Please share your feedback on our new shop

1 0 0

Hello all,

We are an interior design studio and shop. We have recently launched our online Shopify shop to accompany the physical store. We are marketing to our existing customer and design client lists. 

We offer products that are ethically made using sustainable practices. We'd love some feedback on the store. Please feel free to take a look and tell us what you think.

Thanks!

The Shop at Found

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
118 12 25

Hi @Founddesign,

Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to Shopify! I'm delighted to hear that you've chosen our platform to host your online store and I'd be happy to provide you with some feedback on the work you've done so far. On an initial glance I think the work you've done is really stellar; I like the minimalistic style you've gone for and it really ties in with you "FEWER. BETTER. THINGS." slogan. I do have a few pieces of advice I can offer though which I hope will be of some use to you.

I took a look at your About Us page and love the content here; it really sells your business to people and provides potential customers with more information about who you are and the products you sell. I would however recommend adding some of this information to the homepage so that customers can see some of this information immediately, meaning you can really highlight to potential customers why they should buy from you as soon as they arrive on the site. It only needs to be a couple of sentences or so, and I would suggest highlighting the unique selling points of your products (such the products being sustainably made!) You don't want to overwhelm visitors with lots of text to read as soon as they arrive, but a brief introduction can go a long way to spiking customers' interests and increasing conversions.

I believe adding an FAQs page to the site would be a great addition too. You can summarize some of the information provided in the About Us page to make it even more digestible, and also answer some more practical questions about purchasing and shipping. Some of the questions you might want to address include what methods of payments you accept, where you ship to, and how long it takes for orders to be fulfilled and delivered. For some potential buyers, answering these questions up front might be the difference between them making a sale and leaving the website! We've a great blog post about building an FAQs page with some examples you can take inspiration from, which you can find here.

I've also taken a look through some of your product pages and think the imagery you've used looks superb, and the product descriptions include a lot of relevant information that customers will want to know. However, I do think there are a few more details you could add for some products - an example I found would be the Vintage Cabinet:

19-08-lbem5-5ryx4

I feel like some extra information would be beneficial, especially for a product at this price point. You could speak more about the materials used, such as what type of wood the product is made out of, as well as any other details you feel like a customer might be interested in knowing before purchasing. For a product of this size and weight, I'd also suggest making some sort of comment about how the item would be shipped/ collected, as I imagine this would be a key concern for any potential buyer. You could also think of adding some more photos for the product, with perhaps some more angles of the unit and close ups of the material displayed. Try and think of any questions a customer might have, and try and answer them with a detailed description and photos.

A small thing I'd recommend as well would be adding a favicon, which is the small icon that appears next to the name of the site in your browser's tab:

19-08-b2j6x-snlza

It's a minor adjustment for sure, but it doesn't take long to do and helps add an extra layer of professionalism to the site.

I hope all of these suggestions have helped, and I think together they'll help add some nice finishing touches to what is a very well-designed and good-looking storefront. If you do have any questions on the recommendations I've made, or anything else about the store, please let me know!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Cool idea for a store and you are on the right track. Some more TLC can take your store to the next level.  Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage and feature less product and try to get more of your brand and personality in there

2. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages. The white couch really jumps off this page

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

4. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like

Hi @Founddesign 

I don't think this is the right theme for you. Other FREE themes that would work better and really show of the design feel I'm sure you're after. 

Home Page: I'd work on the flow also. 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List 
  • Image With Text ( something Interesting ) 
  • Newsletter Sign Up ( Be Creative ) 
  • Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) 

Overall keep up the good work and I'm sure you will do great things online. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

0 Likes
Trailblazer
375 23 92

Hi Found design ,

Congratulations for the new store .Your store looks really good and has a nice tempo throughout. Surely there is lot of scope for improvement as I can see you are missing some of the quite basics stuff . I can confront you to some of those , you can follow these  if you like as it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user friendly . Also it will build additional level of trust with the customer and drive you a lot better sales.

1. I don't think the logo is rightly placed or either professional . Get yourself a better logo with a better background-color as this one is barely visible and align it with menu .
  2. You can add a favicon on the website ref this article from shopify here, it’s simple and will help strengthen your brand.
  3. Even add some interesting things as your homepage is quite monotonus like some testimonials or some instagram images which will take you to your account.
  4. Further to increase your average order value you can add another section of Frequently Bought/Clicked/Trending/Bestselling products on your home page.
  5. Surprisingly , I can't differentiate footer. Try to change  background-color and align it vertically as it will make a better sense.
  6. Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  7. Add a few more images for your products as well a little longer description, as it will influence someone better to go for the product.
  8. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.

9. For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisement from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.

10. Checkout Boost let you increase checkouts and prevent cart abandonment . Incentivise customers with irresistible offers that boost your checkout rate by 25%+.

11. You have around 280 prouducts, I'm pretty sure you'll be adding few more soon ,it can sometimes make it hard to find the right product with the type of theme you have so I would suggest you A smart search . The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it's empty . Improving your search, experience has shown to improve conversion rates and reduce the bounce rate for your visitors.

12. Try using Sparq which allows advanced filters, typo tolerance and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.They offer a free App under 100 products .You Should look for that APP , it is user friendly and easy to use .Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes