Roast My Store

Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 4

Hello people,

Launched my site this weeked, had feedback from few family and friends, been all positive but looking for someone from a more critical perspective. Bounce rate has been hovering around 80% and ran a very small but targeted facebook ad campaign just to learn a bit more about my audience, im happy with the outcome of this information.

The bounce rate at this point is what concerns me and I know it is early days but would love to know how/where to improve in order to bring home the first sale. The concept is environmentally friendly products. 

https://forever-green.co

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

Hi @Ababusa 

The store is great, honestly the best one I have seen so far in the similar niche.The design is very calming and neat

There are two tips I have got for you:

1. Site-wise (as a Shopify expert)

-In your niche, the possibility of getting repetitive purchases and loyal customers is very high. So take advantage of that. I recommend using not only referral program but also reward and tier programs. Growave offers a huge Rewards and Loyalty Program along with 10 other marketing tools in one. https://growave.io/

-Make your site more personal by adding an "'About us" section. You can dedicate a separate page to that and tell your story there. Say why you started this business, why it is so important to purchase sustainable items and why you are the one who people should be buying from. 

2.Business-wise (as a Start up owner)

-Make sure you cover as many needs of your audience as possible. I think you are aware that sustainable development is gaining momentum, therefore the niche will be full very soon. Before you have a huge competition try to gain customers' trust. For that, add a bigger variety of items and even include services if possible.

-When it comes to items that are nature friendly and have little to no harm to the environment. Therefore, make sure your packaging is not working in other direction than your products. 

I am sure you have a business plan already, but always think of how you can expand, maybe by partnering with other brands that sell complementary goods etc. Be curious and explore :)

I sincerely believe in your business, and with you the best of luck!

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Ababusa 

Great underlying theme to your store which should definitely resonate with folk in the current environment (excuse the pun!). Overall I think the site looks good, with good flow, quality images and good product descriptions. 

In your collections I'm intrigued to understand why 'coffee capsules' is one of the categories? It doesnt seem to fit the wider categories you have and seems out of place. Unless your target customers really want these I would be inclined to get rid of the category or include them as part of 'home and living'.

The next thing I noticed is that you dont have a large portfolio of products yet. This is understandable as you're just starting out and this is a solid start over a weekend! However, the high bounce rate may be due to the fact that after people get to your site, they dont find anything they really need and bounce. Is there a product that requires repeat use that you can include (ironically, coffee capsules work here!). Otherwise if you can increase your range of products then I'm sure that would help. 

Finally, people can tell you're a new store as there are no customer reviews. That social proof is the biggest thing that will encourage others to buy. Shoppers have a follower mentality and the words and ratings of others will play a huge part in them buying. Once prospective customers can get a sense of the quality of products, the efficiency of delivery and the customer service, they'll be reassured to part with their hard-earned cash. They also want to know 'if people like them' buy from there - whether that's age, gender, geographic location, profession etc. 

You're a new store owner so likely have no sales right now and may think reviews are for later when you have lots of customers. This is wrong. Reviews should be planned now. At Syntellio, we help store owners develop the right strategy for collecting customer reviews from the outset and in the right way so you get your messaging from other customers right to build loyalty and brand trust. 

I hope this has been helpful. 

95% of shoppers read online reviews before making a purchase

Syntellio collects online reviews on your behalf and allows you to share to social media, helping you increase sales and make your store a success.

Get started for free here.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Forever-Green,

Apart from being present in the dropdown, the search bar should also be placed beside the cart on the top right of the header. The login also needs to be placed on the top right of the header for ease of access and a more structured header look. Some other essential points to be implemented are as follows:

1. A unique header template should be created for highlighting amazing discounts or free shipping offers instead.
  2. A detailed "About Us" section needs to be added to both the footer and the dropdown as well.
  3. For better customer engagement, discounts are a must.
  4. "Sale" section should be created for all discounted products as well.
  5. Reviews need to be added below each product for better customer choice.
  6. Testimonials and Instagram images are crucial for better brand promotion.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the store receives its first sale very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 4

Thank you so much for the invaluable feedback everyone, lovely to see such a helpful community here. Ill get right to work with suggested changed

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

Hey @Ababusa,

Firstly, I congratulate you for coming up with such an ingenious idea. Really you have a wonderful store. You need to engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. You have stunning products in your store but you are lacking in engagement features. 

You can add a referral program. It will help you to build a loyal customer base and will increase sales. 

Add a countdown timer to create curiosity amongst customers to buy the product.

If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.

If you would like to implement all these on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 4
That's really detailed feedback from each and everyone one of you really appreciate it, not so much those who decided to email me telling me it's all awful and I should pay them to fix it.

You have given me a great deal to keep me busy for the remainder of the day so once again thanks all!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

The pleasure is mine! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 4
Hi Shopify community again, going to resurrect this post again as implemented a bunch of the changes and did another small ad campaign this weekend.
Traffic has been weak to be honest and the bounce rate is around 70%.
Any further insight into why this could be would be awesome as I'm somewhat at a loss on what it could be
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 0

Great website!

Although a lot of these replies are just in some way trying to promote their business, I do think they give good advice.

Just a quick thing I am suggesting from a consumer stand point. I would make it more obvious what your website is selling on the homepage. Maybe under "Make the Change" you could add something like "Eco-Friendly products to improve your life"

My opinion is people need to know what you're selling almost right away since their attention spans are short.

0 Likes