Review Jewelry Store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello community! After various website design and 2 prior niches. I boiled down to a domain and niche that is based on.. luxury jewelry! 

I spent hours upon hours on templates, work on editing, product descriptions, all the little details and competitor research, price ranges, mobile look and feel. You get the picture. 

For the last 3 months i didn't find success on prior templates, i gave in and bought the Shella theme. I love the simplicity and clean but organized look of the theme. Not to mention the fast load times. 

I mostly advertise on pay per click ad services. I've used facebook in the past and got engagements for a phone case and yet no conversions. I believe that was just a poor product overall. 

Now that i'm in a tight and saturated niche with a new supplier. I'm curious of someone reviewing my website and its overall feel as a business. 

It's all about luxury jewelry, that is pricey and high dollar. One particular ring i want. 

I have year to date 415,566 visitors. Although this was scattered through 2 other domains. Had they bookmarked the old domains, (which are still running) it will take them to dah dah dah, www.easyjeweler.com

My pay per click services brought prospects and no sales. Facebook also brought traffic although the ad's get expensive to run and separating the ad types gets cumbersome as it wastes time. Which brought no conversions and boy did i cross test and experiment. I lost 2 accounts. I've tried over 50 different products with about a week on each. I read around if a product doesn't sell after a week to 2 weeks max then kill it. Or is it unreal? 

I'm desiring of what the community thinks of my store. Does it have enough information? My overall idea for the home page is to go minimal and have the product right there. Yes, i did have tabs like other stores for product and collection sectioning. 

Could there be information i'm missing that could not bring trust? I like the minimal idea, a full blown store is a little to quick. I also tried that for my jewelry. I feel as if it blew people off for looking to much for what looks like a new store, know what i mean. 

If anyone out there can supply even minute help, it'd be greatly appreciated. I'd love to see my store rock and roll as well as to help others in the future. 

~Michael from EasyJeweler. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
117 9 21

Hi, 

Great work on the initial setup of your store. All the information that is needed seems to be there, now I would just recommend working on the layout and the branding. 

Your branding doesn't really say "luxury." When I think of "Easy Jeweler," it immediately conjures the image of a fast repair shop, or a budget jeweler. You may need to update this name if you are going to sell high-end, luxury items. The logo definitely needs to be upgraded to denote the expensive, luxury nature of the product you are selling.

I would also make your brand seem more exclusive. Currently, you have many products listed on the homepage. I would put up some lifestyle images of luxurious people wearing the jewelry, then link to the categories from the homepage, rather than displaying every product. I would increase the blank space on each of your category pages as well, to make the products look less cramped on the page. When selling a luxury item, the key is to make it look like you are only offering them the best of the best, rather than everything that a dropshipper offered. Adding additional space and limiting the number of products displayed on each page will help with the overall feel of your brand. 

I would also recommend using the psychology of color to your advantage. A dark background will help reinforce the luxury component and a color like green or purple will also help your customers associate your brand with wealth. I would also see if your dropshipper has any lifestyle images that they could provide you to include with your product images. Setting them on a velvet pillow or having them styled on a model can help your customers better experience the size and quality of your products.

Good luck!

Highlighted

Jewelry is saturated, competitive and expensive. The more expensive your item, the longer someone needs before they buy. A week could be long enough if someone knows exactly what they want but two weeks might be better. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as gone way to simple as it has no branding. If I cover up your logo.. can you tell what site you are on? At least add an image at the top to add some context and branding

2. Seeing all your items on sale might not send the message you want. If you are really high end.... why is everyone one sale?

3. Your email should be your domain name... what is Clerk.com?

4. Maybe you only sell the 12 items on the home page... it's weird to see no menu

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Move "Guaranteed safe checkout" to the footer

4. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

5. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hi Michael,

Your site is great. Hope you sell those diamonds quickly.

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. Try making the logo in silver color or rose gold, this blue is not at all saying luxury.
  2. Drop the purple background its too loud, try white, ref below screenshot. Luxury-Jewelry-Store-easyjeweler.png
  3. Create contact us page with contact form.
  4. Add a menu on the site, with link to about us, collection menu, contact us page.
  5. Add a banner with product image and some description about what you sell.
  6. Add Search box on the header.
  7. You can add social media links, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram on the site header or footer.
  8. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  9. I can see that you are using default search for Shopify which is pretty basic considering that it shows empty result page even for simple search queries, for eg. https://www.easyjeweler.com/search?q=stonerings. Improving your search experience has shown to improve conversion rates and reduce the bounce rate for your visitors. Just replace default search on the website with different search solution such as Sparq. It will allows advanced filters, typo tolerance and other such feature and its free upto 100 products. 

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
214 6 41

Hi @EasyJeweler (Micheal)

Trust you are doing good. I saw your website below is my feedback please implement below things on your website. After working in jewelry store in retail and making sales i am giving my feedback.

1. In Top Menu - make the menu as men's and women's as your jewelry store is selling products for both men and women.

2. Contact us page mention the address of the store which is really important the reason is you are selling product which is an asset (gold) which cost is high too.

3. About Us Page upload the pics of owners.

4. The products which are made with Diamonds are the diamonds certified by IGI GIA ? Mention that along with the certificate link.

5. Diamond Color: H+   >>>> just mention it H or (H - I)  here I = i)   if the color is between H and I, do not mention H+ customer will get confused

6. Primary Stone Shape: Round  (here mention Round Cut Diamonds or Round Brilliant Cut) if you are talking cut and shape as one thing

7. is the product insured when it is getting shipped ?

8. How is the product shipped - FedEx DHL ? place the logos in footer

9. Your email - helpeasyjeweler@clerk.com    - make the email with your domain easyjeweler.com not (clerk.com)

10.Mention returns and refunds policy

Regarding your Google Ads or any digital channels ad spent - Did you select the target audience correctly ? Did you do manual bid optimization ? OR were you running automated ads  ?

Thanks

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

i would not trust that logo appearance for a 5 dollar jewelry store let alone your price range, does not match product at all imo. 

Do you have an actual family store if so tell more of the story, where is it? who is the random girl on the about us page? daughter? if so say so or maybe family photo infront of store would be better of photo of you in store, looks like a random internet meme from a scam site 

please review mine mysite

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 3

Hi @EasyJeweler 

In case you are dropshipping from AliExpress, do give a try to this app called AppMagica: AliExpress Review .It helped us with importing authentic reviews from AliExpress and made our new store look filled with buyers :). Certainly a great way to make people feel your store is authentic and has people buying and leaving good reviews on your products, which can definitely help in driving sales.

Cheers!

0 Likes