Your store is looking magnificent. Congratulations on a very fine job. Here are some of my suggestions:
* The homepage of your store is amazing. Just add a section of your happy customers testimonials. This will serve as a social proof on your store and will increase the credibility.
* Add a short brand video on the homepage. The video should showcase your core offerings and communicate the differential value.
* I would highly recommend you to work on some of the in-store marketing tactics. You should collect email ids of the target audience who adds products in the cart. This way you can track the cart abandoners and retarget them through email recovery campaigns and web push notifications. You can try integrating Abandoned Cart Recovery by Care Cart to do this.
* To reduce bounce rate, integrate an exit intent pop up. This will help in reducing the bounce rate as well as it will also help in boosting sales.
* Also, your store has a lot of products and the scale is quite big so its better to have some engagement activity going on in the store. The audience should feel engaged. You can integrate some tactics related to social proof like showing up recent sales notifications and run a stock countdown to create an urgency factor for the target audience.
Hope it helps.
Looks very nice
I personally try to avoid carousels as they're proven to be inaffective and load lots of large images, slow down site but are disregarder by visitors.
This element is a bit busy and acts strange on some screensizes:
Fixed nav is too high and takes too much space
The texts have too many characters per line and are thus hard to read
"The optimal line length for your body text is considered to be 50-60 characters per line, including spaces (“Typographie”, E. Ruder). Other sources suggest that up to 75 characters is acceptable.1 Nov 2010"
https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/09/balancing-line-length-font-size-responsive-web-design/ More info on this often disregarder but important topic
Just a few things on the homepage that come up