Receiving a lot of traffic but no sales

Savarabeauty
2 0 1

Hello, 

I just recently launched my business on Shopify on Jan 22. I received 6 orders, but I have a lot of visitors coming to my website. I have people clicking on items, but not purchasing them. I tried going through my website as a customer, but it’s pretty hard trying to find small issues. I don’t want to drive off my customers for something that I can’t see personally. I need help! Website is savarabeauty.com 

Arunesh
Explorer
74 6 28

Hey @Savarabeauty 

Hope you are doing well.

I went through your store and found some shortcomings. I'm going to list them point by point below and would recommend you to give them a thought at the earliest.

1. Your website has been designed well for larger devices (Desktops, Laptops, etc) but isn't viewed properly when opened in a comparatively smaller device e.g. mobile phones. 
  2. Given your niche, I can tell you this... The majority of visitors to your website use mobile phones and your website's user experience for mobile phones isn't that great.
  3. Your brand logo is taking too much space leaving too much white area. So when someone lands at your homepage, the first thing they notice is the large logo repeated twice.
  4. When you open the mobile site, the snowfall is all over the screen, making it a bit congested. I'd suggest you remove that or lighten the intensity.
  5. For mobile sites, it's only the literature that comes up. And the real product is nowhere to be found.
  6. TOO MUCH LITERATURE on the home page. The long paragraphs on the landing page don't look good. You need to skim them and find an apt place for them.

Your love for the niche is clearly visible and I appreciate your benign initiative but your website needs some modifications. It has the potential to go viral and draw handsome revenues. But your website needs some touch-ups.

We at Descrii, help startups like yours in their early stage and help them grow.

We generate Compelling Product Descriptions, generate Facebook Ad Copies, generate Google Search Ads, generate Instagram Captions, Brainstorm Growth Ideas. 

You get all these in one single place saving you a lot of valuable time. The time which you can invest in expanding your business. We will be more than happy to help you out with your queries. Kindly contact us if you need further assistance.

Well wishes!

Arunesh Kumar

Marketing Officer, Descrii 

Visit Our Website-  https://descrii.tech/

Find us on Shopify store-  https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions

Contact-  hello@descrii.tech

Descrii Description Generator
Regards and Well Wishes!
Kindly leave a Like if it helped you in any way.
0 Likes

Hey @Savarabeauty,

Congratulations on launching your brand and the order's you've received so far!

I've taken a look through your store and I have a few recommendations.

On your homepage, we have your logo and then a larger size of your logo. This area is prime real estate for selling your products. At first glace, it is not obvious as to what you sell. You only have a few seconds to grab your visitors attention so I'd recommend swapping that second rectangle version of your logo for a high-quality image of either your product or a model wearing one of your products.

I find the pink on pink with the white lines/text a little hard on the eyes. You can definitely have these be your brand colors, I'd just tweak it a little so that they are being used to their full potential. For example, the darker pink bar is going to pop better if you have a white background instead of the light pink. The white text against the darker pink bar would pop better if it was more of a dark grey/black (like you have for your search/bag icon).

savara-home.png

I'd recommend taking product images that zoom in closer to the image. You can use your current photos and swatch photos under additional product images but products with an up closer view tend to draw the eye better than something further out.

I'd bring your currency converter up to where it can be easily seen. I think it will get missed in it's current spot, especially on mobile. Perhaps move your store policies down the the footer and move your currency converter to it's place.

screencapture-savarabeauty-collections-all-2021-01-25-10_06_08.png

On your checkout, the apartment, suite field is set as required. I would change this as it wont apply to everyone.

apartment-req.png

I am in Canada, here is what shipping options I have available:

savara-shipping.png

This is something I'd recommend looking into lowering. Your products are very reasonably priced but the shipping is more than I think most would be willing to spend. You could increase the product price for Canadian customers so that you can decrease the shipping costs.

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. With your lipglosses, you have names like "Hypnosis" and "Goddess" which are great names, but not for SEO. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google ie. Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Clear Lipgloss and etc. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

Again, big congratulations, we wish you all the best!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hey there, @Savarabeauty

First of all, welcome to Shopify! Congrats on the launch of your store. However, I know it’s frustrating when you get traffic but no sales. Let’s see what we can do. 

Before we dive in, I have a suggestion for you - make shipping free. I’m checking your Shipping Policy page, and you don’t have much information here. Since you do have people who engage but not checking out, consider:

• Run a poll question asking what stopped them from checking out. Have this poll launch only after someone engages with your products.
  • Use an auto invite for chat. This lets you set up criteria (i.e., spends 45 seconds on a product page without adding to the cart) and trigger a chat once that criteria is met. It lets you be proactive rather than reactive to potential questions. 

Homepage

• Link your announcement bar. Make sure the text is in black so that it’s easier to see. At this point in COVID, I would remove shipping delays and move that statement to your shipping policy. Instead, I would promote a deal or shipping offer.
  • The snow effect is too much. Some of your visitors may be in places where it’s not snowing, and it may be taking away from the experience. 
  • I see you like pink. That’s fine, but it’s hard to see. The white on pink makes it really difficult to make out. For your logo, the “Beauty” portion can’t be seen easily. 
  • Header: I would shrink your logo (after making it easier to read) and moving it toe left. That will allow you to move your main navigation up. 
  • Hero image: I don’t know if I can call it that. I wouldn’t use your logo again. It almost looks like a mistake. Instead, I would put in here an engaging photo of your product in use with a strong CTA. 
  • In general: This is where your visitor behavior can drive a lot of change. Use a heatmap, which shows you where people click or scroll, to see how visitors are engaging with your site. How far do they scroll? Where do they click to see your products? 
  • Our Founder: You’re going to find that your order is off. The “Our Founder” feature is fantastic, but it’s taking up prime real estate on your page. People aren’t going to make the decision to buy because of it. Move it to the footer or near the bottom of the page. Remember that people don’t know what you’re selling yet! You have to do more to get them to WANT your product. 
  • Unless people are using your homepage to buy your products, remove it. It makes the homepage even longer. Again, that scroll heatmap will help you see where your visitors stop scrolling and what they’re missing.

Footer

• You need to build this out! Don’t leave your policies in your main navigation. Those aren’t necessary on the main navigation, but they are necessary in the footer. 
  • Add contact information
  • Add value to your newsletter form. Why would someone want to get your newsletter? Do they get makeup tips? What? 

Main Navigation

• Watch session recordings to see how people move around your store. How do they use your main navigation? Where do they go? 
  • Click heatmaps are also helpful here. Are there options that can be moved? For example, About Us and your Store Policies can likely be kept in the footer. If you get a lot of mobile traffic, consider keeping the Contact Us page in the main navigation. Sometimes it is clicked more often from mobile.
  • I would include an FAQ page (i.e., ingredients, commonly asked questions) and maybe a page of your video tutorials featuring the products. 

Product Page

• Don’t leave shipping costs to the checkout. If shipping is $10 but free at $15, they may be more likely to buy another one.
  • Can you make it possible to switch between the different product versions from a product page? You include a swatch, but there’s no way to switch between them. 
  • Your description is great, but it’s so hard to read. I would use that font to highlight things but not for things like this. Instead, use a sans font that is easier to read. 
  • Be consistent. For your Hypnosis Clear Gloss, you sometimes capitalize it and something not. 
  • When you’re breaking down the ingredients, it may be helpful to point out why they are in there and how they help. 
  • Watch session recordings of visitors who spent time on your product pages. What did they do? Did they hover over or highlight anything? 

It may sound like a lot, but you’re mostly there. Right now it’s hammering out the details and figuring out what’s stopping people from checking out. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2455 142 444

Hello @Savarabeauty, I hope you are doing well! here are few suggestions that you can work on:

- Add a call to action button on the slider images. 

- To convert visitors into customers make your store engaging & entice customers by giving loyalty points. Start giving loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

- Make sure you are using email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action.

- Add web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Savarabeauty
2 0 1

Thank you for all of the support and help. I really needed it. I'm taking in all of the good feedback and implementing them into my website. 

Thank you

0 Likes