Poor conversion rate, cheap CPC, high traffic. HELP Please!

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi guys!

We just wanted to reach out on the forums to see if anyone could help us out or give us some pointers. Maybe a fresh set of eyes can help point out any flaws on our site. 

We were selling mostly wholesale before but now with all that is going on, we need to try and expand our D2C channel to keep things alive. We just started running some ads and we're getting clicks for around 7 cents which seems relatively cheap, but we aren't converting. Maybe there's something wrong with the site that isn't clear to us and is affecting our conversion rate. The average time on page is around 53 seconds. So people are scrolling and viewing content. We have some pretty good incentives with discounts and free shipping but nothing seems to be helping.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The store is www.zerowastemvmt.com 

Thanks in advance!

Zac

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
873 0 58

Good looking website

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
83 4 28

Hi @zerowastemvmt

Welcome to the ecommerce game ; ).  I think it'd be helpful if you thought of yourself as having essentially 6-7 single page ecommerce stores.  Check out this guide to selling individual products on your store.  Big stores with huge catalogs can use traditional ecommerce layouts, but sometimes you just need to do one thing well: 
https://pixelunion.net/blogs/state-of-the-union/single-product-ecommerce-small-store-big-success

Tired of having high traffic but no sales?
Learn how to increase your conversion rate with this Step by Step Guide
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1755 111 382

Hey Zero Waste Mvmt,
"If you aren’t aware, now is the time to change". "Lack of site optimization" could be the main blocker that’s stopping your traffic from converting into sales. So, an"urgent site improvement" is needed. Look into the following tips for the same:

1. Place the "Login" on the top-right header corner beside the cart apart from the dropdown.
  2. "Currency converter" should also be placed beside the cart instead of being placed below it.
  3. "About us" section should certainly be descriptive. Add some images to make it look more "expressive".
  4. For better customer interaction, a "Contact Us" section is a must.
  5. "New Arrivals" is a must on the homepage for better information on the latest site trends and product designs as well.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May the store bring you a lot of success and recognition in the coming time.

Neha :) 

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @zerowastemvmt,

If you want to convert visitors, make sure you provide them with exactly what they need.

On a homepage, what most people look for is an overview of the store and the product range available, so making it clear about the types of product you are selling is important. 

1. Hero banner: Include a clear and concise description of what products this store offer.

"Eco-Friendly Essentials" is too general. What are those "essentials", you need to make it clear. Give people an idea of what to expect.

07:04-02.png

2. Make "Search" field and navigation bar visible and available.

Upon landing on a homepage, many people skip the homepage content and reach out for the navigation bar or the search field to search for the product they are finding. Thus, it's important to make these two elements available and as easy-to-find as possible. 

You are making your header sticky, which is good. But I can't find the search field. Make sure you include a search option within this sticky header. Also, I suggest you make the navigation menu visible, instead of hiding them behind this icon.

07:04-04.png

3. Remove the layer on the hero banner.

Are you intentionally including a white layer above the hero banner? I'm not sure what the purpose is, but as a visitor, it is seriously impacting my experience. The text seem to be covered by the white layer as well, which is really annoying.

I have this post where I answer questions about store design and UX, you can ask here if you have other questions, I'd be happy to help.

https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Shopify-Store-Design-Q-amp-A-Feedback-To-Your-S...

- Tips to optimize website loadspeed: academy.pagefly.io/how-to-speed-up-website

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes