Plenty of visitors, and no conversions: The tragedy of someone who has no clue what they are doing

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, my name is Chad.

I am trying my best to learn every nook and cranny that I can about starting an eCommerce store. I started a print-on-demand store about 2 years ago that has been in hiatus until recently. 

(shopoffcenter.com)

I started running a Google Adwords Smart PPC Campaign about 3 weeks ago and at first the results seemed really promising. I wasn't seeing any sales, but I was seeing regular visitors which was great. Now that its been 3 weeks and I still haven't seen any sales im wondering if there is something I could be doing a better job at, and would like a second opinion on my site and maybe even my ad copy.

Lately, ive been seeing about 30-50 clicks/visitors per day on my ad, but the average session duration is about 1 second, which has lead to a 98% bounce rate. That's clearly a problem, but one that i'm not sure how to tackle. The bounce rate used to be around 40% consistently for the first week and a half, but I saw only around 20 visitors a day. I haven't made any drastic changes since so im not sure what could cause this.

Hopefully someone sees this and can help, I would really appreciate it. I will include a photo of my ad copy for inspection, and the link to my site posted above. Google ad copyGoogle ad copy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 230

Hello,

-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> I have observed your last post on Instagram is Feb 2019. And I think you have not promoted your products through social media pages. You can post your items in your store Facebook page and Instagram, So many Consumers using social media every day, this presents a great opportunity for to increasing of your conversion rate.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Shop Off Center,

Keep the below-listed points in mind for store optimization:

• The prompt CTA like "Shop Now" should be placed in the center of the hero banner.
  • Multiple newsletters are not desirable on the homepage.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

I hope your issue gets resolved.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1747 108 313

Dear Chad_Dyer_Essig,

Hope following suggestion will help you.

1. Try A/B Testing in Your Ads

2. Do remarketing as well as do email marketing to your old customers 

3. Go for Facebook Ads

4. Go for Custom affinity audience 

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
300 11 61

Hi @Chad_Dyer-Essig 

I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1.  Posting a blog on your website will give you the opportunity to create relevant content for your customers as a blog will be the source to deepen the connection with customers. 
2. Ask customers to give feedback on products they've bought as this will make the product look trustworthy, 90% of the customers will go through at least one review before purchasing the product.
3. Offering a wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't end up purchasing. 
4. There are too many images on your homepage banner, you can categorize in another page and add all the collections in that, this will reduce the clutter on your website.
5.  A section of most purchased/reviewed products on your homepage will help the products getting reviewed.
6. You need to create urgency and social proof on your store for that you need to add visually attractive stickers like trending now, few products left which creates urgency and boost sales. ( Attaching one of your product image with a sticker as reference)
image_png169425230.png

Try out this and let me know if you want any further help, I'm always happy to help.

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello Chad, I hope you are well
there are a varied number of reasons why your store visitors are not translating into increased sales.

A visit to your page shows that you quite a number of things in order, 
---You have a few collections of like products - this is great,

---You have a varied range of products which helps with varied customer acquisition

---You linked your social channels to your store, it's a great way to expand your storefront

and a few things that can be improved..

---You can rearrange these collection by dividing them according to gender where it applies, this is because fashion is quite sensitive to gender differences.

---the showing of various items tagged with prices is not the best experience for a shopper - presenting the prices at the very beginning could ward of potential customers ---. what you need to do is to attract them with "vivid " descriptions (brand, fabric, color, etc.) of the product and present the price when the visitor has had the chance to  fall in love with the product.

These said, I'll suggest that you consider installing a social recommendations app - which are noted to convert more than the ad industry average (1.91% Click-through rate; 1 out of 50 visitors convert on an ad). I'll particularly recommend Rendezvous Recommendations, which enables your store visitors to generate and share a catalog of products from your store and share with their friends for their recommendations. In 2019 Rendezvous Recommendations

had a conversion rate of 21.84% (1 of 5 people convert on a Rendezvous Social Recommendations) which is 10 times higher than the industry average. 
The beauty here is the future that this bodes for you and visitors with time and the harvesting of the recommendations behavior, of your visitors, the Rendezvous algorithm will begin offering highly relevant recommendations that will most likely end up in extra sales for you.

Do install the Rendezvous Social Recommendations App and let me know your thoughts on it.

Don't forget to like and mark it as an accepted solution if you find it useful.

Merchant Dashboard - AnalyticsMerchant Dashboard - Analytics

Rendezvous is AI-powered social recommendations engine - enabling customers to discover products on merchant stores and leading to higher conversion rates.
Over 500,000+ shoppers are already using Rendezvous Recommendations to find products from big brands like - Amazon, Macy’s, Walmart & BestBuy.
0 Likes