Pretty Please need Feedback on my Boutique Store!

Lucahill
Tourist
3 0 1

I have been running my Shopify Online Womens Clothing Boutique for over 2 years now. I do well in sales at local pop ups and events, however really feel like I’m missing something as far as getting traffic to my store online. I have adjusted meta descriptions, alt descriptions, attempt to have good quality product images and descriptions and feel like overall my site looks nice. 
I need some serious feedback so that I might direct more traffic, maybe it’s something super easy that I need to add, what am I missing?

Thanks for taking a look!

www.shoplucahill.com

0 Likes
ollebamma
2 0 0

I think you should have read the community rules before you post. It clearly states that when you are posting for feedback, ensure to include your store link. Please reply with the link to your store.

Apart from that, here are few questions for you.

1. What kind of marketing strategy that you have try before?

2. Do you currently hire a VA for your shopify store

3. Which kind of theme are you using(for speed score check because it can affect customers experience).

Please try to answer this question as soon as possible.

0 Likes
Lucahill
Tourist
3 0 1

www.shoplucahill.com

Yes, I commonly use FB and IG for marketing, also emailing. I try to keep costs at a minimum, have not hired a VA.

I use the  Brooklyn theme.

0 Likes
ollebamma
2 0 0

I have view your store and there are so many errors in the store. 

Pros:

1. The banner images looks professional and eye-catching.

2. It loads pretty fast, which is good for SEO.

Cons:

1. The Instagram link is not working. You did not linked it to the store properly. See screenshot

2. I suggest you put what you are selling, in a nice way, after the header picture or slideshow before displaying the catalogs or products.

Or better still, you can fist featured 4 best products under the slideshow and then write a short description about the store under that.

I suggest this because the first 4 products will have already make your visitors intrigued about the store and naturally, they will have some questions in mind. What is thing all about? Is this nails the right one for me? Will it looks beautiful on me? Will people like it? How long will this nails takes to reach me?

Make sure to answer this question in the very next paragraph or else risk losing their interest.

This is very essential as I have seen from your store, it looks pretty unprofessional. Try to fix this.

Then try this tips to your shopify store:

If you wants to start an ecommerce business or even a dropshipping business, there are some things you should try to have in place, even with no advertising you can still get a few sales. 

Important pages:

Many starters in e-commerce usually forget this. They failed to understand that this is the heartbeat of any successful business. If your store lacks some important pages, no matter the kind of ads you run, it will not give you the conversion you deserved. This kind of pages includes:

Shipping Policy page

Contact us Page

About the product page

Privacy policy page

Refund Policy page

2. Basic On page SEO: 

This is not even for search engines alone. It is also for your ideal buyers. For example, you did not want your customers to hunt through 10 pages before finding your product page. Make sure you arrange all your store pages in a nicely formatted way. For example:

a. Home > Collections > Product pages

This is one of the most popular arrangements and it is what I usually recommend for stores with many products. Featured your product collections in the homepage.

b. Home > Product page

This is the best arrangements that I can point out. You featured some of the product in the home page itself. So when the customer clicks on the product in the homepage, it takes them to the product page straight and they can add to cart or buy the product directly from there

Image optimization:

You should also make sure that you featured in all your product images, banner images the keywords related to your product. As the roll out of Google lens, more and more people are now performing Google search via image. Since their is not so much people using this, you can get an edge on this. It is possible your product images can get found in search with the help of the keywords just like how Pinterest does.

Use HD images:

Nobody wants blurry images. Make sure your banners images are well designed and are sharp as nice edge. Go through all your product catalog and make sure all the products have a good and non blurry images.

Meta tags optimization:

This is what search engine will see first when they first got to your store. Meta tags are designed to help search engine to easily understand what your store is all about and make the appropriate decision and rank it accordingly. Put the keywords that your customers are most likely to be searching for in there.

Heading optimization:

Your product title, Catalogs title should all be in the H1 html tag. Don't use CSS styles to style it to look like the tag, it can hurt your store in search.

Create Facebook and Instagram Shop for your store:

This is no argument in this. Facebook and Instagram combined has the most traffic and daily users and engagement. With the rollout of Facebook and Instagram shop, where the platform users can easily buy products inside the platforms without actually leaving the platform, you can leverage this.

Create a shop for your product and include a link to your product pages in there.

After you have done this, lists your product in the Facebook marketplace. I have so many testimonials from many e-commerce entrepreneur that they get their fist sale from the marketplaces. Billions of people visits the marketplace daily, so make sure your product is the fist thing they see.

Try to write some blog posts about your product.

After this, you can then think of running ads for your store, then you will see that you will find your dropshipping business much more easier.

If you wants to hire me for your store design and complete marketing, reach out to me via bm6099009@gmail.com

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

Hey @LucahillThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I've reviewed your store and here are few suggestions that you can work on:

- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage. 

AiTrillion_0-1626093394022.png

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Make all the products aligned to each other on the collection page. 

- Instagram feed is not loading on the homepage. You need to fix that. 

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors. 

Setup product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages. This will help in upselling.

- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

You need to make your store professional and increase customer engagement in your store. Work on the layout of your store and along with it make your store engaging and interactive to drive conversions. Reach customers in real-time and target them on the basis of their browsing behavior.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Gyana
Excursionist
5 2 0

Hey Hi,

Good Day !!

Your Website looks awesome and the products are very unique too. My small suggestions can improvise your Webpage, that will make your page look more Attractive and User friendly as well.

1. The search landing page is blank, you can add up some products on the search page. It gives some ideas for the customers to pick from
  2. I noticed that contact us information is missing, you can add up Email Address and Phone number to look more informative.
  3. LOGO looks bit small and not clear as well, you can enlarge it. Add up FAVICON. Favicon attract user attention and boost brand awareness. If users visit a website with a memorable Favicon a couple of times, they will then easily distinguish it from others in the future.
  4. I would recommend you to use some solid colors for you Webpage Footer so that it looks impressive.
  5. "You can try up Search and Filters on your store instead of default search. There are so many APP's available in Shopify. Just have a look on Sparq, which allows advanced custom Tag product filters for Collection Pages, Product Filters and Search, Synonyms, Spelling Correction and other added features as well.
  6. Make sure your social media pages open up at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website instead of getting diverted while looking at your social presence.
  7. Try to use some sharp images on your Home Page instead of Blurred Images and Instagram Feeds are not loading up properly, ending up with error, which needs to rectified.

Good Luck !! Hope my suggestions may help you in a better way.

Thanks
Gyana

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1003 138 329

Hey @Lucahill,

I hear you on your traffic concerns. I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

shopcahill-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

CHECKOUT
I would recommend working on your checkout setup. The checkout button is at the bottom when it should be up where you have "Update Cart". This is especially an issue on mobile because it isn't visible until you scroll. It's confusing for visitors because they will see Afterpay and Paypal and etc but those buttons are for purchasing so clicking them before a person has a chance to enter their address and check shipping rates is out of order.

shopcahill-02.png

PRODUCTS
As you know, clothing and jewelry can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a necklace or a top in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery. This is likely why you do well in pop-up shops but aren't getting sales online.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

Make sure to include a business card with every purchase that includes an incentive (such as a percentage off) for their next online purchase. This creates awareness that you have an online store and encourages people to purchase through your website.

Here is a video on how to create discount codes:

I see you are offering local delivery which is great!

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information. 

SEO
You have your products named things like “The Aliah Dress” or “The Tiffany Cardigan”, the issue with this is that anyone trying to find a product like yours in Google is not going to type “The Aliah Dress” or “The Tiffany Cardigan” into Google, they would likely search something like “flowy cheetah print dress” so it’s very important that when you are writing your product titles and description that you keep your SEO in mind so that you are showing up in search results. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

PRODUCT PAGES
For your product pages, I'd recommend more of a grid-style setup. You have a few larger images which makes them stand out and appear featured when I don't think it's intended. There is also lot of unused whitespace on either side. You can get more products in front of your visitors by implementing those two recommendations.

screencapture-shoplucahill-collections-jewelry-2021-07-12-10_56_45.png

SALES CHANNELS
I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels for your social media pages. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Facebook and Instagram.