Problem with Shopify Payments Credit Card Fees

Solved
internatmacshop
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi, so a customer recently purchased a product from our webstore using her Visa with Shopify Payments.

shopify query VISA payment percentage.png

However, we calculated the credit card rates and we came up with 3.42% instead of the 3.2% stated on the Shopify website:

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 2.13.50 PM.png

Does anyone know why this is the case? How come the credit card rates stated on Shopify is different from the one we calculated?

(Take note: we are currently using the Basic Shopify plan - USD$29 per month)

Hope someone can help us out, thank you!

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 17 20

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @internatmacshop!

This is Finley from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

I agree that based on the information you've provided, the online credit card rate for customers in Singapore doesn't look to be correct. However, it's hard to say for certain without having a look into all the details of the order.

We want to have a look into this however we'll need to access your account to know what's happening. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

If there's anything else you need assistance with, please feel free to let us know!

Have you had a look at our Shopify Compass yet? I love our webinars and courses that always have helpful information for growing your business. I recently watched this webinar which provides insightful and actionable feedback on how to design your store to increase sales.

I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
internatmacshop
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi Finley, thanks for the reply!

We actually realised that we did not include the extra 7% GST charged for all Shopify Payment transactions. So after we calculated everything, it does indeed tally up to the correct price.

Thank you so much for your help though!

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 17 20

Thank you for letting me know, @internatmacshop! I'm glad to hear this.

If you have any other questions that we can help with, please do reach out!

All the best,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes