Problem with Shopify Gift Card Variants

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I have a problem with Shopify Gift Cards Variants.
I have included $10, $25, $50 and $100 variants but it doesn’t show on the website.

Please let me know!
Thank You
Silvia
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 42 61

Hi @Sorate,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

Have you created these gift card products in the admin by going to Products > Gift cards? Or, did you manually create this as a regular product? The benefit of creating them under the Gift Card section of the admin is that this automates the process of fulfilling them. When a customer purchases a gift card product, they'll receive an email with their gift card code almost immediately following their purchase. You can learn more about creating gift card products here.

In terms of the variant options. Is this your only product that comes in variants? It may be possible that your theme's product template doesn't include a variant selector. Which theme are you currently using on your storefront? Have you made any custom code changes to your theme file?

I think it's great for you to offer your customers gift cards right now. This is definitely a scary and unprecedented time so the gift cards will allow you to free up some cash that may be tired into inventory right now. How have you found that the current crisis has affected your sales? If you haven't already had a chance, I'd highly recommend taking a look at our resources for adapting to this current economic climate.

Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this variant option problem once we know more about your theme. As always, let me know if you have any further questions as well.

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello - I have set up the Gift card in our store with 6 price variants. The problem I have is that the varients are not displaying on the front end of the website.  We have other products set up with varients and they all work fine. I have rechecked all the install guidelines and I cannot see where the problem lies. We are using the Out of the Sandbox Parallax - WH theme. I look forward to hearing from you.

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 9.09.49 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 9.16.48 am.png

0 Likes