Requesting Feedback For My Failing Store.

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
Hi,
My store is a general store. I planned on testing a few products to see what sells before diving into a niche, maybe that was a bad idea.

I tried marketing on Facebook and lost a few hundreds and zero sales. I tired GooGle shopping and had less than twenty clicks and no sales.

I tried eBay and Amazon and eBay brought in about 3 sales and Amazon a few hundreds. Got lucky when the buy button holder ran out of supplies.

I have a FB ad running now and so for the ad is costing me .22 per results. About 20 clicks and no purchases.

Surprisingly, the other day I got one direct store purchase. That came out the blue. Now I’m dead in the water.

Should I change the name? Focus on a Niche? Better design? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

dealsamust.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
472 47 238

Hi Jahsun,

General

• I would suggest adding an email address on the Contact page. Some website visitors, like myself, don't quite trust contact forms as some sites with contact forms do not reply. Try to provide information on when they can expect feedback as well.
  • People love content, and anything that inspires or engages them will keep them coming back to your site. The more often they visit, the more likely they are to purchase so improve your content pages.

Homepage

• You can add a live chat section instead of Facebook messenger, which is not at all suggested. It could be really irritating to go to messenger and fill credentials just for clearing some doubts.
  • You need a newsletter 97% of people who visit a website for the first time don't purchase it is crucial that we capture their email addresses to bring them back to the site.

Product

• Remove "Secured and trusted checkout" on each product page as this does not help your brand. Put it in the footer if you want to keep it.
  • Product descriptions need to do more than simply describe the product. Product descriptions need to sell your products! Your customers should feel like they need that product after reading your product description.

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here.

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi fnLabs,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate your feedback. I went ahead and made a few changes like adding the email address directly tot he contact form. My concern was bots sending spam, got one so far. 

As for the live chat, I had Tidio before but had some performance issues. I removed the messenger and reinstalled Tidio which seems to work much better now. I guess reinstalling an APP can resolve some issues. 

I am working on a newsletter APP as we speak. As for the content and description, I will make those improvements as well.

What I am curious about is the Trust badges. Some would recommend adding it to the product page. Can you shed some light on why removing it would be ideal? 

Thank you so much for you feedback.

Nick

0 Likes