Hi @StudioAllure welcome to Shopify family,
I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. I think the addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
2. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well.
3. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
4. The addition of most viewed or most liked sections on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review. Engaging the audience by writing blogs with better titles and promoting them on various social media platforms will be helpful.
5. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
6. You need to create urgency and social proof on your store for that adding visually attractive stickers like a number to products left, upcoming sales, In trend will grab the attention and excite the customer. (Attaching one of your product image as a reference)
I hope this helps!
Hey there, @StudioAllure!
Getting traffic is fantastic, but if the sales aren’t growing, then there’s definitely room to improve. The good news though is that you’re already on the road there! You’ve put a lot of hard work into the store, and it shows.
I like the simplicity of your navigation here. Use heatmaps to see where people click, including on those drop-downs. You may be able to move some of those Home drop-downs to the footer.
Also, use session recordings (which act like a DVR for your website) to watch people navigate across your store. You can filter it by different behavior (i.e., checked out or not) and source.
For reference, I’m on the page for Four buttoned embroidered chikankari short beach cover up, kaftan ,sun dress.
In general, your site is really on the right track! It just needs visitor behavior to help you see what your visitors experience and what’s stopping them from checking out. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps! Good luck!