Really could with Feedback on my Gift Store high bounce rate and Low conversion

1 0 0

Hi Guys new to this, please be gentle😉

I would really appreciate feedback on my shopify store www.horizonbrite.com which regularly gets good traffic but has a high bounce rate 90% plus and very low conversion. Is there anything obvious that i could address to turn my store around??

TIA 

DKD27   

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 27 26

Hi @DKD27 ,

Dani here from Shopify!

Thanks for writing in and congratulations on launching your store! That's awesome that you're already seeing high traffic, it sounds like we can work a little bit on targeting the right customers though. How are you currently marketing your store, and what demographics are you targeting? I'd highly recommend taking a look at our free Advanced Facebook Ads course. I personally found it super humbling and I learned a ton from this course about specifying my target audience.

Targeting the right audience will really be the key factor for you, but there are a few things we can work on for the actual website as well.

I always notice a website's photography before I notice anything else. I love the images you've used in your slideshow section! I'm wondering, do you have any samples of the products your selling? Being able to take your own product photos so that you have a cohesive brand aesthetic throughout your site will go a long way. I'd recommend taking a look at our free Product Photography course to learn how to take professional looking photos for very little investment.

The second piece of the puzzle that I always look for is an About Us page. I love to hear a brand's story and the why behind their business. Customers are choosing to spend their dollars purchasing products from small businesses rather than large corporations. We're seeing this trend as customers get to know the businesses behind their products, and how they relate to them on a personal level. I'd love to see an About Us page on your website that tells your customers who you are, and what inspires you.

Do you currently have an Instagram for your business? If you do, I'd add that to your social media icons in the footer. I see Instagram being a large proponent when it comes to driving traffic for your website.

One exercise that I love to do is to sit down and draft up your ideal customer. Don't be afraid to get specific here. What do they like to do for fun? Are they a morning person, or a night owl? What is their favourite food. When you write the copy for your store - the About Us, an FAQ page, product descriptions - write as though you are speaking directly to this ideal customer. This helps to define your brand's voice and speak directly to your customers.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Astronaut
749 46 171

Hey Horizon Brite,
After having a look at the store, I conclude that it is quite amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for e-commerce.

2. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Please add some blogs for better clarity.

5. Add some more social links for better clarity.

6. Also, You have ample of products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

7. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

8. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.

Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Trailblazer
220 17 63

Hi there,

Overall your store is very neat and clean.

Now it is time to interact with your customers. Because probably they don't know what to do when they go to your website. You might ask to leave their emails or sign up in exchange for a discount or other incentives. Once you get them in your store, you can start introducing your loyalty program to them in order to keep them for a longer period of time on your site. It will increase repeat purchases as well

As for the product page, good that you are showing social proof from users and using reviews to let users rate your items. But I found some repeating reviews on this product page: https://horizonbrite.com/collections/sports-essentials/products/led-armband-safety-for-cycling-runni... I mean when I see this, it instantly turns me off to go further, since I have a feeling that reviews are fake. I mean if the wording could be rearranged to bring some meaning, that would work much better with a "verified buyer" tag (or something similar)

Provide users the ability to upload photos of the purchased product within reviews, so it showcases the real proof.

Screenshot_29.png

The header and logo take up a lot of space on mobile view, is there any way to make the free space smaller?

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
435 19 51

The home page should be visually pleasing and must attract appropriate and potential visitors to your site. In order to capture the immense attention of your visitors, try to add some of these following points in your homepage-
Slideshow Image
Collection List
Something Interesting ( maybe little about your story with a link to about page )
Newsletter Sign Up
Popular Products ( 4-8 Max )
You can add a slider of images and add featured products to it. Also, you can add video for top-selling products to make it more creative and interactive.

The purpose of a website footer is to help visitors by adding information and navigation options at the bottom of web pages. It must have quick links to social media, contact us & about us page, privacy policies, return policies, login, site map, navigation menu, etc. Reduce the size of the footer.

The main reason behind getting lots of visitors but low sales is lack of engagement in your store. You need to embellish your store by adding some bells and whistles to it.  Here are some basic suggestions that can help you-

• Why don't you try using Exit-intent pop-up?- A good exit-intent pop-up helps to reduce the retention rate and Abandon carts.
  • Use an adequate amount of blank spaceLeaving a lot of blank space leads to unprofessionalism.
  • Make use of pop-ups to greet your customers. I would personally recommend you to go for a 45-sec-pop-up at the entry. Conversion rates for pop-ups are high and the most surprising discovery is that the pop up doesn't increase bounce rate at all. This is ample time for your audience to get hooked by your content, whilst also being quick enough to catch skimmers before they leave.
  •  I would recommend you to add a review button on your homepage so that every new visitor can get a glance.

Create an engaging and interactive website- Engaged and loyal customers, can lead to an increase and repeat sales and also eventually lower down your cost of acquisition.

• As you already use push notifications, which allows you to send push notifications in real-time to the user's browser. Engage customers will lead to an increase in repeat customers. To get more push subscribers you can give loyalty points on each time your customers click on allow opt-in. This will help you with email marketing.
  • Chatbots in your business is that they save time. For instance, when used on your website they can provide fast, automated answers to most questions. This will engage your customers and prevent customers from waiting for a day or longer to receive responses as they would have in the past.

Honestly, the products that you have in your store are great. With a pinch of engagement, your sales can skyrocket. I have some other "must-have" suggestions for your store. Before that, I need to know what are your engagement strategies for new visitor engagement. I mean how do you convert your new visitor to a customer? Give a try to Aitrillion, it will help in engaging the customers and will reduce your bounce rate.

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes