Plenty of traffic, No conversions

Solved
DaigleDavid
1 0 0

I launched my website 2 weeks ago and I have 200 people a day view my website. However, I have zero sales. Could someone review my website and give me pointers or tips on how to make conversions?

https://rotorheadoutfitters.com/

0 Likes
eucalypt
1 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi 

Maybe the name gives an impression of something else. i initially thought that it was something to do with engines or engine parts. 

Outfitters is not really a clothing or fashion word either. 

I'm no expert but just my opinion on the descriptive title.  All the rest of your website looks great .

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2458 142 445

Hello @DaigleDavid, I hope you are doing well! You need to make your store professional enough to grab visitors' attention and convert them into paying customers by engaging and enhancing their browsing experience. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add policies in the footer. 

- Add a sticky header with a drop-down menu. Make your store easy to navigate.

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram shop & feed.

- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

- Add a loyalty rewards program. You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
388 48 69

Hey there, @DaigleDavid!

Ryder here from the social care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting and congratulations on your launch! I've taken a look at your store and would be happy to offer some of my own suggestions. I'll touch on both what I think you can improve in the store's user experience, as well as how we can get you closer to making some sales!

About us

The About Us page is a very important page as it is often one of the first places a visitor will view to learn more about your business. This is your opportunity to build trust and showcase to the visitor why they should shop at your store rather than shop elsewhere - and potentially convert them into a customer. It's important to make sure that the About Us page is accessible and for that reason I recommend including it as a menu item in your menu header. Your About Us page should dive into: who you are, why are you (what problem are you solving for them), what you sell (the solution to that problem), and what your mission is. I believe there is a little more work that can be put in this area to improve your selling point. For example, this line sounds a little bit negative to a first-time observer:

"Also, a RotorHead refers to a Helicopter pilot or mechanic and to all those who are easily offended, it's not a derogatory term, it is just slang for "helicopter pilot"."

I suggest giving our How to Write an About Us Page guide a look for some more pointers. Grammarly is also a fantastic tool to proof-read all the text throughout your website!

Logo

I like what you've done so far with the logo and name. I don't think the term 'outfitters' is inappropriate here, as the definition is as follows: "an establishment that sells clothing, equipment, and services, especially for outdoor activities." My only suggestion here is to improve the quality of your logo. At this point, it seems quite pixelated which can be perceived as unprofessional. Check out this blog for five online logo maker tools you can utilize!

Products

I took a look at your product pages and I love the descriptions and the imagery. Well done! I did notice that upon clicking either 'Apparel' or 'Accessories' in your menu header, I was directed to your 'All products' collection. If you've already created separate collections for both your Apparel and Accessories, you can edit the menu items in the 'Navigation' section of your admin to direct the customer to the appropriate collection.

FAQ

I appreciate that you took the time to create a frequently asked questions page. To ensure that your visitors have the most accessible experience on your website, I too agree with @AiTrillion, to include your policies separately in the footer menu. This help guide will explain how you can generate each policy before adding them to your footer menu through the aforementioned 'Navigation' section.

Social media

Have you already created any business social media accounts? I couldn't locate any social media icons on your page which are important for social proof and building trust with your visitors. I also try to search for your social media business pages on Facebook and Instagram and couldn't find any. If you haven't already I recommend getting on top of this as social media is an integral part of marketing in this day and age. It's also a good idea to connect your Facebook and Instagram accounts to your Shopify store to sell through those platforms.

Depending on which theme you're using, You may be able to add your social media icons to the footer of your website. I recorded a short video of how this can be done through the Theme Editor using the Debut theme for you, here. If your theme doesn't allow you to add the icons from within the Theme Editor, you can reference this unsupported tutorial for alternative options.

Marketing

You mentioned that you've been seeing approximately 200 visitors a day and not receiving any sales. What have you been doing for marketing so far? Have you already developed a marketing plan as a part of your business plan?

We generally recommend our merchant set a goal of obtaining a minimum of 1000 online store sessions in the last 30 days. After reaching that goal, we like to see our merchants' conversion rate lie somewhere between 2-4%, depending on the business. At the rate of 200 visitors a day, it sounds like you're getting pretty close to that benchmark. In that case, let's take a look at why you're not receiving any sales.

Analytics

The best place to start is your sessions over time analytics report. You'll want to set the date range to the last 30 days to get a clear picture of how your business has been doing. On the right hand side of this report, you'll be able to edit columns through a dropdown menu. I recommend adding the 'Referrer source', 'Referrer name', and 'Bounce rate' columns. This information will tell you where your visitors are arriving to your page from and whether they're your ideal target market or if they just happen to stumble across your page and leave immediately without browsing. If your bounce rate is approximately 70% or higher this is often attributed to poor targeting.

Target market

Who is your ideal target market? Based on what I've read in your about us page the only idea I have of who they might be is other people who have served in the military and can relate with the term "Rotor-head". If you're not sure who your target market is beyond that, creating a buyer persona will help to zero in on the specifics. This is crucial for your marketing strategy, as marketing to anyone who doesn't fit your specific target will likely not convert their impression into a sale.

After having made the necessary adjustments to your website and outlined clearly who your target market is you continue with your marketing plan. Upon reaching your next 1000 online store sessions in the last 30 days, take another look to see how these visitors are engaging with your website. If you're still struggling to make sales after implementing all of the above, don't hesitate to create another post in the Feedback On My Store section of our Shopify Community Forums so that the community can offer further support.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify, and best of luck.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes