my webstore is https://www.paper-clip.com.sg/
We are a lifestyle store in sunny Singapore, situated by the Singapore River, and have been trying to grow our online business as we have been badly affected by covid19 measures.
We want to grow our business further and get more sales through organic traffic. Most of our traffic comes from Google Shopping but other than that, our site doesn't get any traffic unless we resort to paid advertising. Because of this, we are definitely missing out on a lot of potential customers. What are your tips for better ranking on google/improving SEO for our site?
Also, some analytic numbers as im not sure what's a good rate
Conversion rate - 0.71%
Add to cart - 3.20%
Reach checkout - 1.50%
Would appreciate any feedback and help we can get.
Thank you in advance!
Hello @Natk ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you. I hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
There are a lot of factors that contribute to your store conversion rate aside from SEO.
First you definitely need quality content, even headline, product title, description, blog content increases your search ranking. Try to do some keywords research and improve those, you can check this guides for more info.
Your home page is a good one, it appears with the breadth of product collections, your visitors know exactly what kind of product you're selling, but increase your image quality will bring a professional feeling and increase your CR.
The Menu Navigation (header) should be sticky so visitors can access it anywhere and easily reach the search bar to search for the product they want since you have a lot of products. I see 2 search icons, that's quite confusing, you should just use 1
For Product page, where it convince people to add product to cart, a lot of attention should be paid here:
- Product image: use 3-4 images from multiple angels, in-scale image
- Include shipping and refund policy right in the product page to increase trust, they will more likely to purchase if they have some warranty
- Use bright color to highlight Product price and compared price
Improve all in one is not easy at all, you can try to improve them one by one and the important thing is to monitor how the change affects your CR
Hope you find this helpful.
Hi congrats on growing your online lifestyle store. It looks like you are a Singapore based store, and targeting not only local but also international customers. Here are a few suggestions for you while targeting international markets.
You may provide multi-currency/multi-lingual site and auto display local currency/ language based on your visitors' locations. Showing your visitors their currency and language, it builds trust immediately and supports visitors' purchase decision. Customer conversion rate will be effectively boosted. For example, you may use free Shopify Currency converter + Geo redirect tool. When the currency is changed, it adds a parameter to the URL, for example, exampleshop.com?cur=USD, or exampleshop.com?cur=AUD. With Geo redirect tool, it detects your visitors' locations based on IP and auto directs them to correct URLs. You can set up redirecting rules easily for visitors from different locations and auto display their local currencies. Multi-lingual feature is similar.
Besides, you can better engage visitors using announcement bar at the top of your page and pop-ups with location-specific messages. For example, instead of showing your local shipping policy at the announcement bar, you can dynamically add local-specific messages, like "Free shipping over $30 to XXX city" based on where your visitor is at. It interacts with customers proactively. Additionally, you can conduct regional-specific marketing campaigns using pop-ups. If visitors matches the specific regions you predefined, it can auto display pop-ups showing your promotions while visitors from other locations will not be able to see such promotions. Geo Targetly detects your visitors' locations and provides tools like Geo Popups, and Geo Bars supporting your marketing campaigns.
if you are interested about geo targeting strategy, you may read the post: https://geotargetly.com/blog/how-to-use-geolocation-data-for-e-commerce-activity
Hi @Natk welcome to Shopify store
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.
2. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also, you can do more target-oriented email campaigns. Also, Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.
3. Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
I hope this helps!
Hey @IreneWijaya ,
I agree with the other posters here to fix some of those issues. But right now we can only point out things we see.
There's a lot of the process we can't see.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We also do video replays, so you will be able to collect replay videos of your customers, journey through your website to know who, why, where your customers are dropping off. Time to stop doing guess work.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.