Requesting Feedback On A College-Targetted Store

CollegeWares
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello,

I'm requesting some feedback and recommendations on my store: www.collegewares.com. I received roughly 1,200 viewers last month without dropping a cent on advertising, but only made around 12 sales, which isn't horrible but I'd like that number a little higher.

Things I've Done: Changed current product listings over to a newer and fresher product mockup that I made myself.

Things I'm Doing To Improve: I'm currently in the process of redoing all of my product descriptions and redoing all of my product SEO.

Things I Plan To Do: I plan to add some more product types to the store within the next month and drop some money on an Instagram Ad Campaign.

If you have any suggestions or questions relative to feedback, please feel free to leave them below. I do appreciate all of the help. Thanks.

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hi @CollegeWares!

Kudos on getting traffic without really doing any advertising! That’s awesome. Now let’s see how we can get those sales to increase!

At first glance, I like that you have a fairly clean design here. The theme is working for you!

On the homepage, work on those hero images. The rotating images aren’t helping you. I would stick with one, like the Greek Designs, and add in a CTA. It’s just scrolling so fast, and images like the worldwide shipping aren’t helping make a sale.

While I like your logo, I don’t know if it describes what you sell. Seeing “Greek Designs and College Essentials,” I didn’t think you would be selling only flags. Are you planning on expanding your product collection? It’s fine if you aren’t, but I would represent that in your branding.

Are you using any visitor behavior insights? Heatmaps, to see where people click and scroll, would be really helpful here. It would show you how people use your homepage/store and guide you in making those changes.

Heatmaps would also really help you with your menu bar. It’s kind of a mess right now. Under the Shop drop-down, there’s Flags and Design Your Own. But then on the navigation there’s also Design Your Own. It feels disjointed.

Click heatmaps will be able to show you what people are clicking on. It may be that you leave the Become An Affiliate and Track Your Order pages on the footer and change your main navigation to Home | Shop All | Flags | Design Your Own. Something simple like that. 

Before I move on, your links on your menu bar and footer don’t match. The footer takes me to a template default page with a few updates but not many. Most have default images in it. The footer link takes me to: https://collegewares.com/collections. The actual link is to: https://collegewares.com/collections/all-flags

For the collection page, add filters to help customers find the flag for them. Add things like, by theme (movie, shows), Greek life (list out the frats), etc. I doubt people are scrolling through five pages of content, but click heatmaps will show you for sure. Session recordings can help you see how people are getting to products and help you find ways to make that a little smoother.

On to the product page - I like that your banner promoting free shipping stands out, but I would also mention that on your product pages. For worldwide shipping that isn’t free, include information on shipping costs for them. Customers don’t like surprises, especially when it comes to shipping.

A few things stand out for me:

• The order process is very easy. Great job! 
  • I would switch up the order a bit on your pages. I would move the shipping information above the About information. 
  • Look at click heatmaps to see where people are clicking. Are they using the link for a custom flag within your product description?
  • I like your product images, but I would add another image to show the dimensions of the flag in relation to something else - like a ping pong table. Help them visualize what a 3x5 foot banner looks like! 
  • Invite those reviews. Add a review reminder to your purchase confirmation. You have some fun products here, and I imagine people would love to give their feedback on it! 

Another idea is to launch a poll. Ask something like, “What flag should we print next?” with ideas listed. It’s easy to set up and for customers to take. It also helps you build an inventory of what people want to buy.

I really think you’re doing great! A little visitor behavior will help you really take your store to the next level. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers - 

Danny 

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Dear CollegeWares,

Congratulation for your store.

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Page loading Speed--

Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 8-15 . you need to improve website speed to make it more user-friendly for both device desktop and mobile. This is one of the most important steps for improving conversions and sales. This year, during the Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM), Shopify stores in 175 + countries around the world created a new record with $2.9+ billion overall sales. Among these, 69% of sales have been made on phones or tablets, while only 31% happened over the desktop.

collegewarespeed.png

Header -- A slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features. Login icon must be there for buyer account creation before purchasing.  Example of Good Header

Home Page -

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add prompt CTA buttons with a hero banner that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers. Example of Nice Home page

Collection Page -

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer. 

Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views. announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc. Example of Good Collection Page

Product Page -

Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button. Example of Ideal Product Page

Cart Page -

Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more. 

This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store. 

Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:

• Company / Business Logo Need to Improve
  • You need to High hight your UVP ( Unique Value Proposition )
  • Header and Footer Area need to Improve
  • Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust
  • Trust badges should be on the home page like 100% Authentic products, Easy return, etc
  • You need to write small writeup about you and your business, i mean personal touch so that you can connect your audience
  • Social Media link should open in new tab
  • Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features  and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.
  • All Banner design need to Improve
  • Add a Blog section - it will be helpful for seo
  • You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

If you need help please contact us at https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
0 Likes