Request a feedback on my store

Solved
AleksandraTIS
1 0 0

Hello,

I have been working on my store, there are still some areas to improve but i would appreciate the feedback so i know i go in good direction. Here is the link: https://turquoiseislandstore.com/

This is not a dropshipping model I own the products . Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi @AleksandraTIS 

I would love to provide some recommendations for your store. By the way, your store looks professional.

DESIGN

1, Home page

- You can add a Newsletter section and Testimonial section on your home page to make more attractive and trust.

By adding a Newsletter section, some customers can directly leave their emails to you instead of going to Contact us page when they access your store.

- Instagram feed is also highly recommended to promote your store on social media

2, Product page

- I recommend you should add product variant and product quantity for your product details. If there is any promotion, a countdown timer is also a good choice. You can see this example

White sweater 2020-05-06 09-18-00.png

- Customer reviews also make your product more trust 

You can use some review apps such as Judge.me, Ali Reviews, Varinode, etc.

PAGE SPEED

- Your store's page speed is pretty good on the laptop but you should focus on mobile as well. 

You can check Google PSI https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fturquoiseislandstore.com%2...

But PSI is not everything, this article will let you know about page speed basically and some triggers to have a good loading time.

There are other tools that help you to check. In this guide, you can know more, and some tips for mobile device you can learn.

I hope my recommendations can help you in some ways. Feel free to let me know if you have any question.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

Really good looking store! I love your products selection too.

Consider optimizing your sliding images further - add a CTA [call to action] button to each image, such as "Shop Now" linking to a relevant collection or product:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 05.35.37.png

you don’t prompt your visitors to click anywhere, so there’s no urgency for them to take action: click + shop. Adding a CTA button can definitely help you improve your conversion rate.

"Featured Collection" - has a small typo. Consider also renaming it to something more SEO-friendly, like 100% Cotton Towels:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 05.38.39.png

While the logo is really fantastic, I’d recommend resizing it to reduce the size of the header area. At the moment, the logo makes the header takes almost half of the screen, pushing the rest of the content down the pages and out of sight:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 05.40.08.png

The ‘above the fold’ area [visible on the screen without scrolling down] is the most crucial for the conversion rate. The best converting websites display all the key info above the fold, to reduce the need for people to do any scrolling on the page and complete the checkout with as little fuss as possible. Aim to reduce the header area - and logo size - to display as much website content as possible above the fold.

The product page looks excellent. Consider adding a related items section to your product page as well - it will help you improve the average order value through cross-selling and also make people browse more items in your store. See how to cross sell with related items: https://apps.shopify.com/cross-sell

Your SEO score is 45/100. You seem to have two domain names pointing to your website [perhaps the default myshopify.com domain and your custom domain] which, without a 301 redirect make Google read your website as two separate sites with a duplicate content, which might affect your Google rank:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 05.43.25.png

Make sure to add a redirect to let Google know which version it should take into consideration.

Your homepage Google snippet [meta title and meta description] needs optimization:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 05.45.56.png

Meta title is just your brand name - which doesn’t help you get organic traffic from Google. Consider adding an incentive here to ignite attention and prompt people to click your listing. Your meta description is empty. Make sure to optimize these by adding a short enticing tagline with a CTA [call to action] to prompt people to click your listing.

This snippet is very important, and it’s worth spending more time optimizing it. It’s often the first interaction with a potential new customer, as this snippet is displayed in Google search results. Make sure it’s inviting and irresistible so people click your listing once they see it. Otherwise Google might drop it as non-relevant to the search results, which will affect your traffic and SEO. Let me know if you’d need help writing irresistible, well converting Google snippets for your websit....

Your homepage is missing vital H1 tag [assigned to the page title]:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 05.48.43.png

Also, work on the amount of content on your website - through regular blogging and adding more pages - that gives Google more reasons to keep checking your website and crawling it again:Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 05.49.35.png

Google loves written content, so blogging regularly can help you improve your SEO. 

Image alt tags - make sure to add descriptive SEO friendly alt tags to each new image you upload. That’s a great way to improve your SEO [Google will be able to understand what each image represents] and make your website more accessible for the users who browse with images switched off.

Some of your URLs are not SEO friendly:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 05.50.27.png

It’s important to fix them now, as you are starting out, as changing URLs later, when you are more established and have more backlinks, will results with tons of error pages. See how to make your URLs more SEO friendly in this free video guide: https://youtu.be/4V-jFWoGFd4

Your website is mobile-friendly and responsive, which is excellent:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 05.52.18.png

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Dear AleksandraTIS,

Congratulation for your store.

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Header -- Have a sticky header and smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for.Also a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features. Login icon must be there for buyer account creation before purchasing.  Example of Good Header

Footer -- Optimize your footer with more professional and functional look and also highlight your newsletter sign up so people who follow your brand will receive more updates about promotions and sales. 

Home Page -

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add prompt CTA buttons with a hero banner that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers. Example of Nice Home page

Collection Page -

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer. 

Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views. announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc. Example of Good Collection Page

Product Page -

Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button. Example of Ideal Product Page

Cart Page -

Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more. 

This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store. 

Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:

• Logo need to improve
  • Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust
  • Trust badges should be on the home page like 100% Authentic products, Easy return, etc
  • You need to write small writeup about you and your business, i mean personal touch so that you can connect your audience
  • All Banner design need to Improve with CTA button
  • "TRACK ORDERS" page seems to be an empty page without any form.
  • Add live Chat option
  • Social Media link should be in the footer
  • Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
  • You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
  • Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features  and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.
  • Remove "Powered by Shopify"
  • Add a Blog section - it will be helpful for seo

• Do some Basic On-Page SEO
  • Index your all product at Google
  • Do Facebook and Google Shopping Ads for sale

If you need help please contact us at https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution