Revamped my store, but first ad bombed

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

I started my store in early April with the Tobia Wilson "minimalist" approach.
This didn't work and the feedback I got from here all said the site didn't look
trustworthy.  Last month, I had a company redesign the site.  They added
a more professional logo, changed the look & feel, and added many more
relevant products.

We ran FB ads for 5 days at $15 per day to the target market.  12,493
impressions, 134 website clicks, and 2 sales.

I'm asking for feedback on my store once again.  

Also, does it take time to get some momentum or should I have had much
better sales results with this first ad?

Thanks

Kent Harlan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3039 227 497

Hi Kent, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Firstly, great work on the store, it looks great and can it shows you put a lot of work into it. It definitely looks professional and trustworthy. Sometimes it can take time to gather momentum, and once the store is built like yours is now, the marketing aspect really begins which you have started with FB ads. There is a Facebook ad technique which I do recommend you try called the 3x3x3 method. It involves you doing 3 FB ads, for 3 different audiences, with 3 different sets of copy/ images and monitoring the results of each. Once you notice some ads doing better than others, you can drop them out of it and raise the budget for the successful ones. 

There are a few other small things I did notice with your store which we will look at below:

• Adding a Favicon is something I would definitely recommend. You can see the Shopify guide on how to do this here. This will also increase more trust for your customers. 
  • I noticed you don't have any Social Media added to the website. This could definitely be one of the next things to add. Not only does it add more trust but also helps potential customers find you better and increase your SEO. You can see the Shopify guide on how to add social media to your store here
  • Similar to social media, adding Google Analytics is something which can help you understand behavior on your website and what is working vs what isn't. You can see the Shopify guide on Google Analytics here

Nice work so far and all the best! 

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi Nick,

That is great feedback and I sincerely appreciate it.
I will look at implementing your suggestions soon.

Thanks

Kent

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Kent!  May I ask the name of this company you hired to redesign your store?

0 Likes