Please review my very first store!

Highlighted
1 0 0

What can I improve?  I only have 1 product and my store has been live for a few days but gets no views.  I don't know why.  Any feedback is welcome! www.opuslivewell.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
619 47 134

Hi, @Alia20!

Julie here from Shopify Support. Congratulations on launching your store!

You've done an excellent job with your theme and I love how you've used bold text to highlight some key features of your product. This can be really helpful for customers who want to learn more about your olive oil. 

I also noticed you've added a blog. This is a great way to boost SEO and increase customer engagement. However, the blog seems to be a bit hidden in your footer menu. I would recommend also adding it to your main menu so it's easily visible for customers. It would also be wise to consider showcasing your blog on your homepage if your theme supports this. You can check to see if this is possible within your theme editor by heading to Online store > Themes > Customize > Add section and browsing the available sections there. I also suggest changing the title of your blog from "News" to something a bit more relevant, like "Blog". 

Your website looks great, so now it's time to focus on marketing. You've mentioned that you haven't received any page views; what have you been doing to market your website?

The success of your business ultimately boils down to how you promote it, so it's important to have some solid marketing plan in place. A marketing plan will help you fully understand your marketing goals and how you can achieve them. If you aren't quite sure as to how you'll be promoting your business, have no fear! We have a ton of resources to help guide you in the right direction, along with built-in marketing features that will allow you to create and manage social media ads directly through Shopify.

For inspiration, I suggest checking out our blog post, "Need Traffic? Here's How to Get Visitors to a New Website (Even If You Don't Know Where to Begin)". This should help generate a few ideas, as it dives into a variety of marketing tactics, like social media ads, influencer marketing, content marketing, and SEO. I highly recommend giving this a read! 

Lastly, once you've generated a few sales, I would highly recommend adding a testimonial section to your website so customers can leave reviews. There are actually a few different apps in the Shopify App Store that will help you achieve this. Some popular options include Product Reviews, Yotpo Product Reviews & Photosand Stamped.io Product Reviews. As an avid online shopper myself, I find product reviews to be super insightful, so this would definitely be something worth considering in the future. 

I hope this leads you with a few suggestions and I'd love to hear more about your marketing plans and how you are promoting your store. Feel free to respond here and we can bounce some more ideas around!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
539 10 150

Hi @Alia20 !

You have amazing engaging images. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

When it comes to single-item stores it might be challenging driving traffic and have sales because the market for that product might not be too big. That is why I advise to work in partnership with other companies that sell complementary products or services. 

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 1 3

Hi @Alia20 

@Adeliais right, single product store faces initial hurdles when it comes to traffic

Blog & Social Media is good starting to act as landing user to product page

your product falls into wellness/healthy diet category,

you can create curated recipes which requires "olive oil" and promote on social media FB/Insta/Twitter with your product as landing page

you can ask back-link to you website with recipe author for promoting there recipe on your blog

on Desktop view main product branding is not visible:

hashtd_0-1602132067242.png

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
284 30 96

Hi @Alia20

I've seen your store and I think I know your problems. 

- Firstly, I want to talk about the main problem here. You're selling only one product, so what you really need is a landing page, not a normal homepage. 

If you want to see an example of a landing page, check this site: https://allfetch.com/instagram-gallery-shopify/ 

A landing page is where you encourage your customers to reach out to the product pages. So just invest your time to create an amazing landing page. 

I see you're having two big advantages that are your product photos and your texts.

I really love the texts that describe your products. But it would be great if you can short some texts down.

The product photos are beautiful but now you're only having 1 photo related directly to your product. Try to add more as soon as possible. 

In the end, just try to take these advantages. 

And when you make your landing page, I think the gallery is necessary. You can create an Instagram account, and after that, make an Instagram gallery for your store. 

Check this app if you like: Shoppable Instagram Gallery

- Secondly, your home page has to add some parts.

+ Add Quantity section, maybe your customer want to buy 2 bottles.

+ Add Buy now button, it can increase your sales. 

+ Add Title for your description. 

+ Add some texts about your story and products.

ConveyLego0612_0-1602215731863.png

- And of course, your logo has to be more outstanding.

After you design your store, the next work to do is marketing and running ads, right? You need to take deep research about your niche and how to have a successful marketing campaign. 

Don't waste your time and money on a bad advertising campaign. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes