[Request] Feedback on my store please

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello, I opened up my shopify store last month and am currently requesting feedback. 

My Store:https://www.chaoscandlecompany.com/

I have received a lot of traffic but no sales.

Much Appreciated.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @SECarter 

Congratulations on your store, it looks great on the first look. 

It's pretty clear where your problem lies. You website conversions.

There are a few gaps in your website experience. It is the only experience users have with your company, and you have to make it professional enough to earn their trust. Here are my observations:

1. There are a few inconsistencies in your product images. They have different sizes and backgrounds (for example “Gaea”). Making them all consistent will make your store look more professional. You should add as much detail as possible for the products. A bad product listing is the #1 users don’t convert.
  2. The first fold, as soon as I land, doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. Even after looking through all the images, I could only find about what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating the copy + images in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and what you’re selling, and why someone should buy from you.
  3. Favicon - it is the small logo that shows up in your browser tab beside the name of your store. It’s not very clear on your website. Also, I’d suggest ad the meta title and description for your home page and all others. (This is for SEO)
  4. Add more details to your product listing. A confusing product listing can be one of the biggest turn-offs as a customer. Think of someone who has not heard of your store - your website is the only place they will interact with your products. At first glance, the name of the candle tells me nothing about it. It might make users lose confidence. Only after someone would click the candle name will they see, what flavor/scent it is.
  5. You need to guide users to the right products. Here’s what I mean: When visitors come browsing in your store, they usually look for clues for which product they should buy. Think about when you shop online on amazon. How do you select a specific product?
    You look at reviews, what other people are saying. So adding reviews to products would be a good option. 
  6. Again, since it is a product people need to be educated about. You can’t expect them to understand all this, then make a choice immediately. You need to guide them to the right product. Let’s say someone asks “ I want to start off with scented candles? What should I buy?” To which you would say “this is our bestseller for newbies.” You do this on your website using product labels (stickers on top of product images). Apps like Modemagic can help apply labels to your product images for free. Not only just for “bestseller”, but you can also apply labels like “selling out” or “sale” to increase the #Fomo in users. The feeling that they’re missing out is a strong drive for people to buy.
  7. About us - You’ve given a nice explanation about your company ideals. I would say add a human factor to it by talking about the people as well - the team and why you started. Add some pictures as well. All of this will help the user connect more with your store.
  8.  Testimonials are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials and add them!

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much Sajay. I really appreciated it.   

Time to make some changes!  

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
445 49 97

Hi @SECarter.,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great work on the store!

You've done an excellent job, and the store is looking good. However, the website is only one part of the journey the customer takes on their way to hopefully converting into a sale.

Given that, we’ve put together a whole section here on our blog that deals with optimizing your conversion rate.

There’s one blog in particular here that deals with ways to increase your conversions that I would recommend.

Here are resources for considering your customer's journey through your store, from the moment they land to the moment they (hopefully) make a purchase:

- 3 strategies for improving user experience

- eCommerce - UX

- 11 ways to step up your content marketing game

- Marketing to millennials 

So you'll want to create original and innovative content to capture your customer. Two ways to do this are:

- Create blogs this is super important and here's why.

- Add a video to your store - people respond to moving images and this is why it's important.

Also, you may wish to consider a "Contact Us" page for your store to encourage trust from your customers!

I hope this helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @SECarter ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you. 

• I have found that your home page is quite not attractive, add the new and blogs at the bottom of the page, below the main banner, try adding the collection pages.
  • There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales.
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Also, try adding SEO friendly titles, they help you in promoting your products and your store.
  • I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  • There is no “contact us”, “about us” sections. Try adding them so that customers will get to know more about your brand.

I hope our feedback helps you. 

Thanks,

Droppersstop 

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello @Droppersstop  

The about us section is located on top menu.

The contact us is under Help and button is on bottom side. 

The review options is under collection.  

Thank you for feedback. 

0 Likes