Review my store www.smart-hook.com

smart-hook
Tourist
6 0 1

Dear all members, 

You are invited to visit my store www.smart-hook.com, dropshipping product store, I need you evaluate and give me direction if I am going in right direction or needs imporvements.

Thanks

HelpfulBeing
Pathfinder
106 6 22

Hi @smart-hook ,

Here are some suggestions that you can consider :

1. You can add customer testimonials to increase trust among shoppers.

2. Instagram feed could be added for better brand promotions.

3. Update the Favicon to your store icon to make it identical.

4. Add information regarding Shipping, Returns and Refunds.

5. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app. 

You can read more about our app here. And also see some of our display widgets in action on our demo site.

I hope above points helps :)

Kind regards,

Yusuf | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
264 47 161

Hey there, @smart-hook!

First of all, I can tell you’ve put a lot of work into your store. It shows! There are still some things that need some evaluation and updating.

Easy fix before we get started: Update your favicon. While we all love the Shopify icon, it’s not your favicon. :-)

Homepage

• I like that you have a fun video as a hero image, but it’s not helping drive people to your products. When I first landed on it, it was of two turtles. While it’s neat, I don’t know if it works as a hero image. You need to add a CTA regardless, but I would also play around with a static hero image or limiting the video to a smaller space. 
  • I feel like you’ve jumped into your products too soon. Do you use heatmaps to see where people click and scroll? This would be a good time to use it. I would check out how far down the page people scroll and then look at where they are clicking. Are they using your top navigation or your products on your homepage? Instead, I would test out featuring collections rather than just products. 
  • Watch session recordings of people using your homepage. Watch how they browse. Some of your visitors may be browsing, but most are probably on your site to find specific items. Right now, your homepage doesn’t help the latter unless they go to your main navigation.  
  • Remove “Featured Collection” from the homepage. You don’t mention which collection it’s from, and it’s very repetitive from the products seen earlier on the homepage.

Footer

• Add in shipping and refund pages. Don’t bury them in your FAQs. 
  • Calculate shipping costs before your visitors get to checkout. That’s one surprise that will convince your visitors not to checkout. 
  • I’m confused by your icons under “Follow.” The Facebook I get, but the contact airplane is out of place. Should it be Twitter instead?
  • Contact page: I like the simplicity of your contact form! I would just add a welcoming messaging with your email address (in case they want to contact you that way). 

Main Navigation

• There are too many collections here. I would evaluate it with heatmaps to see where your visitors are clicking. How are they using it? Simplify it if you can. Because you have two rows of collections, it’s difficult to use the dropdown for Hiking without activating the dropdown for Tools & Accessories.  
  • I can’t click into the top-level collections of Hiking or Tools & Accessories. 
  • What’s the difference between Outdoor and Interesting Items? They seem to be the same collection. It was confusing why these are collections and what they mean. 
  • In the collections themselves, make sure there’s a way to filter through the products. I’m looking at the Camping Essentials, and it would be nice to have a filter than let me see those sub-collections.

Product Pages
For reference, I’m looking at the Stretch Hiking Pants Men Summer Quick Dry Trousers Mens Mountain Climbing Outdoor Pants Male Travel/Fishing/Trekking Pants AM381. 

• Remove the “26929783-gray-black-asian-size-l.” It’s unnecessary information.
  • You need to rewrite the product name and description. The product name is keyword stuffing at its best, and your description isn’t helpful. When the fit says, “fits smaller than usual. Please check this store’s sizing info,” I can’t find any said sizing chart.
  • Likewise, the description isn’t helpful to your customers. There are better ways to relay this information.
  • In general, put the description after the ordering drop-downs. 
  • Update the size from Asian Size L to Size L. Again, the sizing chart will be helpful here.
  • Look at your pricing carefully. I was able to find the same pants for $60 with free shipping at $35. 
  • Add in reviews. In your purchase confirmation emails, encourage reviews from your customers. 

