Review for Review - allcandice.com

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hello friends. My girlfriend and I are launching a new store. 

Can you give us some feedback?

We're currently trying to make our first sale.

Haven't try that much so far.

http://allcandice.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 85

Hey, David!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

Thanks for reaching out! Following that link, I'm acually not able to access your store - here's the result that I'm getting:

I've had a look at your DNS settings on who.is, and it looks like you may have an extra A Record in there, pointing at 162.255.119.162. This might be what's causing the issue - do you see any irregularities in your control panel with your domain host for that URL, or any error messages within your Shopify admin at Online Store > Domains?

There does appear to be a cached version of your homepage that Google can display that I've had a look at, though I understand this may be out of date if you've made changes since this version was saved. From what I'm seeing there, there doesn't appear to be a Contact page. I'd highly suggest creating one; this is a great way to inspire customer trust, as it assures your client base they can reach out to you if they have any questions or concerns. There's a great guide on creating those right over here!

Great to see that you've added social media accounts - just wanted to point out, it looks like the link you have for Twitter might be pointed incorrectly; here's what I get when I click there:

If this is something you haven't set up yet and would like to work on later, I'd suggest removing the button entirely for now; it's better to not have the option, rather than one that isn't currently functioning. If you do have your Twitter account all set up and populated with content already, double check that link to make sure that it's pointed correctly!

I'm not able to see other pages, sadly, so that'll need to be working before I can take a deeper dive. If you need a little time to get that domain name working, I'd suggest changing your primary domain back to the .myshopify.com domain provided for your store; that will ensure that your customers can visit your site in the meantime. There's more info on how to do so right over here!

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know when that's resolved, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time if you run into trouble getting that domain working. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Thank you, Alex! 

The site is working now, my domain provider had an issue apparently. But we're live again :) 

I'm fixing the twitter link as we speak, I recently changed the handle.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 85

Hey again, David!

That's great, glad to see that it's all up and running! Great work on the site - I really like the clean setup you've got set up. Fantastic also to see that you've got a really good contact page there - love to see when customers are provided lots of ways to reach out in case of questions or concerns, that really helps to encourage trust.

I'm glad also to see that you've got your social media accounts up and running now. I think you could stand to focus on getting more followers on those accounts, and work on converting those followers into buyers - we've got a fantastic guide on developing your social marketing strategy that can help, as well as an article on getting more followers

Your About Us page is great, and love that you've introduced the team! Reading over this, I feel like the mission section has a lot of great detail on how shopping with you can do good for Venezuela, but might leave them wondering what's in it for them. I might suggest moving your opening statement, "Besides completing you nightly ritual and making you feel gorgeous at night time...", to your conclusion, and talking a bit more about that; you could follow this up with a call to action as well, such as a link back to your products. We've got a really in-depth article on creating an effective About Us page you might be interested in, that's right over here

You'd mentioned that you haven't done all that much to promote your store yet - what have you tried so far? You might want to check out our guide on making your first sales http://bit.ly/2wuKgd0, there's a lot of great tips there. If you're interested in advertising, there's a fantastic app called Kit that can help you to organize your campaign - while you'd still need to pay for any ads that you run, Kit itself is totally free! You can find out more about the app right over here

Let me know if that's helped, and remember that you can reach out to us via phone, email, chat or on Twitter at any time if you'd like to chat in more detail!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes