Please review my store

NCSStockton
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi folks,

My store has be up for about 5 months and I think it looks prettty good and I get a little traffic without much advertising, but only 1 sale in 5 month.

My graphics slow the page dow a bit but most people I have asked to look at it say it pops right up.

My I have some serious, honest criticism? Layout, products, accessibility, suggestions. Please help.

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1001 136 327

Hey @NCSStockton,

I'd be happy to provide feedback on your store. What is your store link?

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
NCSStockton
Tourist
6 0 1
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1001 136 327

Hey @NCSStockton,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

You are offering a wide range of products on your website, you have masks, electronics, kids toys, sports and more. The issue here is that you are going to have a really hard time with advertising. I would definitely recommend niching down and focusing on trending products. For example, if you were to only sell sports products, then it would transform your social media posts, your website design and your ads. I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will appeal to everyone, but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. After weeks and months of plenty of traffic but no sales, store owners are left discouraged and frustrated. Definitely don't want that for you so please consider niching down and check out our video on how to find winning products:
PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

There are many other recommendations I have but I cover everything in this video, so please give it a watch:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes

Hi @NCSStockton 

Getting traffic without much advertising seems to be a small success though, you're getting noticed!!!

I have some comments that might help to improve your conversion rate:

- The banner looks somewhat blurry, you can use some free tools like imageOptim or PNGaulet to optimize image size without lowing its quality a lot 

PageFly_0-1608612271603.png

- This font makes scanning a bit hard, especially when it's on a slideshow that changes after a few seconds

PageFly_1-1608612377779.png

- Keep the style consistent 

PageFly_2-1608612558675.png

- All the text in capital is really hard to read. Also, I found that you're trying to mention lots of discount on the page, which is fairly overwhelmed to me and I didn't know where to focus.

PageFly_3-1608612596127.png

- The product details are too close to the edge, the product image can't be zoomed to see the material and patterns, the image quality is low as well. Please enhance its quality, it will help increase credibility to your store

- I couldn't click on the title to get more details about the product as well.

PageFly_4-1608612901126.png

=> Overall, I think you might:

- Try to diverse the layout, not like keep all text on the right and image on the left, you can you reverse the layout on the next line

- Improve readibility and reduce the text, keep your best offer and make it prominent 

- Improve image quality

- Reduce page weight, right now it is 26.9MB for the home page. Some things you can do right now is to implement Lazy loading, review and remove the apps you no longer use because they leave code on your store and slow your page. You can check the page speed report here for more details https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fu7eojwlva

I hope those ideas above can be useful for you. If they are, please give me a 'like'

I wish you the best of luck

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
218 15 75

Hello @NCSStockton 

Hope you are well. You have a very cute theme that perfectly compliments your products, so good job done there. 

Here are some minor feedbacks from my side: 

Chatbot: 

A Chatbot will be very helpful in gathering customer insights as well as answering the relevant questions, for which you don't need to be bothered. 

Text: 

There is a big block of text beside your images, which most users will most likely not read. Stick to using one or two lines of key words instead. You may consider putting another picture instead, so that customers get attracted. 

Product Images: 

Finally, because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz

That's all from me! Thank you and Best of Luck! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3737 214 666

Hello @NCSStockton, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback:

- You should make your store professional enough to attract visitors to your store & make them to purchase.

- Improve the product page. It's not looking professional. Refer to some stores for the idea.

Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with CTA )- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

To add a section of new/ trending/ recently viewed products you can install AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.

- Engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
NCSStockton
Tourist
6 0 1