Please review our website & leave constructive feedback! :)

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi all, we are a small family business and relatively new to the e-commerce space. We are sort of stumbling forward in the dark when it comes to combating the internet algorithms across social media platforms to figure out what converts sales and what not. We do have an Etsy store that has been growing nicely and we are now gearing up to start doing Google Ads for our Shopify site. We are at a point now, where outside judgment of our site is welcome so we can grow beyond our own judgments and perceptions of our site.

Any constructive feedback & recommendations regarding our site and possible getting started with Google Ad words (and things like SEO, web accessibility, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

(website) https://luminariumdesigns.com

(Instagram) https://www.instagram.com/luminariumdesigns/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 230

Hello,

You can use open new tab on the links on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.
You can add your store blog. Blog gives you the chance to make important substance for your clients. Utilize this as a promoting strategy to manage movement back to your site. Blog make better Your Website's SEO , Increase Traffic to Your Website through inbound links.
I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.
Otherwise nice work you have done on your website.

Thanks,

Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

Hi @jmalbrecht1

The lanterns are very authentic and unique, so I think that with some amendments on your site, you will find get great sales. 

Homepage 

1) Use fixed-static scroll for header, since the scroll that you have is thin and hard to use. That way customers will always have access to homepage and other essential pages. 

2) Add more information on the navigation bar, maybe even show the Shop by size/style categories there. 

3) Enable accounts on your site to gather more emails and build a customer base. 

4) Replace you basic Insta gallery with an app gallery, since the API will be discontinued for them soon. https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/FYI-Changes-to-Instagram-feeds-in-themes-coming-March... 

I recommend using https://apps.shopify.com/instagram-photos 

Product page

1) Add more information on how it functions, which batteries can be used, how safe it is etc. 

2) Add a review section, to gain more testimonials. Growave offers a free one along with some other cool features. 

Make a copy of your theme and play around with designs. As I said, you offer authentic, homemade things so accentuate that. You can choose design that make your site feel like home. Minimalistic theme may not always be good :( 

Hopefully, I managed to help you, if so please let me know by liking this post. 

Good luck!

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Luminarium Designs,

Footer needs some modification. All footer links should be arranged vertically for better placement and orientationThe newsletter should be shifted to the footer insteadFooter links should be placed to the left of the footer, newsletter to the right and social links should be placed below both of them. Other important observations for store optimization are as follows:

1. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
  2. Login, when added, should be placed beside the search bar and cart for a more systematic header look.
  3. The logo should contain some text as well in order to define the store name and significance.
  4. The header template should highlight some discount or coupon codes as well apart from free shipping offers.
  5. More social links need to be added apart from Facebook and Instagram for better customer-centricity.
  6. Reviews need to be added below each product for improving customer choice.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial
     period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the store improves and helps to drive a lot of sales and conversions.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
338 26 100

Hello,

I did go through your store and found one major issue w.r t to SEO optimization. 

You are mentioning anywhere in the collection name or in the product title what type of product it is. Example: https://luminariumdesigns.com/collections/animals/products/seahorse-votive

In the above example, there is nowhere mentioned it is a lantern in title or product URL. 

I have below suggestions:

Better optimize your product URL by avoiding duplicate words. Avoid using "and", "or". Provide a descriptive title and product description.

I recommend using SEO APPs such as flare, which regularly and verifiably submit your store content to major Search Engines such as Google and Bing.

Hope this was helpful.

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
1 Like
Highlighted

Howdy Albrecht Family

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I think the dark background does not show off your product as well. Even the customer testimonials on your homepage get lost in the shuffle. NOt sure a black background is best for your product or brand

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Latern Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers from Etsy for reviews is a great way to get this started

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thank you for taking the time to review my site! Your feedback is greatly appreciated! 

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey @jmalbrecht1 

I like your products but more so I like the fact that you focus on only that as your niche. This is your strength as opposed to what I often see with other businesses that try to sell everything under the sun. 

The advantage for you by focusing on this niche is having the ability to identify the target market of people who are most likely to buy. The fact you have a physical shop (if I understood correctly) and an Etsy store that is already generating sales should give you an idea of who are your kind of customers (age, gender, location, what stage of life they're in etc.). The relevance of this is that once identified, you can tailor your language and in particular, your marketing to that niche. Don't try to sell to the world (yet); get the target market (which should still be a large number of people globally) to be your fans and build your business on that. 

Once nailed down, this target market approach will ensure you are more cost-effective with social ads. Others may have commented on the what and the how of ads. If not already doing, I would suggest Facebook ads and Instagram ads may be more effective given the visual appeal of your product. But now you can use language, imagery and tone that will appeal to the target market you have already identified rather than trying to please everyone. 

The next thing to focus on to increase sales is customer reviews (note: customer reviews, not testimonials). The testimonials you have on your site are ok but don't give people a sense of who bought, when, and what they thought of product quality, service and delivery etc. That counts for a million times more as your validations on the product. And reviews are much more powerful than testimonials which I don't find very convincing anyway.

To that end you should put together a proper strategy for reviews as once customers come through as a result of the ads, the last thing you want is them bouncing off the page because there is not enough social proof. Given you already have customers (i.e. from Etsy), this should be an easy win for you. At Syntellio, this is exactly what we can help with to ensure you get this right and convert visitors from ads to paying customers at the end of the day. 

95% of shoppers read online reviews before making a purchase

Syntellio collects online reviews on your behalf and allows you to share to social media, helping you increase sales and make your store a success.

Get started for free here.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

The pleasure is mine! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes