Please share your feedback on my store.

Solved

I opened this store 5 months ago. What do you think? Click here...It's Reflections Jewelry. Copper jewelryCopper jewelryReiki jewelryReiki jewelryTitanium jewelryTitanium jewelryWrist WatchesWrist WatchesVintage jewelry & pocket-watchesVintage jewelry & pocke...

Cynthiagarden, where hopeisfree
0 Likes
JasonC
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 185

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, Cynthia!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Thank you for being on our platform for five months. I love how spiritual your store is. After going through your store in detail through every section, here are some of my suggestions that can help you improve your store's user experience.

1. The tabs on the main menu and the footer menu are sorted in an assorted order. In English, generally, people read from left to right and from top to bottom. These directions also affect how we process information. There's a visual hierarchy on how we organize information. When you visit most of the online store, this is the reason why the Home tab is usually located on the left and then the collections branch out to the right. With the footer menu, the more important information sits on the top followed by a hierarchy. Since the collections are well-organized, we can eliminate the "All Products" tab to prevent redundant information. For your references, here's a great article on Visual Hierarchy: Organizing content to follow natural eye movement patterns.
    02_14-nlksw-b3muc
    02_17-jbn4e-5r0qk
  2. It's very nice to provide images that echo with your brand. The Slideshow section is providing a nice introduction. At the moment, the top two sections have no paddings/space between them so the visitors' focus gets distracted. To avoid duplicate content and offer a better visual focus, I recommend you remove the Image with overlay text section. 
    02_37-o5iut-0dk7x
  3. The app you use to generate the partner products is coming up with unrelated products to your store's topic. If this app hasn't generated solid traffic for you, I suggest you remove the app. Without the section, it makes the store looks more professional and trustworthy. 
    02_45-68vne-deesb
  4. The About Us page has a few hyperlinks that link to the same page. This reduces the trust of your visitors. The hyperlinks are also including words randomly. Currently, they are with "of", "entrepreneur", and "n for beauty,". The best place to put this hyperlink in is "owner of the historic Fine Arts Center", as it's located at the top and has the highest chance for the visitor to click on it.
    02_51-ojjgx-i132z
  5. The product descriptions are directly imported from your vendors. Since this is an online store, this is one of the most crucial points to convert visitors to actual customers. Remember, the visitors rely on the product descriptions and images to decide whether if they want to buy the product or not. It's best to spend the time to come up with tailored product descriptions. This also helps you with keeping the formatting more consistent. To help you with the product descriptions, here's Product Page Tune-Up: 9 Timeless Ways to Increase Conversions. 02_09-qx1c1-bznmq02_10-zbhms-drom1

6. Last but not least, the social media buttons at the footers are all broken at the moment. Don't forget to make sure the links are viable. You'd be surprised by how many visitors would click on them.
    02_14-b1c4d-op1k7
    To update the link, go to Shopify admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize. In the theme editor, on the left-hand side menu, click on Theme settings > Social media. Scroll down to the Social accounts section and ensure that all the links are in the URL form. Once updated, don't forget to click on Save at the top right corner.

Overall, you've built a solid foundation for your store. These few tweaks may seem a little overwhelming. Keep in mind that the information is always here. I encourage you to divide and conquer. For example, for the product descriptions, update five a day. Work your way through.

Now we've covered the design part, how are you doing with digital marketing? Have you started any ad campaigns? If so, what have you tried? I'd love to know more. Let's brainstorm together and discuss how we can take your store to the next level. When you have a moment, come check out Shopify Academy. It offers great free tutorials on various different marketing strategies, including the often overlooked email marketing.

I hope this information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

Hi 

Add live chat support App (eg: https://apps.shopify.com/tawk-to) so that your customers can directly reach out to you.

6. You need to add "contact us" page to your website so that it is easy for the customers.

7. From SEO perspective, You must give alt tags in all the possible images. This will help in the Search Engine Optimization SEO of your store.

8. Meta details needs to be updated of product and collection page. You have used more than 1 H1 tag which is not good for higher ranking.

There are many more things which needs you attention.

If you still need any help, feel free to connect with me. 

Thanks.

Shopify Expert
Email: sarthakagarwal@cedcommerce.com
0 Likes

Jason,

What a wonderful email message! thank you. You feedback is very helpful and informative. I will take it step by step and improve my store with your "handy" suggestions.

I am appreciative!

Cynthiagarden, where hopeisfree
JasonC
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 185

Hi, @Cynthiagarden!

No problem at all! I'm so glad you found my feedback informative and helpful.

If you have any questions during your update, feel free to reach out to this thread anytime. I'd be happy to help you out!

Best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

AnnaBijou
Excursionist
37 0 9

Hi Cynthia

This Shopify app https://apps.shopify.com/jewelry-store is specific to Jewelry stores and manufacturers. The app connects jewelry businesses together to help grow inventory, sales, and connections.  

0 Likes