Review my store please

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3
Can you please look at my store and say why i don’t get sales? I get a ton of traffic , i think around 10000 in total but only 4 sales. I have cool items most of them are free shipping and 95% has decent product descriptions. What am i doing wrong or is it just the corona crisis that makes people hasitate?

Thank you
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
180 26 109

Hi @Lindseyhasit! Could you please add a link to your store?

Cheers -
Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3
Ofcourse sorry ;) lindseyhasit.com

Thank you!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
180 26 109

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Lindseyhasit!

Let’s see what we can to turn more of those visitors into customers. I know it’s hard to watch traffic but not see any business.

Right off the bat, I see a few issues:

• Your logo is fantastic, but it’s very large. Your header needs to be tightened up. Test with a smaller logo as well. 
  • The currency localization app you use isn’t updating the banner. 
  • Your social media links aren’t working. 
  • Pause/remove the live sales notification pop-up. Since the latest ones are from a month ago, it’s not going to help you drive more sales.

Looking at the homepage, I would add a hero image with a CTA instead of the “Fashion has it” image. I would follow that up with visitor behavior, such as heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit). 

From my experience, turning to visitor behavior will help you see that people aren’t using your homepage like you thought. In this case, use scroll heatmaps to see how far they scroll and click heatmaps to see what they clicked. Are they engaging with your homepage at all, or are they using the menu bar to navigate? 

We have to talk about navigation here for a moment. I would clean it up. It’s very extensive, which may take away from the customer experience. Watch session recordings to see how people navigate through your page and use click heatmaps to dive into which collections your visitors are most interested in. 

There’s definitely room to consolidate the menu bar. For example, would accessories include sunglasses and watches?  Can the phone cases be combined with a filter to find Samsung or iPhone cases? 

I also noticed that there are some things hidden under “more” that should also be placed in the footer. Pages like your Rewards Program, About Us, Track Your Order, Contact Us, etc., are buried right now. If you don’t look under “more,” you don’t know they are there. These are crucial pages, so get them into that footer! 

Let’s get to ordering!

For product pages, I found a consistency issue:

• Luminous Phone Case - I like that you have the colors easily recognized! The description font needs to be a little smaller to look a little more professional. I would also clean up all of those photos to scroll through in the description. Focus only on the few that help market the phone case, not all of them.  
  • Polarized pilot sunglasses - While the phone case had too many details, this one has too few details! For example, the lens color “1” or “5” means nothing to me. Make it easier for customers to find their products. Add some description back into it! Also, if there’s not a box included in any of them, I would take it out of the product image if that’s a selling point. 
  • Flip-flops - I like that you have a size guide, but there are no measurements here. I would clarify that it’s shoe sizes. For the description, this is the font size and style that I would add to the rest of your product pages. The description is easy to read, and it gets straight to the point. 

Overall, I would use click heatmaps to see if the inventory tracker is working or is a distraction. I found it’s inconsistent on the product pages - sometimes it was tracking how many were sold, and other times it was tracking how many were in stock. I found some products, like a flip-flops, that didn’t have it at all.

Additionally, don’t forget to add in your shipping! If it’s free over €80.00, how much is it originally? Add in a page that details that information because customers don’t like surprises.

Lastly, let’s talk about customer engagement.

1. Your contact us page - Make sure your email address is linked.

1. Your live chat - right now, it’s covering up the rewards icon. I also don’t see it being very engaging. It’s just there. There are systems out there that let you actively seek out customers who may be confused. You set up the criteria (i.e., spent 30 seconds on a product page or didn’t checkout within 2 minutes of adding a product to the cart). Once someone meets that criteria, an invitation to chat is triggered. It can really help save the sale.

1. Ask through polls - when in doubt, just ask. Ask something like, “Is there something that prevented you from checking out today?” It doesn’t need to launch the moment someone lands on your site. It can trigger after seconds of someone coming to your site or scrolling through the page. Polls just add another layer of feedback to help you improve your store.

Overall, you’re on the right track. With a little visitor behavior and customer engagement, I know you’re going to go far and see those sales ramp up! Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3
Thank you so very much for your feedback!! It helps a lot if someone from the outside looks at my website because it’s looked at with a different eye.
I’m definitly going to instal the lucky orange app to see my customers behaviour and use that to improve my store. I also got my social media icons working now, don’t know why they stopped working though.
I also going to finish writing all my product descriptions. I also saw an app for that so i will look into that.

Again thank you for your feedback it really helped me a lot!!

Lindsey
1 Like