Redesiging

NamiAesthetics
4 0 0

Hi everyone!

I am having a lot of diffulity with how my store looks right now, it seems very sloppy and unprofessional to me. I would like some feedback on how to make the website more clean and presentable before I go ahead and spend money on ads. I want to reatke my product photos, but I dont know if I should keep a plain white background or to give it some color.

I have little to no knowlegde on Shopify, so if you could please give simple feedback for now so I could follow along. 

Also do you reccomened any experts that would be able to walk me through this setup (prefrebly at little to no cost).

http://www.namiaesthetics.com

0 Likes
ConveyLego0612
Shopify Partner
471 46 157

Hi @NamiAesthetics,

Have seen your store and have some suggestions to help you improve: 

- The featured collection section should not be placed in the first section on your homepage. 

- Try to add Quickview buttons on your product photos. 

- The background on the photos looks weird. What is this? The color isn't fittable in my opinion. 

- I think you have to add the gift card photos. It has to look like a gift card, not your brand logo

ConveyLego0612_0-1599787497078.png

- You have to add the "Add to cart" button on this part. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1599787611450.png

- Instead of the gallery have only 3 images. Try to create a better one.

I see your Instagram account and it would be great if you can create an Instagram gallery. Try to check out this app: Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It's free and very user-friendly. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1599787755358.png

- I think you have to have more real-life product photos. Your customers would love to see that. 

- Customers need more information about your products like materials, size charts, etc.

ConveyLego0612_3-1599788244561.png

- When you store will be launched in the future, try to have some discount events and referral events. This will increase your sales faster. 

If you want to choose mix colors better, check this link: https://color.adobe.com/create/color-wheel

Hope you prepare perfectly and launch your store successfully!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
TungDao
Navigator
252 10 33

Hi @NamiAesthetics,

A CTA means "call to action". When a visitor comes to your store, you want to direct them to do something that leads them down the marketing funnel: could be subscribing to an email list, trying your software, or visit your products in your case. Your homepage is your chance to make a good first impression with customers, which means you need to be able to convey what your brand is all about in 2 seconds. Usually, people do this by having a good banner.

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about. Professional image to make a good first impression, short and clear message to convey the brand, and a call to action.

Hope it helps.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes

Dear @NamiAesthetics 

Congratulations for your store!

Hope following suggestions will help you

• Improve your logo
  • Have a clear header bar to help users locate the products they're looking for. Example of Good Header
  • Open social profile at new tab and use icon
  • Add Custom Slider(Hero banners) with Call to Action
  • Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust - Make your store well-organized, neat and visually appealing and add to the user experience.
  • Add Trust Badge
  • Highlight your USP
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button , Sticky cart - A sticky cart icon or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer in your store.
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Add Product filter for easy navigation - Categorize & filter products by their size, colour or type so users find product to product navigation easy.Example of Ideal Product Page
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.

Need any help? Please contact us 

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here  

Congrats on a new business venture! The homepage indeed feels unfinished - it feels like it starts in the middle and missing the op part - a hero image, video, or a slideshow. I recommend adding one of these with a full-width image showing one of your products, short tagline, CTA [call to action], and linking to a relevant collection or a product page. This will be much better for your conversion and for user experience. At the moment, it feels like you ask for a purchase as soon as someone lands on the website, and you should introduct your products first, explain what makes you different, and why people should buy from you. This will be a much better approach, and will help you engage with your visitors.

Also, some of the collections have only one item, which is sold out/coming soon [which is it then]:

Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 11.44.55.png

Having your visitors click on the collections to find only one item, which is not available anyway, is considered bad user experience and can negatively affect sales. I recommend merging the smaller collections together and then splitting them after you have more items to put in each one. You can list face masks under more general "Fashion Accessories" and people will still be able to find them by using a search function on your website.

Consider adding more trust signals, such as: About us page, Contact us page and Shipping policy. This alone can help you improve your conversion rate - people like to have this info clearly displayed and accessible on the website, before committing to buy.

The Instagram icon in the footer is not working, so make sure to hyperlink it [and open it in a new tab]:

Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 11.49.23.png

Your product page is also not optimized to convert. The Add o Cart button [the most important for sales] is almost invisible on the page, and your product descriptions are also too short:

Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 11.51.23.png

Dynamic checkout button is proven to affect sales, so I recommend removing it. You can do it easily within your theme.

Product descriptions - consider adding longer description to each item to help people visualize using it. Apply “storytelling” technique when writing descriptions. It means painting a picture visually helping people imagine themselves wearing your sweater or a dress, styling it with their chinos or platform boots. It will help you boost your sales even further. People don’t buy items based on the facts, they buy items based on emotions. See how bestselling shops do it successfully: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/storytelling-in-product-descriptions/

Your SEO score is 49/100

Make sure to define your meta title and meta description [Google snippet] better. The current values you have are below:

Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 11.54.18.png

Meta titles and meta description are not defined, meaning you don't have control over what people see in Google. Here's how your listing currently looks in Google SERP:

Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 11.56.53.png

As you can see, it feels unfinished, and doesn't prompt people to click it. You need to stand out among your competitors with longer and more appealing listing, otherwise you'll be losing a ton of free traffic from Google, as well as sales every day. 

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes