Review on my new store - Faroosh

Highlighted
1 0 0

hi guys,

Just started my new website; www.faroosh.co

Please check it out. Selling health, beauty and fashion products. Please provide any reviews or feedback.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1418 140 388

Hey there, @faroosh 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Good job on getting your store up and running - now let's get it finely tuned! 

If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times, product descriptions really matter. The first thing I always look at when giving feedback on stores is the product descriptions. Most of your products do not appear to have descriptions at all. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. You should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this watch? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

Because of this lack of product and collection descriptions your store is lacking any voice or personality. When it comes to online stores, more words can often be better. I would consider filling out your product descriptions a bit more. One example of this I always refer to is this store. As you can see, this store makes sure to have a little description on every product that 1) describes the piece and 2) projects the voice of their brand! Take a look at how they describe some of their products, each description shows personality and reflects their brand's voice. Finding a voice for your brand will help you gather loyal customers and even brand ambassador.

The store does not have an About Us page. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you. I would highly recommend reading our blog post on this: How to Write a Persuasive About Us Page (With Examples). 

From what I can see on your product pages, the color swatches are not always working properly: 

08-09-cgfsz-uh87p

The reason for this is most likely the names of your variants. Themes with color swatches base the color swatches off the specific color name, in this case, the theme probably did not recognize "Pink Dress" as a color and so you will need to change these variant names to just the color. If this issue persists I would recommend reaching out to the developer of the theme as per this guide. 

Browsing through your page I noticed that most of your products are currently on sale. When a company offers a discount to their customers, they’re taking a big risk of devaluing their services. Customers can get the impression that the services being offered aren’t worth paying full price for. It also sets a precedent in the customer’s mind that your pricing isn’t firm. When promoting sales it is important to use scarcity and urgency to your advantage. If your store is constantly offering discounted prices it is not going to create any urgency, your customer won't see the need in buying right away as there is no end to the sale in sight. It is great to see that you are offering free shipping, but offering the free shipping for a limited time, as well as offering the discounts for a limited time would be much more effective in getting those first few sales. Take a look at our post on using urgency and scarcity to your advantage for more information on this.

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. I would recommend an app such as Ali Reviews as it imports customer reviews of the products from Ali.

When attempting to checkout I am prompted to create an account. Is there any reason that you have made this a requirement as opposed to an option? Being forced to make an account can dissuade customers who just want to check out quickly and easily from doing so. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hi 

Your store looks nice and the products are different.

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. Get yourself a good logo designed. This will add brand value to your store.
  2. I don't know why there is a lot of GIF's in the home page,does'nt seems great to me.
  3. Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  4. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  5. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase.
  6. Taking someone to the cart is a challenge.So to make them buy from your site, add a longer product description as it leads to better SEO ranking in google search.  Ref article from shopify
  7. Further to increase your average order value you can add another section of Frequently bought products/Clicked products on your product page.
  8. The default search landing page https://faroosh.co/pages/search-results?  is bit off, I mean it's irrelevant. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  9. Lastly, You have over 90 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.