Product page optimisation

jack95
Tourist
7 0 3

Hello everyone

We are trying to figure out how to maximise the effectiveness of our product page.

We feel that we could improve with the transparency of the prices. Although aesthetically it looks nice the way it is. Visitors cannot see a price until they select both options. Is this a weakness?

Does anyone think we could do the 'select size' and 'select frame' options better.

https://gilesnorman.com/collections/florence/products/abstract-7

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! 

Thanks

Jack

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hey there, @jack95!  

Kudos on wanting to improve your product pages. I commend you for wanting to make it easier for your visitors and creating a fantastic experience for them. 

First, the page itself:

• To answer your question, yes the pricing is a weakness. Could you set it to display a price for the 12x16” unframed version by default? Watch a few session recordings, which show you what happened during a visitor’s session, to see if there’s anything that stands out. Do they select an option and hover over a price? What do they do?
  • I would remove the framed product from the gallery. Since the drop-down doesn’t automatically adjust when the unframed or framed versions are selected AND the real-life example of the photo hanging on the wall is already in a frame, I would consider testing it. If not, use a heatmap, which shows where people click, to see how many people are going between the photos. 
  • Add a description! The description is lacking here. 
  • Make sure any mention of email or your email address is linked. There’s one under Shipping & Returns and another on your Shipping & Returns page. 
  • Speaking of shipping, I would run a poll asking visitors who engage with your product pages for more than 2-3 minutes without adding to their cart what stopped them from checking out today. I would include shipping pricing in it. If a visitor is willing to spend $700+, spending an additional €98 to ship (to the US) may be enough to push them over the line.
  • Are there care instructions? Is there anything visitors need to know once they get it home? 

Next, the site as a whole:

• For your announcement bar, make it stand out more and link out to your collections. 
  • Watch some session recordings to see how people move around your store. It may make more sense for you to build out the main navigation for your collections, or it may not. Think about how to make the customer experience better and easier than ever.

I really think when you look at what’s stopping your visitors, you’re going to find the best elements and details to improve. Using visitor behavior drives so many changes that result in more sales and happier customers. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2455 142 444

Hello @jack95, I hope you are doing well! Your store looks aesthetically appealing. Here is the feedback:

- Yes, in my opinion, the price should be displayed. That would be much better. 

- Also, you should work on the product descriptions:

• Make sure you specify every detail of the product.
  • Showcase its features and benefits.
  • Use numbering and bulleting to make it easily scannable.
  • Use keywords to optimize your descriptions.
  • Use power words that entice customers.

- You should make your store easy to navigate. Make your header more feasible. 

Add reviews. It helps in building trust with other visitors. Reviews are a very important tool for the eCommerce business. Send automatic review request emails and reminders to collect more reviews. 

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

- Add a referral program. A referral program can help optimize your sales cycle, help you produce quality leads, and take your marketing efforts up a notch. People are more like to make a purchase when a product is referred by any friend. You can boost your marketing ROI and drive conversions with referral marketing.

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

If you need help with setting up the features, let me know. I will be happy to help.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes