Plenty Abandoned checkouts but No Sales.

turntupfashion
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey there !! I have recently opened my store and over the past month I have had lots of abandoned checkouts but no sales. Could anyone pls help

thanks

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
769 96 249

Hey @turntupfashion,

I'd be happy to take a look at your store, what is your URL?

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
265 47 161

Hey there, @turntupfashion!  

It’s frustrating when you put in so much effort but get no reward (or sales in your case) from that hard work. Trust me - all of that effort shows. 

Because you have a high cart abandonment rate, I would suggest using three things:

1. Session recordings: These capture everything someone did on your site. Watch what happened during the visit of those people who added a product to their cart and then left your website. They were interested enough but didn’t complete the purchase. 
  2. Run a poll/survey: What stopped them from checking out? Ask them directly for their input and see what happened. You can even then watch the session recordings of people who answered. 
  3. Use chat invites: These let you set certain criteria that triggers a chat invitation when those criteria are met. For example, you could send a chat invite that says, “Would you like to learn more about free shipping?” for those visitors who didn’t checkout within 2 minutes of adding a product to their carts. 

Biggest things I found:

• Announcement bar: Simplify the message and remove the “on select products” message. If it’s not clear what items have free shipping, don’t bother. Link the announcement to your products page.
  • Missing favicon
  • Your main navigation drop-downs aren’t linked correctly or the collections are incorrect. I clicked on Men > Hoodies and Sweatshirts, and it led me to a unisex page. If you’re going to do unisex, then promote it. However, it feels like a bait-and-switch. 

Now, let’s look at your website:

• Header: Move your logo to the left and move your main navigation up. That should minimize some of the extra white space.
  • Main navigation: Simplify this. Use a heatmap, which shows you where people click, to see what areas are most interesting to your visitors. Feature your top collections and move the rest to your Catalog. Also, test “All Products” to see if it performs better than “Catalog.” 
  • Hero image: I like that you use one hero image, but use one that relates to your messaging. “Your go-to adrenaline fashion” seems like it’s more exciting and energetic, but you’re showcasing a plain, white hoodie on someone who is sitting. It’s not very energetic! Also, add a CTA.
  • Homepage: Don’t jump into your products yet. Feature your collections right under the hero image to give visitors a chance to learn what you sell. Use a scroll heatmap to evaluate how far people are going and then a click heatmap to see where they click. Optimize your homepage based on your visitors, meaning you probably can leave the About Turnt Up Fashion and Blogs to your footer rather than on your homepage.
  • Contact us: Leave out the phone number field; it’s unnecessary and has a tendency to scare away visitors. 
  • Shipping: Great job on including pricing. However, you aren’t very clear here. How is it domestic from within India and within the US? Again, make it easier for someone to read and understand. 
  • Policy pages: Make sure you link your email address.
  • Collection pages: Lose the collection image header; it’s usually unnecessary. Add in filters that help, such as colors, price, rating, etc. 

Product pages are my biggest issue. 

• Reiterate free shipping 
  • Include a size chart
  • For the description, utilize bold headers. Remove the dropshipping-like information. Think about what your visitors want to know. Be more specific on the care instructions. “Take care of your clothing in the best way possible” isn’t very helpful. Something simply like “wash inside out on cold with like colors and hang to dry” would be easier than what you currently have. 
  • Add in reviews 

I know it feels like a lot, but you’re really on the way. You’ve made a great website, and now you need to use visitor behavior to get you to the next step - sales!  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
NikkiElizDeMere
Excursionist
66 6 29

Hi @turntupfashion!

Here's some feedback for your store. 

Homepage

• Your value proposition is "Your go-to adrenaline fashion" but the main photo is of a sweater. Consider updating the main photo so that it shows someone wearing your product while doing an activity (like BMX) to help reinforce branding around "adrenaline." (I recommend staying away from stock photography, btw.)

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 3.22.12 PM.png

• If it turns out that "adrenaline" isn't your main message, I recommend updating your unique value proposition. “A value proposition is a promise of value to be delivered. It’s the primary reason a prospect should buy from you. It’s also the #1 thing that determines whether people will bother reading more about your product or hit the back button. On your site, your value proposition is the main thing you need to test—if you get it right, it will be a huge boost.”

Resources for value prop design

Value proposition worksheet
Value Proposition Design book

• Add a main call-to-action above the fold. (What's the first step you want the customer to take? Encourage them to make it by adding a button and linking to the page in which they can accomplish the first step.)

• In the drop-down menu, t-Shirt under Women links to men's t-shirts.

Product pages

• Add copy to each product page in the form of storytelling (in addition to the product description). This is good practice for both SEO and conversions.

For example: on this product page on David's Teas for raspberry mojitos, the storytelling on the page is: "Is there any way to improve on fresh mint and tangy lime? Just add raspberries! Our juicy Raspberry Mojito iced tea is about to become your new go-to drink. It’s a bright pink tisane that’s fruity, minty and utterly refreshing. Served over ice with a splash of rum, this caffeine-free infusion tastes like a summer afternoon on a sunny Havana patio. In short, pure heaven."

Joanna Wiebe and Alaura Weaver share 11 storytelling elements:

A relatable protagonist/hero (your target customer)
A world (the emotional motivators)
A call to adventure (goal or problem to solve)
The stakes/refusal of the call (nightmare scenario)
A helper (your brand)
A magical item (your offer)
Crossing the first threshold (CTA)
The belly of the whale (onboarding/lead nurturing)
Road of trials (split-testing)
The happily ever after (future pacing)
The return (testimonials & brand advocacy)

• Gather and share more social proof in the form of product video reviews written reviews, and photos from customers.

More than 50% of shoppers say online video has helped them decide which brand or product to buy (Google).
67% of shoppers turn to video at least once before making a purchase (Moz).

• Consider offering free shipping on all products and just work shipping into product pricing. 

In a survey by Walker Sands Communications, 90% of people said that having an order ship for free is the biggest incentive to add more to their cart, while another survey found up to 74% of shoppers will abandon their cart if delivery fees are too high. More on that here.

According to Justuno, 93% of consumers consider visual content to be the key deciding factor in a purchasing decision. 

• It's difficult to see the engraving on the "engraved silver disc image" with the white coating. Screenshot below. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 3.50.14 PM.png

“About Us” page: 

Social media

• If you haven't: create a unique hashtag and encourage customers to use it and tag your store on Instagram, etc.

SEO

• Ensure that your website meets the standards on Google Search Central.
  • For on-page SEO, add original, creative content to your home page and product pages.
  • For off-page SEO, get backlinks via partnerships, guest blogging, communities, social media.

Moz details Google SEO tips for 2021

• Favicon optimization
  • Breadcrumb optimization
  • Meta descriptions
  • Numbers in titles
  • <title> boilerplate
  • FAQ and how-to schema
  • Relaunch top content
  • Increase internal linking
  • Update old content with new links
  • Remove unnecessary links
  • Mobile link parity audit
  • Invest in long-form content
  • Use more headers
  • Leverage topic clusters
  • Bring content out of tabs
  • Core Web Vitals
  • Limit sitemaps to 10,000
  • Leverage dynamic sitemaps
  • Passive link acquisition
  • Page-level link intersect
  • Be the last click

Also, I shared 21 e-commerce trends for 2021 in the Shopify community in case you also want to check that out.

CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
0 Likes

Hi @turntupfashion ,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder. 

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. It’s pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

RichardNguyen_0-1619682134408.png

You can see. When you scroll down, there is no quick way to come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc. Please consider my suggestion above, you can make your header shorten.

It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.

RichardNguyen_1-1619682135947.gif2. Improve your hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. Your current images are pretty but I think we can improve it more, it doesn’t show the attractive products you have.

RichardNguyen_2-1619682134429.png

What should you do?

- Add a premium banner. It makes your site more professional and helps attract the attention of customers 

- Display the products on the banner. As soon as they see your sign, let your customers know what you're selling. You can use slideshow, the other text color to make it highlighted, and a CTA button.

3. Rearrange the layout of your homepage

For the product lists, I suggest that you should consider displaying more items per line. For example, you can give 3 to 4 products in 1 line. It saves the area to display more and helps customers to see more in 1 screenshot.

RichardNguyen_3-1619682134305.png

In this picture, I need to zoom out the browser to see the full 2 products, some information is cut off and I need to scroll down to see. Therefore, I think we need make it smaller. In mobile, 1 product per line is reasonable.

4. Classify the principal and secondary Call-to-action (CTA) button on your Home page

One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they mostly want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate. 

I found that you have few CTA buttons now, we also can add more CTA buttons in your hero banner, collection list (“View more" or “More detail" buttons), and below your product list (You can add “Buy Now"/”Shop Now" buttons).

(1) TURNT UP FASHION 2021-04-29 12-04-14.png

RichardNguyen_4-1619682134459.png

RichardNguyen_5-1619682134345.png

Besides, you should define which button is the principal one, which is the secondary one. They should have suitable styles (same color for same level of CTA). The principal buttons should be the most highlighted on your page. 

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage (LINK)

If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. 

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
Survive 2021 with top secrets from e-commerce leaders
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
168 11 60

Hello @turntupfashion 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.

• You should also add a Call-To-Action (CTA) or a Shop Now button to the banner, so that users can be redirected to the relevant product page, without much delay.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different or products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
769 96 249

Hey @turntupfashion,

Sorry to hear about your abandon cart issue. I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my response can provide some insight as to why this is happening.

turn-03.png

Here was my experience checking out:

I would not make apartment/suite a required field, this wont apply to everyone. I would also recommend not making phone number a requirement (unless you need it for shipping).

turn-01.png

Next, I'd add an estimated delivery time at checkout. You have this information on your individual product pages but it could get missed so it's a good idea to add it at checkout. Not having this information could cause people to abandon cart.

turn-02.png

Next, I noticed your Instagram link isn't working. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, no trail, that is a red flag. Having social media accounts adds legitimacy to your brand. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media.

Reviews are also very helpful in adding trust so I'd recommend adding in a product review app:

On your homepage, that main banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product,  a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

The last thing I'll touch on for now are your products. This is something we see very commonly on the forums. People tend to start shops selling things like jewelry, clothing, accessories and etc. The problem with this is that these types of items can be already be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. So when a person is searching for a clothing item or a piece of jewelry in Google, these big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who makes jewelry locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. For you, your designs are unique but the problem is being found so I would definitely recommend getting a solid marketing strategy in place.

We actually have a free training going on right now. Day 5 is all about ads and developing a profitable ad strategy (Day 5 is tomorrow).  Additionally, we also go over why stores get high traffic with no sales, spending on Ads with no return and visitors abandoning cart. Our free private Facebook training is happening now until April 30, we will be going live every day at 1:00PM (EST). You can sign up here. Really hope you join us! 

One last thing, you can expand your sales channels and promote your dropshipping products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

0 Likes
KieranR
Shopify Partner
227 20 63

Would not buy myself because of several red flags:

• First impression is that this seems like an indian scam site (rupees in currency, quality of copy)
  • Images don't look real to me - they all look stock I get stock photo vibes with 'shopped custom labels
  • the "Congratulations! You've got free shipping" seems kinda sus, it doesn't know I'm in NZ, and I haven't even added anything to cart yet
  • I'd expect shipped from china or somewhere foreign, so I'd expect a 2month delivery?
  • No indication of this site being local, or contactable (phone? address? photo of team?)
  • No idea who is behind the site - wouldn't trust
  • I don't believe the Covid-19 shipping delay notice, if you got it in stock should be quick to ship
  • Seems like you're gonna spam me based on the consent in the checkout
  • I recognise the look of the site as off the shelf and plain (but I guess that's because I'm familiar with the Debut theme)
  • This is clothing and there's no size guarantee or info?
  • I have a gut feeling as though the clothing will be low quality because of the above reasons
  • The price is pretty high - like basically known brand prices for knock off products

Full time Shopify SEO guy, based in NZ. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3005 174 549

Hello @turntupfashion, I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add review carousel or testimonials on the homepage.

- You should definitely start notifying your customers when they abandon your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart.

For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

What helps you more is to use marketing automation tools that will help in better customer engagement automation. You must set up proper email marketing campaigns, loyalty reward programs, web push notifications, or affiliate programs to increase engagement, to implement this you can install AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes