Requesting Constructive Criticism of My Store: LOVVE

lovveapparel
1 0 0

Good evening Shopify community,

Over the last 8 months, I've created a brand (lovveapparel.com) from scratch, starting with designs scribbled in my notebook, recreating those designs in Photoshop and Illustrator, and finally applying them to garments using Printful. To set myself apart from the competition, I wanted to create a unique brand, not just a standard PoD store selling t-shirts with quotes, pop culture references, and other things similar to that. I want to preface that there's nothing wrong with that business model, but I wanted something that was all my own with original, high-quality, likable designs, which is why I also charge what I charge, which is not entirely that expensive, especially considering the costs of the garments and my overhead. I, myself, work in luxury sales and have always had an eye for style and fashion, especially women's fashion, so this is part of the reasoning as to why I started my own brand, one that is relatively geared towards health-conscious, athletic women (and men). I also have some basic level knowledge about web design, but I lack severely in marketing and advertising experience and knowledge. In my opinion, my website is minimalist, clean, easy to navigate, and rather straightforward with the product placement, but my speed is poor for some reason. I have two Facebook advertising campaigns running with two different, but similar target audiences to see which one produces the best results. I'm producing some traffic through these advertisements, but I have not gained a single sale and the website sessions are around one second per session and I absolutely cannot figure out why. I also use Later to schedule posts to Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Once a month, I schedule one post per social media outlet at 2:30 P.M. everyday for 30 days out. I'm seeing a very small increase of followers and likes on Instagram, which is better than nothing and gives me some optimism, but still I see no sales. I have, however, made a handful of sales, but they were all by people who know me personally, and only one of them genuinely wanted to buy one of my pieces because they loved the design and not just because they knew me and wanted to support me. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if there's something I'm not doing it all. I truly believe that my designs are very sellable and I've created an extremely cohesive collection in terms of design compatibility, color palettes, and marketability. I would really love to receive some constructive criticism about my advertising and marketing tactics, my designs, and my website. Rip my brand apart and tear it down, so that I may build it back up stronger. I spend nearly all of my free time outside of my full-time job working on this brand so that THIS can become my full-time job, so I take it very seriously. I would appreciate any help that you can offer.

0 Likes

Dear @lovveapparel 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• For menu

menu.png

• Add Custom Slider(Hero banners) with Call to Action at home page
  • Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust - Make your store well-organized, neat and visually appealing and add to the user experience.
  • At footer:

lovfooter.png

• Add Trust Badge and Highlight your USP
  • Improve ON PAGE SEO
  • Featured Collection​ - Add all the top featured products on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  • Add Featured / Bestseller products at home page - Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store.
  • Add Testimonials at homepage
  • Collection page layout needs to improve

• Product page layout needs to improve

• Add cart counter and allow users to see cart page
Regards,
Task4Store - Get Shopify Small Task Help
Contact Us
: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
1400+ Happy Clients | 25000+ Shopify Small Tasks Done
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3413 193 617

Hello @lovveapparelThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

Homepage recommended layout - The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this, top announcement bar, Slideshow banners, Collection List, Product Recommendations, product reviews, Newsletter sign up box, Blog Posts, Instagram Feed & footer.

- You need to change the layout of your product page. Make the product page professional. Your store should be mobile and desktop responsive.

- Add a call to action button on the banner image.

Add these customer engagement & marketing automation tools in your store which will help you to maximize customer engagement in your store and drive conversions:

- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work.

- Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

You should add a loyalty program in your store. Many brands have started using the loyalty program to build long-term relationships with their customers. To make customers purchase from you again you have to give them rewards and loyalty points. You can give welcome points, on allowing for push notification, on a sign-up, on following or sharing on social media, and many other activities. Engage them with gratification and build relationships with your customers by offering such kinds of rewards. It will help you to increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers, reviews, social media presence. 

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store! So I've checked your store and I have some feedback on it, and I hope it helps.

1. Homepage

RichardNguyen_0-1620481422338.png

Firstly, your menu bar could be more diversified to optimize your product page. You have some essential tabs: Home and Collections, I would suggest you add some more tabs such as: Contact us, featured collections, FAQs, or even some product categories. That will make your customers to get know you better. Therefore, their buying journey is much more enjoyable.

Secondly, the search bar is a little bit hard to see and even disappears when scrolling down. The use of only an icon, its size, and nearby competing elements impact the field’s visibility so try to make it always available to access.

Banner
Banner is the first impression of your store. I see that your store lack a banner, instead it has a big cover picture with no CTA button.

CTA Button 

It’s such a loss if you don’t have a “Shop Now” button on your banner. It urges visitors to make the purchase and a great way to optimize your home page.

RichardNguyen_0-1620530473140.png

Again, there is no CTA button in this section, so how customers can go to the next step of purchasing your product?

2. Collection page

RichardNguyen_1-1620530537566.png

This page looks unattractive because you give no information for your product unless the customers hover on the product images. 
Also, the list seems to be too long until I see the "See more" button. 

Here I suggest you put a 3x5 layout with the important information about the products with a CTA button.

3. Product page

In this section, you are putting the product images, then product description, then product image again, which looks a bit weird. Here are what you should do for your product page:

Invest in bespoke imagery 
More product images should be added (3-5 images from different angles per product). Don’t just show what a product looks like but how it works in real life. Your products are lovely and unique so lifestyle shots will be a game-changer in conversion rate optimization 

Use accordion for product variants is a good idea to make your product page more organized.

Return Policy
Customers get hesitant to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page.

The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy-to-read and clear for customers.

Use Delivery Date
Once a purchase decision is made, the buyer is excited to get your product on their hand as soon as possible. When viewing “Standard Shipping — 3 business days. Get it by April 4th”, visitors get the urgency to make the purchase.

Product description
The information provided through product descriptions is an essential element for most users in the process of finding a suitable product. It should be eye-catching and attractive. Otherwise, it will make customers tired and skip the details. Consequently, that might cause troubles for your business.
Subdivide Long Product Descriptions with Sections and Headings
Use block text and bullet point

Use load more
“Load More” proved to be the loading schema that worked best across desktop and mobile devices

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder.

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

P.s: FYI, this May 19-20th, we are having C-level E-commerce experts from #Shopify, Recart, vitals, The Dropshipping Council, Easyship, and ZAGO to join us in the extraordinary conference: "eCommence 2021 - To Survive Is To Thrive". In this event, these real experts will guide you from A to Z on how to build a successful store and provide tips regarding the newest trend in E-Commerce!

This is a never-before opportunity where you can get lessons from the best minds in the industry without paying any fee (yes, the treat on us ). Nothing to lose, just gaining from the best minds in the game. Sign up now cause we only take the first 500 registers!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.