Communication
As I mentioned earlier, I like your contact form. However, that’s not enough to increase conversions. Add in a live chat option on your site to answer visitor questions WHILE they are still on your site. Your contact form will require you to receive the message and then respond,which takes them off of your site. You want to keep them on your site and help them make the decision to buy by answering their questions.

In general, you have a fun store with amazing opportunities. Use visitor behavior to make it easier for your visitor to find what they want to buy. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
smart-hook
Tourist
6 0 1

Hey Danny !

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. Let me update my webpage according to your suggestions. 

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Aizada
Shopify Partner
381 34 153

Hi @smart-hook 

Your store looks very informative and dynamic, it is no way boring or overwhelming. The products seem to be of high quality. 

It looks like the mobile version speed is the issue. I recommend seeing the analytics of how many people use mobile phones to enter your site, and if the ratio is big, make sure to get rid of unused codes and compressing the images that you are using. If you have some hard-coded apps, ask the developers to optimize their codes. 

As for functionality, your site is not lacking anything. So I only have a couple of things you can do if you want to take your business to the next level. 

1) Run a referral campaign. The items on your site is something that everyone will potentially like, so by giving your customers an opportunity to share items from your store and get discounts for that will work great for driving more relevant traffic and also to build a loyal customer base. 

2) The review widget on your site is currently not working. Enable it on product pages to get more testimonials. 

3) Launch a Reward program. You can reward your members for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  GrowaveWe have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1956 124 436

Hey Smart-Hook,

Below listed points would surely help optimize your store:

• Mention contact details like gmail address,company address etc in the "Contact Us" section for strengthening customer trust.
  • Create a unique favicon instead of the "Shopify Icon" for better site identification.
  • Add images to "About Us" to make it express better.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best! 

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
smart-hook
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you Neha !

Your suggestions are really great. I have installed growave and working on filters. Very supportive review. Thanks

I have a question how can I view my total products collection wise. The shopify admin product page only lets you view the products I have in my store but does not tell me which product is shown in which collection and which products are not categorised in a collection. How is this possible?

Thanks again.

0 Likes
smart-hook
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks EcomWorld

I have added many products using oberlo but did not know that each product description needs to be reviewed before publishing on store site. I am working on it now. I dont know much about SEO and I tried google shopping to connect to it but it is now suspended due to lack of proper description. 

0 Likes
smart-hook
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks for your review. 

I have installed growave. I am looking into it how it can increase customer interaction. Thanks again for your support. 

0 Likes
Sajay
Shopify Partner
139 16 48

Hey @smart-hook 

Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.

Your store looks fine - but you have to make it stand out from all the other stores who are also doing dropshipping the most popular products. Also, there are a few experience issues which you can solve you boost your sales:

1. Logo on the home page: Your logo is the main identifier of your brand. It will be responsible for recall in users memory. On your home page, I felt the logo is too small in size, compared to other items. Trying resizing it!
  2. Add some information about shipping in a separate shipping page. Shipping pages are some of the most read pages on a website. How much time, shipping charges, etc. all of these details should be provided to the users. 
  3. The first fold, as soon as I land, doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. Even after watching the entire video, I could only find out what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating the copy + images in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and what you’re selling, and why someone should buy from you.
  4. You need to guide users to the right products. Here’s what I mean: When visitors come browsing in your store, they usually look for clues for which product they should buy. Think about when you shop online on amazon. How do you select a specific product?
    You look at reviews, what other people are saying. So adding reviews to products would be a good option. 
  5. The 2nd way is you look for the “bestseller” or “lightning deal” labels on the products. You can use these kinds of product labels on your products to guide users towards specific products. They make specific products stand out and help in decision making. Apps like Modemagic can help apply labels to your product images for free. Not only just for “bestseller”, but you can also apply labels like “selling out” or “sale” to increase the #Fomo in users. The feeling that they’re missing out is a strong drive for people to buy.
  6. About us - You’ve given a nice explanation about your company ideals. I would say add a human factor to it by talking about the people as well - the team and why you started.
  7. Your website performance is not doing well, both on Mobile and desktop. It’s loading pretty slowly, you should look into solving some of those issues. 
  8. PageSpeed_Insights.png

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes