Review my Store

Solved
3 0 0

My store intend to capture products that Nigerians buy but we love great design. So, what do people think about my page (www.philnetcollection.com) as a start.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 29 45

Hi @PhilnetStore,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

Your store looks great so far and I really love the products you are selling. Your store is missing a bit of information and so I've listed some extra tips below for you to consider: 

Change the background/layout of the theme:
The theme of your store looks like it's a default theme. I'd recommend changing and customizing your theme so that it stands out a bit more. Consider changing the theme color from white to a different color along with the font. You can change this within the theme editor as shown in this tutorial. 

Add a Contact Us page:
It looks like you are missing a Contact Us page. This is quite important information to provide for your customer so they know that they can contact you if they need to. You should be able to add this to your store as shown in this guide. You can then add it to your menu as shown in this tutorial.

Add Social Media Icons:
Have you created a social media business pages as of yet? If not, you should consider creating a Facebook and Instagram page at least. This is a great marketing tool for online businesses such yours. I'd recommend creating some social media business pages and then linking them to your store as shown in this guide. More information on how you can market your store can be found here too. 

Add policies to your store:

You should add policies to your store such as a refund, shipping and terms of service policy. This is very important information every store should provide for their customers. It also outlines clear expectations for your customers and you can refer to if needed. I'd recommend following this guide for more info. 

Clear title and product descriptions:
Your product titles and descriptions appear as a default description from the supplier or a dropshipping site. Merchants should always write custom descriptions and titles so that they are unique and don't look copied from another site. More info can be found here

Business plan: 
Have you created a business plan as of yet? By doing so, a business plan allows you to narrow down the product that you'll offer, and the audience that you offer the product to. For example, a good business plan answers these four things:

* How do you define your business?
* To whom are you selling?
* What are you selling exactly?
* How are you reaching the people who buy from you?

We have a great guide here that can help you to create a business plan if you would like to take a look. That being said, business plans aren't required but highly recommended. If you wanted to skip this step, we do offer a free 'Getting Started with Shopify' course here I would recommend checking out. The course offered goes through everything in full from getting started to design and then launching. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
3 0 0

Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 29 45

Sure thing @PhilnetStore! There's quite a lot of information listed above so please be sure to let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

All the best, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
628 38 148

Hey,
It seems you have worked quite a lot, as the store is amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a

lot better sales.

1. The logo isn't professional enough, its an image and favicon is missing.
  2. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.
  3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.
  4. Add more social links for better connectivity.
  5. You should add terms and condition and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content. 
  6. Also, You have around 168  products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://philnetcollection.com/search?q=  Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  7. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope my feedback will help you in converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes

Hi,

I have noticed a few minor things that you might consider taking to make your store better. 

Logo Design -  For Brand identity, you need a proper logo to represent your business as its missing on your website. It's a basic or important foundation for branding your business. 

Home Page: You need to completely redesign your home page and make your website user-friendly. I think your website is starting from the collection page. 

Menu - Menu and its label have a great impact on the user. Menu structure needs to be fixed,  you can add information such as ‘About us’, ‘Contact us’, “Home section/Icon’, etc. all these items on the menu for easy navigation to users and to provide information to search engine.

Product Availability - It's a good practice to show product availability information to the users to attract or please the customer.

Featured product - You can show your top-selling product on the home page. 

Shipping and return policy (Most Recommended) - Shipping and return policy improves users’ trust, and it gives a feeling of safety to your customers. It ensures excellent customer service. Also, search engines and all advertisement tools give this more importance. 

Privacy Policy(Most Recommended) - Privacy policy is a great way to show customers that you can be trusted for handling personal information of the user with care.

Terms of services (Most Recommended)- You should have terms of Service Agreement on your website.

Detailed Product Description -  Provide a detailed product description to users it creates a better understanding of the product and also it will help to increase ranking for keywords. 

Font - Choose a font that is easier to read even from further away.  Verdana, sans-serifs are some of the fonts that have spacing on each letter so it becomes easily readable to the user. 

Blog - Blogging increases website traffic so you can give it a try.

Size Chart: It is always recommended to provide a size chart so that users can get better guidance before purchasing an item. 

FAQs - It's a nice practice to help user guide regarding their purchase by answering their queries. People are more likely to purchase when they know you have taken time to guide them and you have displayed the full knowledge of the products it builds your trust.

Image with text - I don't understand the purpose of this section, it looks like it is not completed. 

Try Offers and Discount - try free shipping promos and money-back guarantee offers on your product. 

Write a review - This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add write a review section on your website and display it with the aggregate rating. 

Add an Email sign-up form on your website - to collect the email database, you should have an email sign-up form on your website to shoot an email for every update, release, and news.

Structured Data- I saw that you have implemented structured data but some attributes are still empty or missing value such as ( SKU, product reviews, rating, URL), so it's always recommended to assign these values, it will help increase search appearance on SERP.  

SEO -  Site structure should be based on keywords. The overall design and architecture of information on your website should be structured in a logical way. Do some keyword research that your customers are searching for.  

URL structure - URLs should be definitive but concise. By seeing only the URL, a user (and search engine!) should have a good idea of what to expect on the page. When necessary for readability, use hyphens to separate words. URLs should not use underscores, spaces, or any other characters to separate words. URL should be 50 – 60 characters is a pretty good number to shoot for. If we go with a lengthy URL, it can negatively impact SEO ranking. 

Mobile Responsive -  Make your website responsive.  Nowadays approx 90% audience is using mobile for each small thing. Google’s algorithm is human-based, consider the trends Google has prepared mobile-first indexing and effectively enabled Starting from July 1, 2019. 

Speed Optimization - You need to work on your website performance’s speed as I am seeing it is very slow. Also, you need to optimize website images. It will improve the user experience. Fast page load time will also boost the website’s crawl rate. 

Footer: You need to add proper footer menu links. Also, you can show website information and address in the footer.   

I hope you like it!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
389 20 76

Hi @PhilnetStore 

Hey congratulations on opening such a great store, honestly I like it a lot, but I think there might be a couple things you could consider changing.

You might consider adding a FAQ section. Adding an FAQ section to your store can help your customer more easily be able to find a solution to their problems without asking you. This will help long into the future so you don't need to spend so much time on customer support

Also I noticed that you don't have reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

Did you think about adding a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Also I noticed that you don't have a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

Also I noticed that you don't have an always visible buy button. Every extra step that a customer has to go through, makes it more likely for them not to buy from you. If you are getting a lot of customers coming to your store, but not buying, one of the reasons might be that it is just a bit too hard. If you can make your buy button always visible (especially important when people are on their phones), it can help more of your customers want to buy from you, I wrote an app that can help with that https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales .

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
301 18 37

Hey, you should work on your logo.  You need to engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. I am open to further discussion.

Aitrillion is an 'All in One' Shopify app, built for the e-commerce store owners. With Aitrillion, maximize engagement and conversions by Loyalty Points and Rewards, Push Notifications, Email Marketing and automation, Chatbot with auto-optimization towards higher conversions powered by machine learning. Get deep insights about the activity of your customers with the help of Predictive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
Start your 14 days free trial now. https://www.aitrillion.com/
Get a free setup from our support.
0 Likes