This is an accepted solution.
Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and I have a few suggestions.
My first recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. With your Boba plush for example, the name "Boba" is great but it's too broad for SEO. You have to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google ie. "Boba Plush" or "Boba Plushie". We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
My next recommendation is to add a "Home" button.
Instead of having two separate pages, I would combine "Collections" and "Shop Now". If the visitor ends up clicking on Shop Now, they may not realize they could filter the collections and find what they are looking for faster. I would suggest renaming "Collections" to "Shop Now", have the same dropdown options that you do now but also add "Shop All" or "View All".
My last suggestion is to add an estimated shipping time at the checkout. I know you have a seperate page for that and the time varies, however, not including this information could cause two negatives. 1. The visitor could abandon cart. 2. The visitor hasn't read the shipping time and assumes it would only be a week or two and is upset when their package hasn't arrived within that timeframe. You might think longer shipping times would turn people off - and maybe it will, but long-term, you want happy customers and it's better to just say up front, "hey, this could take up to 4-5 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is.
Overall, very cool store. We wish you all the best!
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution.
Wow thank you so much for the quick response!
Believe it or not, I had removed the HOME button for 5 minutes to fix something, you probably looked at the website exactly on that time haha it's added again.
I just added the delivery time, you're right about that. In all honesty I had forgotten to add it (facepalm)
This video you sent is just incredible, I'm following it and improving my SEO. It's being nightmarish due to the amount of products, but I guess some people are in more difficult situation than me regarding it.
Thank you so much!
Haha, that's funny about the Home button.
Really glad to hear you found the video and our feedback helpful.
Wish you all the best, take care!
Hello @PlushMe, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and your overall appearance of the store is good. Here are some inputs from my side:
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Make sure the pricing is set according to the audience you are targeting. If not, you might miss out on sales.
- Add these categories in the header menu.
Add these essential eCommerce marketing tools that will help you to engage the visitors coming to your store and will help you with conversions:
- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.
- Retarget customers with the help of push notifications. Send push notifications to customers even when they are not in your store.
- Add a discount popup to entice customers to sign up and make a purchase.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!