Despite my best efforts by utilizing Facebook & Instagram ads, influencer marketing, and consistent social media posting, I still haven't received any actual sales. I would like to think my store is professionally designed -- is my market too broad? I have a logo, as well as a domain name, so I’m almost positive brand confusion isn't an issue.
What am I missing? Thanks so much for your feedback in advance!
Website (Shopify Store): https://www.marketgleam.com/
My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)
I've had a look over your store and I have some recommendations. I do think the store looks good and I like your logo! Just a few points here to go over that will hopefully help you out.
* When I visited your site first, 4 separate pop-up came up on the screen, which can be a bit much for some customers
The first pop-up was for your newsletter, which was fine! But there were 2 after that to allow notifications, and a fourth to show me what products other people have viewed/bought. This can be a little overwhelming to a first-time visitor, as they may feel they are being pushed into committing to a newsletter/notifications/a purchase within the first 10 seconds of viewing your store. I'd recommend limiting the number of pop-ups you have on your storefront, as Google tends to penalize stores that use too many pop-ups when the site is viewed on mobile. So they may be harmful to your sites SEO.
* I'd also recommend an Image Optimizer app, just to speed up the load times of your images! It will help your store look more professional.
* Taking a look at your product pages, I noticed your descriptions have products specs added. This is very useful information for the customer! I might just recommend a tabbed description app, just to tidy up the descriptions and to make sure they don't take up too much space on your page!
* I would consider filling out your product descriptions a bit more. When writing product descriptions, it's great to write something that 1) describes the piece and 2) projects the voice of their brand! Showing your brands personality and finding a voice for your brand will help you gather loyal customers. We have a great article here to give you some tips.
* An About Us page can also let customers know who you are and what your brand is. Visitors tend to convert to customers more frequently if they have a story to follow. If the visitors to the site knew a bit more about your brand and your goals, they may be more inclined to purchase. Plus, they may feel more comfortable purchasing from you once they know who you are! If you weren't sure how to write an About Us page, we have a really handy guide here you can use for inspiration,
* You mentioned you have an Instagram page for your business, so I'd recommend putting a link to that in your Footer. You can do this by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Links. You can paste the link to your Instagram page there! the same can be said of any other social media account you have, you can add them to the footer.
* Your Instagram page looks good so far! The same point I made about your About Us page could apply to your Instagram page. If your Instagram feed is full of products, it can sometimes become dull for customers to browse. I'd recommend showing some more of your personality! Maybe by posting some images of customers using your products, or of you shipping products to new customers? Whatever you decide you want your brand to be, you can reflect that in your social media accounts. We also have some useful ideas on how to make sales with Instagram here.
* One thing that’s super important to note is that if you’re going to be running ads, you should be continuously running a retargeting ad as well. This is going to target people who have come to your site and not made a purchase. So you have a unique opportunity to set something up to entice potential customers to actually come back to your store! Including an offer or discount in these ads is highly recommended as well.
Those are just some thoughts, feel free to apply as much or as little of the above to your store as you wish. Please do comment back here with your thoughts, I'd love to continue chatting with you!
Social Care Guru | email@example.com
Ava gave a lot of good tips above but I'll chime in with my own feedback.
One thing to consider is adding reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.
After looking I couldn't find a FAQ section. Adding an FAQ section to your store can help your customer more easily be able to find a solution to their problems without asking you. This will help long into the future so you don't need to spend so much time on customer support
You might consider adding a support email address. A lot of people don't want to fill out a contact form, many prefer to seek help through email. I suggest adding a support email address so people can more easily reach you.
You might consider adding social media links. Creating some social media accounts can be a great way to drive organic traffic to your store.
Another thing you might want to add is a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.
Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!
If you found this review useful I created an email course here https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course where you can learn more ways to convert your customers