Read Before Posting - Guidelines

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
133 6 147

To ensure a positive, quality experience for everyone using this discussion board please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for request and providing feedback below. If you have any questions leave a reply!

Requesting Feedback

When submitting your feedback request post a few things you should consider are listed below:

• Use a descriptive subject such as ‘Looking for feedback on my new shop, ABC.123’
  • Did you include your store URL?
  • Is your store accessible? If not share a preview link!
  • Are you looking for feedback on a specific area or feature?
  • What have you changed recently? What are you hoping to change?
  • Follow up and engage with community members providing feedback!

You should also be mindful of how often you post on this discussion board. There is nothing wrong posting several times when you are getting started but try to address feedback you have been provided in the past before requesting more feedback. 

Providing Feedback

The first rule of providing feedback is just that, provide feedback!

Promotional/Contact Me replies that include extremely generic advice are against our Code of Conduct and will be removed.

For example, replies with generic bullet points such as ‘Improve your SEO, start advertising’ etc do not offer a lot of value so they may be removed as most consider these types of replies as spam. Posts that do not include feedback, only a link to another website to request feedback will be removed as well.

Instead of including promotional spots in your reply use your signature instead.

Reporting Feedback

The Shopify team will do our best to remove posts that do not offer a lot of value or those who post the same generic feedback. In the event we missed a post let us know by submitting an inappropriate content report. 

To do this click on the three dot icon shown in the top right corner of any post followed by Report Inappropriate Content at which point the community team will take action.

If you have any questions about using this discussion board please let me know!

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

6 Likes
1 0 0

I am so confused i need someone to look at my Shopify and see if i have done it properly.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
133 6 147

@suzie8 wrote:

I am so confused i need someone to look at my Shopify and see if i have done it properly.

Hi @suzie8

You'll want to submit a new post in this discussion board with details about your store. To do this click on the Start a Topic button, enter a descriptive subject/topic and a detailed body followed by Post.

Make sure you include your store URL and if there any specific areas you are looking to get feedback on :) 

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Tourist
11 0 0

Hello, thank you for this, I posted my request yesterday and for some reason there are no responses, and I see that others have several. Am I being impatient? Would you have other suggestions on how to post? I did a search for posts to my name and the search returned as 0.

Many thanks.

0 Likes