Recently launched, need a review on my Store

Aimon
Tourist
8 0 2
Hello everyone, it's great to find a community like this that encourages growth.

My store https://myndztech.com , a store that sells trending tech gadgets and accessories was launched last month. Me and my team are all passionate about technology and entrepreneurship this gave birth to this store. We've been working to see how to better market our products, but it seems we are not getting something right. We've tried Facebook, Instagram and Google adverts getting us reasonable traffic with some visitors even adding to cart but still no sales 😣☹️. It's getting frustrating and our money is just going on ads, i don't want my team to give up on this because we've invested so much time and effort. We've read so many reviews on conversions and we've tried most of them still no results. I am requesting for your candid opinion on our store how to convert this traffic to sales. Thanks as you respond!
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hi @Aimon

Great questions here. It’s a common issue - you get traffic and are spending a lot of money on campaigns, but the conversions aren’t there. Let’s see what we can do.

First impression: Use dynamic heatmaps to see where people are clicking on your newsletter pop-up. My assumption is that most are closing it immediately. Your visitors don’t even know if they want to buy from you yet! I like that you’re adding an incentive to sign up (50% off all of your orders is quite a hook), but I would show it once someone adds a product to their cart or is a return visitor. 

Homepage

• Let’s start at the top with the banner. It’s unlinked, so you’re missing a huge opportunity here to convert people. 
  • Your homepage is really busy up top.  I like that you have the interactive icons on the side-bar, but it’s not obvious enough. Visitors typically look for a main navigation bar on top rather than icons on the side. I would move those collections to your nav bar. 
  • It needs something - a hero image with a CTA or something similar. Use heatmaps to see what people are clicking on. How are visitors using your homepage? Diving right into your products may not be the best strategy, but it’s worth testing.
  • In general, use session recordings (which acts like a DVR for your website) to see how people actually use your homepage. See what your visitors are engaging with, and evaluate as you go.
  • Revise the text under High quality product. I don’t think “To beat your competition, make good quality your mission.” is what you intended! 
  • I would take away the “About the store” section of your footer. It’s not going to convince your visitors that THIS is the store to shop at! 

Footer

• About us: Tell more about your story! Visitors want to learn more about YOU, not just why they should shop with you. 
  • Contact Us: There’s some extra code under your header. Instead of saying that you only hire seasoned, professional technicians, invite them to send in their questions! Take out the map as well. For your contact form, I like the simplicity of it. I would highly suggest taking out your phone number - it’s a common field that scares away your visitors. 

Navigation/Product Pages
My biggest complaint right now is that your store is hard to navigate. The only option from the main navigation is to Shop. This is the full list of your products with no way to filter by collection, price, product, etc. It’s very difficult to browse for a product. 

I’ve found through many (many) heatmap analysis of Shopify stores that visitors, in general, don’t scroll through your pages to browse. Use session recordings to watch people navigating across your store for some great insight into what your visitors are doing.

Moving on to product pages…

For reference, I’m on the Bugs Bunny Soft Back Cover Cartoon Transparent Case for iPhone First, let me tell you what I like. It’s a fairly clean layout and is clear about when I would expect to receive it. That being said, there are a few issues here:

• Your color/photo links are off, or the colors need to be updated. I wouldn’t have considered this to be yellow.  I get that it's talking about the inside square, but I wouldn't immediately think that it's YELLOW.
    Myndztech.png

• Take out either the real-time visitor count or the product-specific view count. Both seem like overkill. These are great aspects to have, but don’t let it take away from the sale too much. 
  • Link your “24/7 support” and “Free Worldwide Shipping”
  • Your credit card images are huge! I would minimize them.
  • Rethink your “More from this collection” cross-selling. Since it’s from your All Products collection, it’s not going to be distinct to the product. Consider better ways to utilize this feature.

Lastly, don’t forget to ask people directly. Run a poll asking something like, “Is there anything that stopped you from checking out today?” You may get some answers you didn’t expect.

In general, you are on the way there! Don’t give up hope yet. I can’t stress enough the importance of using tools like session recordings and heatmaps to see your store through your visitors’ eyes. 

You can segment down your heatmaps by source, UTM parameters and campaign to really understand which of your campaigns perform better and which ones result in traffic that are primed to convert. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers -
Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Myndz Tech,

Following points can help improve your store conversion rate to some extent:

• A "header menu" is a complete package of all store elements.So,you should include the collections like (fashion,electronics) as well in the main header menu which contains home,shop etc.
  • "About Us" should include some store description apart from trust badges.
  • The "blog" section is empty.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
397 33 125

Hello @Aimon,

Congratulations on your store. I've taken a look at your store. Its looking great! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Blog page doesn't have any content.

2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

3. Add more specific product title in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title unique and more specific.

4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

5. Social media links in the footer are not redirecting to respective social media accounts. 

6. Add more payment options other than PayPal which will be convenient for the customer to purchase products.

7. Add a section for email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.

8. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time.. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @Aimon 

From the very first second, I could tell that you are investing in your site, the small details, the colors, design, layouts are all very thoroughly thought. And let me tell you with the approach you have you will definitely achieve your goals. I recommend investing in a slightly different direction. 

To be honest, even though the site looks professional, it also has a feeling on unfinishedness. The first thing you want your customers to know is that you are up and ready to give them what they want. That is why it is better to move the section here down a little bit and place a hero banner instead. 

Screenshot (14).png

If you put a hero banner with a little slogan and an image that resonates with your brand, you will get a totally different first impression. 

Besides, the categories that you have here 

Screenshot (16).png

seem broken. When I click on any of them I get this random cropped images 

Screenshot (15).png

I honestly would not purchase anything from a site that is broken, it is not trustworthy. 

The theme itself is very appropriate for tech gadgets, only if you fix the glitches. 

Other than that I recommend improving the functionality of the site. 

You can do that by adding Reviews, Wishlist, Instagram galleries, Referral programs and also by giving discount for completing certain actions on your site. This all will help you stand out among all other sites that resell things from AliExpress or Amazon. 

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
Zabu
Shopify Partner
67 2 13

Hello @Aimon 

hey, I visited your store, congrats on your store, i really like the product displayed on your store, its got a really good collection, I do understand your concern about your sales, i do want to help you from a visual appeal of your page as I'm from a design profession, as its a gadgets related website, I feel you need to add a good UI for the customers to see, you find them adding things to the cart but no sales for a reason, people tend to buy tech from trusted websites, so that's the point that needs to be nailed if you present a site with good UI that is clean and minimal so that it looks more professional. I can suggest some UI tips which I feel can better your website and increase the visual appeal.

1. landing page - don't make it crowded with products, have a good picture like a carousel of offers and big product displays 
2. make a good flow of category pages so that its easier to navigate and find a product 
3. make a good search engine for your products - easier to find again 
4. make a good product catalog page without clutter so that it's very clean and professional 
5. always have good resolution pictures and product description page should be well detailed 
6. make sure the checkout and shipping happens smoothly  
7. Product labels help in sales for products on the catalog page - ill leave link of an app that can help you with that 

Stay Safe 
Zabu

https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic?utm_source=shopify_community&utm_medium=store_feedback&utm_campai...

Increasing Sales one Sticker at a time
https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic
Aimon
Tourist
8 0 2

Thank you so much for this Review. We've paused the store already to effect some of these changes. We really appreciate. Do you mind checking it when corrected?

0 Likes
Aimon
Tourist
8 0 2

That's great insight, regards the blog we're trying to create contents that'll be published at least once a week. Thanks for your review. 

0 Likes
Aimon
Tourist
8 0 2

Thank you so much for your review, we've paused the store and effecting some of these changes. 

Regards the payments we have card payments but maybe we would have to make it more clearer on the check out page. It's actually PayPal or Card payment. Thank you once again. Do you mind checking it out after the improvements?

0 Likes
Aimon
Tourist
8 0 2

Definitely this would help alot, thank you for the review and compliments it's great to know we are in the right direction. We'll effect these changes and if you don't mind checking it after improving we'll be grateful. 

0 Likes