Running traffic to my Shopify collection page, need feedback on high bounce rate

Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

Hi,

I’m running an online fashion store. I started running traffic to my collection page, promoting my fall collection,

https://tianabayboutiques.com/collections/our-fall-collection-girly-girl-approved,

and I have been getting traffic but when people arrive to the site, it seems like there is a high bounce rate (86-92%). 

I’m not getting any sales, and looking for feedback for my store

TIA,

Valerie

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Valerie_Adj,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder. I would like to have some feedback after checking your page:

The Collection Page

Add a slideshow/banner:

You can try to make a good first impression on your customers using a banner. An attractive banner with clear headings, CTAs, and high-quality images should make your store look more professional and get the attention of customers. Since you are running a promotion to this page, you may need to add more content about the offer to the banner.  

Good offers:

You haven’t set a sale price for any of your products yet. Most customers will pay their attention to an on-sale product, you can make offers like sales 10%, 20%, or 50% to make customers interested in your products. This page will need more attractive offers, elements like that.

A countdown timer:

An offer with a countdown timer would be a perfect combo to urge customers to make a purchase. If your theme is supported, you can add a countdown timer to your banner. Otherwise, you can consider using a Page builder to make a section like that. 

Product Page

Product Images: for a fashion store, the product images should have high quality. You can consider taking the picture of your products by yourself. High-quality product images can make your store look better, more professional, and boost the trust of your site.

Color Swatcher: Change the color variant selector from the dropdown menu to the color swatcher should help your store look better and more professional. A third party app or supported theme can help you enable this feature on both the Collection page and Product page.

Delivery Date: Most users will want to know when they will get their products. Showing the delivery date and shipping policies can make users decide the purchase quicker.

You can consider redesigning the layout of the page. Improving the design of the store should keep customers on your page longer. That is some of my feedback, I hope this can be useful for you and your store, hit like if you agree.

Cheer,

Richard.

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get
more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1207 60 359

Hi Valerie! Maggie, Shopify Expert here  

The loading speed could be better - that could be the main reason for a high drop off rate.

Also, consider optimizing your above the fold area [visible on the screen without scrolling down]. At the moment, you display only an image, which doesn't anything for your conversion rate:

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 18.24.57.png

Consider showing your products right away, so they are visible above the fold:

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 18.24.50.png

This way people can click them as soon as they land on your collection page, which would be much better for user experience and sales.

Consider also working on the product titles to use more specific and less competitive keywords. This will help you get ranked in more relevant search results and you won't have to compete with major brands right away. 

Your SEO score is 46/100, which is definitely room for improvement.

Your H tags are not in the right order, so make sure to optimize them:

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 18.34.04.png

Make sure to optimize your content with more specific keywords - as the keywords you currently rank for are still too generic:

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 18.35.30.png

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve complete website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/  

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes