I've had a store site since October of 2019. It's been a learning process the whole way. I've managed to get 8 to 9 sales but that's it. I've listened to podcasts, read articles, and watched an infinite amount of videos trying to figure out my problem. I'm running facebook ad of course and can manage 200 to 300 views per day but the bounce rate is incredibly high. Almost all of my views are just one page for about a minute and then they're gone. I'm not getting any add to cart or checkouts either anymore. Something seems off but I can't figure it out. I just spent the entire weekend building a new site with a different theme but today has been much the same as always. Visitors but none following through.
My site is www.bigbearshirts.com if anyone could give me some feedback I'd very much appreciate it. I've been through the forums and I know that every store can have different problems so I've finally decided to ask for help. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!
I just had look into your website, Looks good.
-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> You can add more than one gallery images under product page.
-> Increase your niche.
Hey Big Bear Shirts,
"Receiving site traffic, but, no sales is a very common scenario". The major reason being"improper site layout". Keep the below-listed points in mind to improve the same:
All the best!
I hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. You really have a neat and well-maintained store.
After taking a look at your website, I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks.
1. Bigger images in your catalog view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
2. Ensure every image has other 3-4 images with different angles which will help the customer to get a detailed view of your gallery with this you can also add a product zoom in to fill the browser window.
3. Engaging the audience by writing blogs with better titles and promoting them on various social media platforms will be helpful.
4. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
5. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster. ( Attaching one your image as a reference)
I hope this helps!
When the bounce rate is high, the solution to the problem is heat maps. There are some you can get in Shopify app market, and they will tell you the behavior of the customer and what is the page where people stay the most and from where they leave the site. With that information you will know exactly what you need to work on.
Also, it is amazing that you are education yourself and researching for ways to improve, but sometime a little tiny detail can f up the whole sales rate :(
So here are some things you could do to help reduce the bounce rate:
1) Add an opportunity to choose the colors of the T-shirts
2) If possible, add more prints, maybe related to tv shows that are trendy at the moment etc.
3) Add more items with the prints you already have.
The 3 above features will help you attract more sales, since the bigger the variety the higher the chances to get someone interested.
4) Add a sizing chart
5) Add an order tracking tool
6) Display your existing reviews in a nice slider on the homepage
7)Fix the contact form
8) Create an About us page to make the site stand out from the rest of the sites that sell PoT T-shirts.
As for fucntionality,
1) Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
2)Imagine if you saw something that you quite like on the store, however want to browse more, get more options and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
3) The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times.For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created account etc.)
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
A few suggestions:
1. Add an About Us page. This is important because it tells your brands story and why people should buy from you. Your website needs to tell a story!
2. Do you have an email capture tool? You can send abandon cart emails and retgarget emails.
3. Move payment information to the bottom of th page or at checkout. Distracts the design
4. Re-think how you are leveraging your top nav with the footer. I suggest moving shipping to your footer only.
Hope this help! AdRoll is currently offering a 90 day free trial for our growth plan. Check us out: