Reviewing my store

Ruthcounsell03
1 0 1

I Am interested what the community feel on my store I have fashion e-commerce site Roocou.com as I am struggling to get the navigation system man in menu headers working on mobile and was hoping someone could suggest a better theme or recommend some tips for improvement if possible 

my store url is Roocou-com.my shopify.com 

mall thoughts welcome here 

thanks Ruth 

Hi @Ruthcounsell03 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 4 years of providing solutions for over 70.000 active Shopify merchants.

Regarding the menu header issue, you can contact the theme provider of your store, I believe they are the most suitable to help you to fix it. 

I have some recommendations below

Add a favicon to your store

This is one of the great things to make your store unique. You can check this tutorial here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add...

Home page

1.1 Slideshow image issues

Roocou – ROOCOU.COM 2021-02-10 14-59-11.png

There are 2 issues on the slide images:

• The text on the slide is hard to read. You can see the menu header with the current font color is not highlighted. In the next slide, the text on it is also not easy to read. I recommend you should have clear image with text, don't need to stack up
  • The text FREE SHIPPING SPEND OVER 5O should be put on the yellow box above and make it an announcement bar.

1.2 Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. Especially, the menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.3 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can display testimonials as a slideshow, you can consult my Stella template

Stella – PageFly 2020-12-09 09-11-17.pngYou can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

1.4 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.

For the home page layout, I think you should take a look at this homepage anatomy:

social-1.png

You can refer to our educational album: "Ecommerce Website Personalization" to personalize your homepage and know how to build an effective homepage layout

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. I also have a post of feedback on good factors of a high-converting store, you can check here

https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Store-Feedback-by-Shopify-Expert/td-p/1036094

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly. 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2479 142 446

Hello @Ruthcounsell03, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the Aitrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and your branding is well done. I do also have a few suggestions to offer you:

- Showcase reviews on the home page.

- Add a favicon.

- You should maximize customer engagement in your store by adding essential customer engagement tools:

• You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically. Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.
  • Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action and make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
  • Add a web push notification. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1704 181 503

Hey there, @Ruthcounsell03 

Great job on the store so far! Let's get right into it.

Checkout Experience: 

When I added items to my cart I was told by a popup that I qualified for free shipping, however, when I entered my details in the checkout mu cheapest option was €13,92 EUR. Speaking as a customer, were I to be shopping on a site where that happened, I would leave and not come back. Make sure to either offer free shipping or at least be upfront about shipping costs. 

About Page:

Your about section in the footer has a read more option which leads nowhere. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
-  Incorporate persuasive content (e.g. an explainer video, data visualizations, links to blog posts) that might otherwise clutter your homepage.

In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you.

Navigation: 

I would recommend reaching out to your theme developer directly regarding your Navigation as the color makes it hard to read on your homepage. 

Favicon:

One small thing which isn't crucial but will make your site look that bit more professional is adding a favicon that matches your business logo. A favicon is an icon that appears on a tab in a browser, usually a logo. You can add a favicon to your site as per this guide. 

Browsing through your page I noticed that most of your products are currently on sale. When a company offers a discount to their customers, they’re taking a big risk of devaluing their services. Customers can get the impression that the services being offered aren’t worth paying full price for. It also sets a precedent in the customer’s mind that your pricing isn’t firm. When promoting sales it is important to use scarcity and urgency to your advantage. If your store is constantly offering discounted prices it is not going to create any urgency, your customer won't see the need in buying right away as there is no end to the sale insight. It is great to see that you are offering free shipping, but offering free shipping for a limited time, as well as offering discounts for a limited time would be much more effective in getting those first few sales. Take a look at our post on using urgency and scarcity to your advantage for more information on this.

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes