Review My Store

Solved
DonzyStore
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey all,

We have only had our store for 3 weeks and we are already wanting to quit.

We feel as if, within our budget, we have designed a reasonable first store.

Perhaps it is the products, but can you review our store and tell us why we have so much traffic but a mere 0.54 conversion rate all time?

Let us know, so we can implement the changes to become profitable.www.donzystore.co.uk 

0 Likes
DevShop
4 0 0

My suggestion is to remove the spinner that pops up on every page. Did you run any facebook ads? Do you have a social media following? Just some suggestions

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 135 327

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @DonzyStore,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback. I want you to succeed so here is my honest feedback..

I think a big part of the problem are the products you've chosen. For example, with your print on demand mugs, there are already large, well-known companies offering this same thing. When a person is searching for this type of product in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who makes these locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local.

If you cannot find a way to set yourself apart in the market, it is time to move on to a different product. A good product choice should have these qualities:
1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

Again, not trying to discourage you, genuinely want you to succeed.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

DonzyStore
Tourist
3 0 1
Hey! Thank you so much for responding. I asked others the same question and
they gave me a sales course I need to follow but I don’t think my issue is
the design of the store, I agree with you I believe it is actually our
products not the store itself.

Thank you for your detailed and very honest review.

We want to succeed too so do not apologise.

We will find a solution to people’s problems and not enter the market
within a competitive market where we will just simply lose.

Before we sign off, any POD products you recommend?

All the best,

Donzy Store
DonzyStore
Tourist
3 0 1
Hey! Thank you so much for responding. I asked others the same question and they gave me a sales course I need to follow but I don’t think my issue is the design of the store, I agree with you I believe it is actually our products not the store itself.

Thank you for your detailed and very honest review.

We want to succeed too so do not apologise.

We will find a solution to people’s problems and not enter the market within a competitive market where we will just simply lose.

Before we sign off, any POD products you recommend?

All the best,

Donzy Store
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3723 214 663

Hello @DonzyStore, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Add product reviews on the product page. It helps to build trust with other visitors. 

You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term. 

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 135 327

Hey @DonzyStore,

Glad to hear our advice was well received.

As for POD product recommendations, I think in general POD products are difficult to break into. POD products do best for people who already have an existing following and have fans that are passionate about their brand and would like to buy merch with the company logo on it. 

You might get some sales if you are the first to market with a trending phrase but it's one of those things where you have to be constantly on top of trends and then knowing when to stop selling that product before the trend ends.

We are currently working on a video showing you how to find trending products so keep checking our YouTube channel for that release. No course needed ;).

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
Vontrapp3312
1 0 0

Hi Donzy, 

I reviewed your store, and Honestly I think its great for starting out! Your business has a lot of potential and getting started is the hardest part. I just had a couple questions regarding your E-commerce store. Are you trying create a POD platform? Who is your target audience? How do you market your products? You can use these websites as resources for building a better e-commerce business.  https://www.ecommerceceo.com/ https://www.abetterlemonadestand.com/ Also, you can email me at theodore@printify.com and I would love to give you advice on how achieve efficiency and profitability.

- Theodore

0 Likes
jerrypro
1 0 0

Thank you for the wonderful advices! this is truly helpful.
I had also some issues on my store Website. now I found solutions on this post. Again thanks.

0 Likes