Read Before Posting - Guidelines

Community Manager
Community Manager
238 8 231

To ensure a positive, quality experience for everyone using this discussion board please familiarize yourself with the guidelines for request and providing feedback below. If you have any questions leave a reply!

Requesting Feedback

When submitting your feedback request post a few things you should consider are listed below:

• Use a descriptive subject such as ‘Looking for feedback on my new shop, ABC.123’
  • Did you include your store URL?
  • Is your store accessible? If not share a preview link!
  • Are you looking for feedback on a specific area or feature?
  • What have you changed recently? What are you hoping to change?
  • Follow up and engage with community members providing feedback!

You should also be mindful of how often you post on this discussion board. There is nothing wrong posting several times when you are getting started but try to address feedback you have been provided in the past before requesting more feedback. 

Providing Feedback

The first rule of providing feedback is just that, provide feedback!

Promotional/Contact Me replies that include extremely generic advice are against our Code of Conduct and will be removed.

For example, replies with generic bullet points such as ‘Improve your SEO, start advertising’ etc do not offer a lot of value so they may be removed as most consider these types of replies as spam. Posts that do not include feedback, only a link to another website to request feedback will be removed as well.

Instead of including promotional spots in your reply use your signature instead.

Reporting Feedback

The Shopify team will do our best to remove posts that do not offer a lot of value or those who post the same generic feedback. In the event we missed a post let us know by submitting an inappropriate content report. 

To do this click on the three dot icon shown in the top right corner of any post followed by Report Inappropriate Content at which point the community team will take action.

If you have any questions about using this discussion board please let me know!

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

18 Likes
1 0 0

I am so confused i need someone to look at my Shopify and see if i have done it properly.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
238 8 231

@suzie8 wrote:

I am so confused i need someone to look at my Shopify and see if i have done it properly.

Hi @suzie8

You'll want to submit a new post in this discussion board with details about your store. To do this click on the Start a Topic button, enter a descriptive subject/topic and a detailed body followed by Post.

Make sure you include your store URL and if there any specific areas you are looking to get feedback on :) 

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

4 Likes
Explorer
67 3 22

Thanks @TyW - appreciate you all setting such thoughtful guidelines for this forum.  We've seen a bunch of great threads in here!

Want to make your store sell? Try Entaice: Explore
1 Like
3 0 0

All this is new to me Ty so please bear with me ,this is my second week end to Shopify an I have found myself in a total nightmare an really need a expert to show me tell me what I did wrong how I can fix these obstacles I've put in my way .I had knee surgery Monday an have been recovering .Five weeks prior to this I have been in a lot of pain taking medication just to get to surgery ,Now that I am in therapy I have 8to 12 weeks before I go back to work ,I was hoping to open my store before I go back an hopefully make change in my life an hopefully soon make Shopify my new job ,I found out that this is very complicated for a 57yr old auto body tech .Yes I do use a computer at work but not at the degree that Shopify needs me to be at ,but I figured with a coach mentor expert I can get there sooner than later ,I have ask for help probably from the wrong people or maybe its part of the game IDK but I would like to take another shot at opening my store closing the other 2 stores I accidentally opened an understand what it takes to be successful with Shopify , I have lost a lot of faith in myself because of this entire voyage ,so I want to redeem myself get this expert an get my store going even though I have no clue what I am going to sell .This drop shipping thing looks awesome until I can figure out what Shopify is all about, with all this said do you think there is a expert who can help my store an me  if so please email me mosesflores@yahoo.com

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 0
Hello,

I went through a similar experience as you did, the learning curve is not the easiest to grasp but it’s doable as you get familiar with the interface.

My response is about the sentence where you say "I have no clue what I am going to sell”, believe me, this is key, unless you have faith on what you are selling, and believe this will help someone that buys it, it is going to be very challenging to materialize anything out of your store.

My two cents.

Germán.
0 Likes
3 0 0
Are ya kidding me .All I have. ask from Shopify is help on telling or showing me if the way I open my store is correct ,I have no frickin idea if what I have done is correct or not an your asking me about a response I made about I have no clue what I am going to sell.Well Mister My two cents if your gonna be on the band wagon that badgers customers that have never ever in my life tried an on line gig like this desperation than stop ,when I went into this Shopify business they said we got people who can help you that can guide you an that is so far from the truth ,ive ask time after time for help ,an nothing but I see that Shopify sure gets my monthly charge an I don’t even have a frickin store up an running
Am I pissed sure I am an then I have this bozo name Devin who ask why I stop payment ,are ya kidding me ,do you people at Shopify understand what kind of position I am in .I sign up because of this guy an said drop-shipping is a great way to make money an that he’s gonna charge me 68.00 dollars a month ,Doesn’t this fool know I don’t even have a store running in the last three months since I sign up,didnt you Mister two cents know that my store is not up an running ,please don’t write me bout your comments about your similar experience help me help me help me don’t criticize me an if you don’t have anything good to say than please don’t say nothing
0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 2

So Bigmoe, if YOU dont know what to sell, nobody will tell you. Dropshipping is a fast paced business, and it is about two things.

First: a good, cheap product, that actually has a demand and still is not too well known or to often sold by others.

Second: knowing how to advertise and where to find your target audience. 

I am sorry that some guy told you he will help you earn money for a mere 68$, but believe me when i tell you you have been lucky.

Why should anyone tell you for a small fee like that, which product will be the thing and how to sell it by advertising?

Here is what you can do. Look at some youtubers like biaheza, but take everything they say with a grain of salt. 

Second, get yourself an instagram acount and start monitoring the video ads there, and not only on facebook. find something interesting and look it up on aliexpress. you will see that things like this https://amzn.to/367xsvZ will cost 10-15$, but you can buy it in china for 1,99. Now imagine that every sale has cost you 4-6 dollars in advertising. That will be cheaper if you know how to do it, but it might be even more if you have to pay someone to build your ads and ad strategy. You now pocket 2-9$ of every sale. 

But before you earn any money, you will spend hundreds of dollars on ads, because most likely you will not get it right the first time.

Every coach, that tells you he is really good ad facebook ads for dropshipping, lies. If he´s that good, he can find a product and sell it. Why tell someone alse his strategies?

I wish you luck for your future, and i hope you land soft before it get´s too expensive.

2 Likes
Tourist
12 0 0
Hello Bigmoe,

You are right, I did not go far enough.

Bild-Ahoi just posted some really good information, I do not have that much experience. One thing I would add, do you know you can “park” your store while you set it up for a minimal amount? I believe under $10? They take it off line until you are ready. Ask the Shopify people, then, when you are ready to open, you upgrade it.

Good luck.
0 Likes