Requesting feedback for my store Hippie Gypsea

Solved
1 0 0

I'm brand new to e-commerce and trying to learn as quickly as possible.

Please give constructive feedback for my store Hippie Gypsea.

https://hippiegypsea.com/

Thanks!

Hippie

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
293 15 51

Hi @hippiegypsea 

Hey congratulations on opening such a great store, honestly I like it a lot, but I think there might be a couple things you could consider changing.

You might consider adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

You might consider adding reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

Another thing you might want to add is a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

After looking I couldn't find a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
47 13 15

Hi @hippiegypsea ,

Dani here from Shopify!

Thanks for writing in, and congratulations on launching your store!

I took some time to review your About Us page and love what your brand is about! One thing I noticed though is that not all of your products seem to fit your brand. I know the temptation to add many different products to appeal to a variety of personalities, but the most successful businesses are those that can "niche down". I love all your sea glass jewelry and I think this is an awesome niche! So I'd suggest focusing more on the beachy lifestyle aspect of your website. For this reason, I'd actually recommend removing these products that don't seem to fit this criteria as this can be confusing for customers.

Another thing that catches my eye right away is product photography! I love being able to see a cohesive brand aesthetic throughout the entire site. I'd recommend ordering samples of your products so that you can not only do your own photoshoots but also to ensure the quality of the products. Oberlo has a great guide for taking your own product photography here.

I would also focus on adding a few more key elements to build trust with your customers. Customer reviews are a great way to do this, and you can use our free app Product Reviews to accomplish this. If your products are from AliExpress then you can actually import the reviews using the app AliReviews. Another way to build trust is to include a Privacy Policy and Terms of Service policy to your footer. You can generate these using our Policy Generator Tool or through your admin by going to Settings > Legal.

Have you already considered how you're going to market your store? Now is a great time to be starting a store as we're gearing up towards the busiest shopping season - Black Friday/Cyber Monday! I wanted to share a few resources with you for growing your traffic:

Let me know if you have any further questions at all, I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like