Please review my store.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello All

Please review my store https://mdcanswers.com/ 

It's been up about 3 weeks. Some visitors, no sales. I just started my Christmas collection and I plan to offer free shipping, as soon as I work out how to do that. I get more traffic from Instagram and Pinterest. I keep tweeking but there must be a technical reason why nobody is buying. Anyway, have a look and let me know what you think.

Brad

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1428 73 244

Hi Brad, I just now went through your store. I would suggest you to follow the professional layout on the home page. 

You can add a slider of images and add featured products to it. Also, you can add video for top-selling products to make it more creative and interactive.

Home Page: Flow this a little better :) 

• Slideshow Images x 1
  • Collection List (yours looks awesome)
  • Something interesting with maybe "Calls to action"
  • Popular Products (4-8 max) 

I can see a pop-up which is a good way to get engagement but make sure you delay it for a minute or two so that people can go through your store.

Leaving a lot of blank space on the home page shows unprofessionalism. Make sure you utilize the black space in the correct manner. 

The footer menu seems to be incomplete. The purpose of a website footer is to help visitors by adding information and navigation options at the bottom of web pages. It must have quick links to social media, contact us & about us page, privacy policies, return policies, login, site map, navigation menu, etc. 

You can use other engagement tools as well such as loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value, chatbot, email marketing, web push notification, reviews and many other. It will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1208 60 359

Hey Brad! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

Your store brings a log of festive cheer - you're well prepared for Christmas. I noticed two of your pop-ups [in the bottom right corner] overlap each other - it would be a good idea to tweak the display of one of them so it shows in the opposite corner [if you'd like to keep them both]:

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 14.39.17.png

I also recommend integrating Google Analytics with your website - it will start collecting data for you to analyze later, so once you start getting more and generating sales, GA will then tell you which traffic sources bring you the most relevant and profitable traffic, so you could focus on those sources to boost your revenue.

The promo image on the homepage looks awesome:

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 14.42.56.png

However it's not optimized to convert visitors into shoppers - it doesn't have a CTA [call to action] and it's not linked to your products. It also has too much text - when designing promo areas, make sure the text within the images is scannable and people can read it while the scroll through your website - they don't have to stop in their tracks just to read on the image. 

Also, I don't recommend adding lengthy text to images - Google bots cannot read it, so they won't crawl it.

Looking for more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 27 99

Hi @Bradify 

I just took a look at your store and I think it looks really good. There are just a few minor things that I might consider changing

I wasn't able to find reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

Did you think about adding an always visible buy button. Your buy button is the most important button on your site and it should always be within the thumbs reach of the customer. Take a look at your store (especially on your phone), and try to easily find your buy button, especially when you are on the bottom of the page. If your buy button isn't always visible you are making it harder for your customer to buy. Consider adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales , it will help it make it easier for your customer to buy from you.

An important thing I couldn't find is a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

After looking I couldn't find a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like