Raw Honest Feedback Needed

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi, I just celebrated 1 year of my online boutique grand opening. I have a had some great success and want honest opinions on what you think of the site. Please if you see any mistakes, annoyances or anything offending or just off-putting I need to know. 

Check it out here:  www.mycreolecouture.com. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 163

Hey, there!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Congratulations on your anniversary! Extra kudos to you for asking honest feedback after the store hits its anniversary. It takes courage to ask and it shows that you have the desire to want your store to grow. These are awesome traits to have as an entrepreneur. After going through your store page by page, here are some of my suggestions that can help you improve the store's user experience, which in turns can help you with the conversion rate.

1. Because of the sheer collections in your store, I encourage you to use third-party apps, such as Buddha Mega Menu and Globo Mega Menu, to help you create a different way to organize your main menu. At the moment, it's a little overwhelming to visit your store by main menu. At the same time, that's what most visitors rely on. It's similar to that of visiting a boutique with too many products. There's a great chance you ended up not buying anything because you got distracted and totally forgot what you were in the boutique for in the first place. From the selection of your products, it's easy to see you have a great taste in fashion. After one year in the business, from your past sales record, it may be time for you to curate your collections into a more focused niche. If you're doing exceptionally well in a few categories, perhaps grow these categories and cut some of the underperforming ones. This will not only help you organize your products easier (along with reducing the size of the main menu), but it'll also help you create a clearer niche group. With a clearer niche group, you can then create ad campaigns that work more efficiently.
  2. Your visitors come from the desktop/laptop as well as from the mobile device nowadays. Don't forget to check how your store looks on the mobile version. The promotional banner image you have is currently cropped because the section itself wasn't designed to be responsive.
    03_55-ieycs-gkhte
    A solution for this is to utilize the announcement bar that you have to inform your visitors about the promotion. Alternatively, you can simply insert the promote as a rich text section. Since the homepage is already full of images, when the promotion stands clean without any background can actually help it to stand out.
  3. For the collections listed just right underneath the promotion, the names have quite poor readability. Because your images are strong with fonts in white, it's hard to read some of the words. Keep in mind that your visitors can be anyone. There may be people with disabilities who won't be able to make out what these fabulous collections are. Another thing to note here is that one of your collection images stands out in the mobile version because its size is different from all others.
    03_15-s964h-fl6qv
    Remember, try to keep all the images consistent can make your store look more professional.
  4. At the footer menu with your social media buttons, they open in the current tab instead of the new tabs. The key here is we want to make sure the visitors can stay in your store while they check out your social media. The easier you make them stay in the store, the higher the chance they can convert to actual customers. Here's how you can make the external link open in a new tab.

Overall, you've built a solid store. It has great potential to go on to the next level. How are you doing with the ad campaigns? Have you been utilizing your email list to drive traffic yet? Once you've finished tweaking your store, it's time we take a look at how your marketing strategy is going. Perhaps looking into growing a stronger following in the social media can be a solid lead for this coming year. If you haven't done so, I encourage you to check out Shopify Academy. There're great free tutorials on various marketing strategies.

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0
Thank you so much Jason. I’m going to make those changes immediately. This was such great advice.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 163

Hi, there! 

No problem at all! I'm so glad you found my suggestions useful. Can't wait to see the adjustments! Feel free to reach back out in the thread if you want me to take another dive in your store or discuss how we can plan your coming marketing strategy. Wishing you great success!

Best,

Jason

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 0

Hey Jason do you mind checking out my store aswell? it is jupitersonestopshop.com I plan on launching tomorrow and I would love to get the opinion of an expert. Hopefully you get to this. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 163

Hey, @ajmp45!

Thank you for the shout out! Hopefully I'm not too late because you're going to launch soon. Sorry for the delay. I'll do my best to offer you feedback right here. Keep in mind that even though you're launched doesn't mean you can't continue to tweak your store as you go. Wishing you a fantastic launch!

Best,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0
Hi Jason,

thanks again for your expert advice. I have made the changes you suggested and also added reviews to products. Would you please re dive into the air and tell me what you think. Also I would love to work on marketing ideas with you, when you have time.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 163

Hey, @nannettegenesis!

What a stunning update! Just WOW! After going through your pages, I can see the effort you put in and you've completely blown me away. The mobile version is also really chic! Here're some of my suggestions that can help you drive the traffic and increase the conversion rate.

1. A drastic difference at the homepage. You've created a fantastic hero image that echos well with your brand. I challenge you to add more store related content to this page. After all, after you deliver a heavy punch right from the start, we want to continue the flow instead of stopping right there. The content I suggest you adding is the About Us section. I can see that you've included it on the main menu. Let's extract that from the menu, and deliver it to the visitors right from the start. I've created a mockup for you here to explain what I have in mind right here. Essentially, it can be accomplished by adding two more Image with text sections from your theme editor. One of them has the image aligned to the left and the next has the image aligned to the right. This helps your visitor know who you are right from the start while reducing one tab from the main menu.
  2. For the main menu, here's my suggestion. Let's move the Sale section to the back as it isn't our focus to promote the sale products. A boutique always strives to sell products at regular prices. 
    14_13-tpym0-85i29
    Because you already have a search icon on the top left-hand corner, we can remove the one on the main menu. I recommend you to release the tabs in Shop out so the visitors can get a general idea on what you have in store without needing to go through a drop-down tab. The Featured Collections remains on its own and the Couture Curves tab doesn't have to be out on the main menu. It can reside in the Featured Collections tab. This way, the menu's organized in a commonly used online boutique style.
  3. Watch out on the way you organized the information. This issue only occurs in some products. It's related to how your product variants are sorted in Shopify admin. Remember, the first one is the one that's going to appear first, followed by the second and so on. Here's an example:
    14_26-arx2n-kv62g
    The first one that comes up is the iPhone 7 Plus, which is a little odd because that's not the newest nor the oldest. The product description on this product also jumps around in sequence. Because you're doing so well putting your store together, we want to make sure that this attention to details trickles down to the product page, which is the prime real estate for converting your visitors into sales. I understand the sheer volume of your store, this may be quite daunting to go through. I recommend you to break this into sections (a few products, perhaps 10 products per section) and tackle them daily. Pay close attention to the new products that you're importing so you don't have to review them once they're in the store. 

Kudos on doing such a great job! Now let's move on to the digital marketing strategies. Have you checked out Shopify Academy yet? If not, don't forget to check it out when you have a moment. I'm curious about which strategies have you tried and how well did the campaigns serve your business? Did you experience any success or perhaps had some struggles? Feel free to let me know so I can offer more constructive suggestions. 

One marketing strategy often got overlooked at is email marketing. Have you tried it? If so, what have you tried? Do you have a welcome, thank you, or abandoned cart series set up in your store? Alternatively, what have you done with the emails you've been collecting? These're great questions to start our discussion!

I can't wait for your answers! Let's work together to grow the store and achieve your business goal!

Best,

Jason

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Tourist
5 1 0
Hi Jason,

Thanks again for all the vital feedback. I have removed the search from menu and moved sale as well. I also added the about us the homepage and removed curves. Please check it out when you get a chance.

I was a bit confused on a couple of things if you could clarify for me.

1. I recommend you to release the tabs in Shop out so the visitors can get a general idea on what you have in store without needing to go through a drop-down tab.

I added the mega menu because all the collection were cluttered. Are you advising to not have shop and just put collections out on menu?

2. “Watch out on the way you organized the information. This issue only occurs in some products. It's related to how your product variants are sorted in Shopify admin. Remember, the first one is the one that's going to appear first, followed by the second and so on. Here's an example:

The first one that comes up is the iPhone 7 Plus, which is a little odd because that's not the newest nor the oldest. The product description on this product also jumps around in sequence. “

I don’t understand what you were referring to as far as the iPhone cover showing first. And the product sequence. Could you clarify for me.

As far as marketing, I currently run Instagram, Facebook and google ads. I have Shopify set up for abandon cart. I use kit to send my email marketing. I have a newsletter sign up on the homepage. I had tried mail chimp in the past but had no luck. I get a lot of referrals and sales through Pinterest and amp project. Which I’m not sure what the amp project is but after adding a amp app my sales increased.

I wanted you to know after making the changes you suggested I have made three sales. So the proof is in the pudding as the say. You are awesome.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 163

Hey, @nannettegenesis!

No problem at all. It's truly my pleasure. Let's go over the questions together. 

1. Correct! If I remembered correctly, before in the original version, there were also collections such as Boho collections along with other collections all out in the main menu. Since you've done such a great job at consolidating them, the more common collections can now be out (referring back to the screenshot I provided). The reason behind this is that since we have your special featured collections together, letting the other more commonly shopped ones out will help the visitors navigate your store directly, without having the need to go through a drop-down menu. We only use the drop-down menu feature when there're truly too many tabs overflowing on the main bar. Let's release the tabs hidden in Shop tab as they are your more commonly shopped tabs. I'd move the Sale tab before the About Us drop-down menu.
    15_46-rfwj3-apfn6
    Here is what I was referring to on the About Us section for the homepage. You got the concept perfectly! Now let's move the content over. 
    15_49-uglle-pt2bf
    15_52-ihszb-cacf8
    15_52-z622y-3poyr
    Fantastic choices on the images! Now we can eliminate the About Us tab and rename this drop-down menu to something related to customer (the idea I had was Customer Support but feel free to name it something that you feel best suited for your store, along with the tabs hidden inside the menu).
  2. What I was referring to is the product selector along with the product description. 
    15_56-yyuv9-69qgd
    For instance, at point 1, if you check out an online boutique, the first one that's preselected on the page should be iPhone XS MAX, then iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X and so on. Typically it's listed from the newest from the oldest version. The logic here is that one would assume your customers own the newest version and if not, they can use the selector and select the one fits their model. At the moment, if you check this selector, it's showing in random sequence. This goes to your product description as well. You can either list them from the newest model to the oldest model or vice versa. This isn't a huge deal breaker but it shows how professional your store is. Feel free to let me know if you want more clarification.

Thank you so much for sharing your marketing strategies. You're running a few a the same time which is great. A tip for using Kit, if your store traffic hasn't hit 1000 per month, there's a limited effect because the app itself relies on generating look-alike audiences for you. If your traffic is lower than 1000 per month, there won't be enough data to generate accurate audiences for you. In other words, the target may turn into more random, and as we know if it's a little random, it's less effective. 

Since your store has such great images and you've demonstrated that you're a fashionista with a great eye. I recommend you to continue on with Pinterest and perhaps focus on Instagram. The two platforms are known for their visual appeals. You have enough images for you to push and lavish on. For Instagram specifically, here's a great tutorial on How to Grow Your Business with Instagram. Let's put a goal for you and see if we can grow your following to 500 by mid-April. The goal is we want to reach out to more audiences gaining a following and let your store speaks for itself.

I'm so happy you're seeing results. Like I've mentioned in the previous post, your store has updated so drastically - I'm really proud of you! Keep me posted on how your campaign goes. If it involves your store data, we can discuss it through email instead. I'm rooting for you!

Best,

Jason

1 Like