Please Suggest what can i do to sale Oberlo Products on My Store

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
808 41 130

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Kirtiraj!

My name is Ava, I'm one of Shopify's support staff :)

I've had a look over your store and have some notes for you! These are only suggestions, so feel free to apply (or ignore) whatever you think works best for you and your business.

• I found finding a common theme on your store a little confusing. In your About Us page, you only mention selling contact lenses and sunglasses, yet you have many other categories of products like skincare, jewelry, clothing and homeware. Would you consider adding more information on the other products you sell? From the About Us page, it may be confusing for the customer if there is information on how you are one of Australia's leading retailers of contact lenses/sunglasses, a niche product, and then also sell a variety of other products at random. For example, it would seem odd to you if you were to walk into an optician to purchase lenses/sunglasses, but also saw things like lampshades and mobile phone accessories available to buy. Having a consistent and on-theme brand will help foster customer loyalty. If a customer can get behind the story of who you are, they are more likely to buy from you and continue to buy from you in the future. We have a great blog post here on how to build a personal brand, I'm sure you will find it interesting!

• I'd recommend either adding more information on the other products you sell and running a general store, or removing the other products and solely focusing on eyewear. As your store name is eyesonline, it looks like it might be best if you focus on eyewear as it would fall in line with your brand name. However, you can always change your store name if you decide on running a more general store! The choice is totally yours.

•  The main images of the collections on your main page don't seem to fall in line with the type of products in that collection. For example here - 

05-39-njz2u-u3mnq

The Fine Jewelry collection has an image of a pair of crafted earrings, and the Hobbies & Craft collection has an image of a diamond ring. The same goes for the images on the bottom row; the products shown do not correspond to the collections. If the customer lands on your homepage and cannot make sense of it, they have a higher chance of clicking away from your site. I'd recommend going to the admin and navigating to Products > Collections and selecting a collection. From there, you can add a collection image! This way, you can select an image that corresponds to the collection. Otherwise, the theme will default to showing an image from the first product within that collection.

• I also noticed that some of the products within the collection have quite a large difference in price. For example, in the Hobbies & Craft collection, there is a diamond engagement ring for $7.98, but also another diamond ring for $416.86. I'd recommend pricing the diamond rings within a similar bracket, and also reorganizing the collections so that the diamond rings are in one collection, and the home accessories are in another. Oberlo have a great guide on how to price your products when you dropship. This can be a handy reference guide for you!

•  For the products themselves, I would recommend working on your product on descriptions. Anyone who is familiar with AliExpress or Oberlo will spot the long product titles and lack of product description right away, and in doing so they will know that they can get the products cheaper elsewhere. Even if your products are not from AliExpress or similar sites, a lack of product descriptions may make them seem to the customer like they are from these sites. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format, you could try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this product? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically. For example, you could take a look at NastyGal. NastyGal makes sure to have a little description on every product that 1) describes the piece and 2) projects the voice of their brand! Take a look at how they describe some of their products, each description shows personality and reflects their brand's voice. 

• While we are speaking about brand personality, I think it would be great if you let yours shine! I'd recommend adding a banner image to add some colour to your store. Banner images can be a great way to answer customers' questions, announce sales, or feature a product. If you weren't sure how to make one, we have a great guide here to help you out. It can be very useful to add some pages and social proof to your store. Review apps like these can help add some social proof, plus adding links to your social media accounts.  Once you have set up social media business pages for your store, you can add links to these pages at the bottom of your store so customers can follow you. If you go to Online Store > Themes > Customise > Theme Settings > Social, you can add the links there!

• Your homepage at the moment only features collections, I'd recommend adding those collections to the main menu also so that customers can easily navigate between collections when not viewing the homepage. 

• I'm not able to review things like shipping rates at the moment, as the link you've shared is just for a preview of the store. If you haven't set them up yet, there is a really useful article here to help you out. 

The above are all suggestions! As I said, you can choose what works for you. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, happy to keep chatting with you here.

Happy Selling!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Kirtiraj 

When you first start drop shipping it would be much easier to focus on say 24 products all in the same niche. Also you really need good product descriptions this is super important. 

I love your logo by the way. Keep up the good work.

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes