Review My shop

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Everyone

I opened my shop about 2 weeks back and have not had any orders yet. Can you take a look and guide me as to what I could change or add? Also how much traffic on the site is a good per week/ or month?

https://sayidostationery.com/

Thanks in advance!

Kieran

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 174

Hi, @SIDS2.

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Congratulations on your store, you have done a great job it is really lovely! What marketing techniques are you using at the moment? Where are you advertising? Are you noticing much traffic to your store? It is hard to say what would be good traffic as it depends on where your advertising etc. 

The first thing that I always look at with new stores are the product descriptions. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need these products? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

I love your "A little about "Say I do" on the homepage and it shows how much love and care you put into your products. However, I would still create an 'About us' page and link it in the footer or even the main menu. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
In short, your online store displays your products available and your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you! 

At the moment you have no links in your footer for return/refund, FAQ, or shipping policy. These are very important pages and help generate trust for the customer. Shopify can help generate these templates for you, however, you are responsible for following your published policies. Review your policies carefully before adding them! This page in our help centre goes through all the steps on this and how to add them to your footer.

It is great that you have your Facebook icon listed on your profile in the footer, however, I would recommend that you make sure the Shop tab is activated on your Facebook page. As the Shop section isn't appearing on your Facebook page, you will need to make sure that there are no errors on the Facebook Account page in Shopify, your Facebook page is published, and your Facebook page is using the Shopping template. You might need to enable the Shop section on Facebook.

Marketing is the most important part of an online store once the groundwork has been done. I know it can be confusing, especially if you're new to selling. You might think that marketing is too complicated or expensive to work for your business. Either way, making a marketing plan is crucial for your business to succeed. You will probably use several tactics to attract and keep customers. Each of these tactics is a part of your marketing strategy, and your marketing plan outlines how and when you use them. Your marketing plan helps you make decisions about who you are trying to reach, what you want to say, and how to get the word out. Understanding your marketing goals can make it easier for you to find the marketing tactics that are right for your store in different parts of your selling cycle. We have put this guide together for merchants to help make marketing easier, check it out here and let me know if you have any questions at all. 

Don't forget we also have a Shopify Academy that features short free courses on various topics like 'SEO Training for Beginners' and 'Grow your Business with Instagram', these have helped our merchants massively and give some excellent tips and tricks. You can enrol at any time here

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes and let me know if you have any further questions at all. I am happy to help in any way that I can! 

Kind regards,
Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you for the feedback. I will definitely rework my product descriptions and adda FAQ and about us tab. I have had  777  since opening 2 weeks ago, 6 move to checkout and then all abandoned. I have 2 adverts on facebook and 1 on instagram. On average i get about 70 visits a day would you say that was okay exposure?

Thanks  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 174

You are very welcome. Yeah, definitely that is a great start. There are so many stores out there so customer trust and advertising are so important. Make sure to stay active on your social media with stories etc and keep the content up to date. Your store and products are lovely, it is just a matter of getting the word out there. Take my tips on board and read through some of the guides I've sent and you will get your sales in no time! You have done an excellent job and should be proud.

Best of luck with it all,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1
You will have to use eBay to get Sales and be sure that your shipping
origin is not ur home address but states ur products are being fro China
not from ur home town. I am suspended indefinitely because people though
Their orders were coming from the U.S. they became irate when the stuff did
not arrive.when they thought it should. Good luck!
0 Likes
3 0 0
Hi There, Thank you for your feedback. These are not physical shop elements they are a digital download. So a shipping address is not needed for me. Which I feel is something I would like to add just not sure what to say?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hi Dude,

Your store is good but not good and has a good feeling throughout.
I can confront you to some of the most basic things in a very simple way, if you like you can apply to your store. This will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user friendly . Also it will build additional level of trust with the customer and drive you a lot better sales.

1. Your favicon is not visible , try adding some part of logo to it.

2. You home page have does'nt much to offer . You can consider some Testimonials or some Instagram quality images.
    You can add another section of Frequently Bought/Clicked/Trending/Bestselling products on your home page.

3. As I can see, there is nothing footer is taking a lot of space and does'nt offer much.

You should add terms and condition, refund, shipping and privacy policy page, it’s good for SEO purpose in the footer. 
  4. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  5. Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  6. For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.

7. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront.
    This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

8. You have around 60 prouducts , it can sometimes make it hard to find the right product for the new user with the type of theme you have so I would suggest you A smart search . The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it is empty https://sayidostationery.com/search?q=. Improving your search, experience has shown to improve conversion rates and reduce the bounce rate for your visitors.

9. Try using Sparq which allows advanced filters, typo tolerance and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.They offer a free App under 100 products .You Should look for that APP , it is user friendly and easy to use .Check out the features live here. I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes