Any advice would be great!

1 Like

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2017 122 256

Hi, @DogWoofers,

Nick here from Shopify. 

First things first, really good work on your store so far. Your imagery makes sense, is good quality and very cute. I did see a couple of things which you could change/ add to add to the overall experience of the store visitors. Let's take a look at them below:

• Something which stuck out to me straight away was the inclusion of the credit card icons in the product pages.  Personally, this is something I would remove from the product page entirely since you already show these in the footer. I feel they are taking away from the product experience and could put people off more than encouraging them to follow through on a sale. That's just me though. I feel because you have them in the footer which is industry standard practice, you are covered and there wouldn't be a need to repeat it anywhere else. 
  • I really like your About Us page but it is hiding all the way at the very bottom of the store as the last tab in the footer. I would look to add this to the main navigation menu at the top of the site to have as many people see it as possible.  You are doing something wonderful by donating 5% of your profits to the ASPCA and should be getting that as prevalent as possible. As well as adding your About Us to the main navigation menu, I would also look to add some of the amazing photos you have to add to your story in the About Us too. Your story makes sense as well as telling people about your social good, to top it off a photo or a video would be fantastic. The content team at Shopify wrote a couple of great blog posts with how to write a persuasive About Us page and one with some examples of other high standard pages to gather some inspiration from. You can see them here and here
  • I couldn't really see anything else which stood out. Something that I thought of was adding trust seal badges. This could compliment what I was saying in the first bullet point about increasing the trust and not having to put the credit card icons in multiple places. With the credit card icons the addition of a subtle trust seal badge, you would be more than set on that front. Shopify has a guide for how to add trust seal badges here as well as a free app you can look into using for one here

Overall you are in a great place and ready to take things to the next level. We're here to help should you have any other questions about anything. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi there, I too am a dog lover and loved your products.  In fact it would be nice to see more of them so those pages can be filled out a little more. The pics are great, nothing is too wordy.  The only thing that stuck out in my mind was how long it takes to get the items.  In the days of Amazon the mention of "40 days" may be hurting you, just a suggestion.  By the time people are looking for gifts for a holiday or birthday they are probably doing it last minute and can't afford to take the chance on it maybe not coming in on time.  I too, am having trouble with my shopify store and also just posted a link for help with a review.  Perhaps you can give me some ideas as well - https://www.cityfarmhouseantiques.com/

Jennifer

1 Like