STORE FEEDBACK

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Good evening All,

I launched my online store week ago (specializing in baby & mummy products). I am currently running Facebook adds and trying to promote my online store on Instagram. However, without any lack. I have couple of views (up to 70) per day on my website but no sales yet.  Please would you have a look at my website and point to any errors/ problems you see with my page, because I can not figure out what is wrong. My website: www.mytinyjoy.com

Your feedback would be highly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
472 47 238

Hi Mytinyjoy,

General
  • The favicon: Your store doesn't have a favicon at the moment. A favicon is a small square image or logo that appears on the browser tabs, as well as on browser pages that list web addresses, such as the bookmarks page. It helps strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website. Here's how you can add a favicon to your store.
  • There is lot of extra space in the header part. You can remove those extra spaces so that user may not scroll down the page to view your products.
Homepage
  • You need a newsletter 97% of people who visit a website for the first time don't purchase it is crucial that we capture their email addresses to bring them back to the site.
  • If the social media icons/links at the footer can be opened at the new tab instead of the same tab upon click. This will ensure your visitors/customers stay on your store while checking out your social media presence.
Product
  • No related product list. It is very helpful in improving your cross sales so i suggest provide featured collections or related product list.

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here.

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1504 93 331

Hi Mytinyjoy,

Your website is super cute, I wish I had my own child right now :). Fingers crossed some day soon. 

I reviewed your site briefly and here are some of my suggestions that you can easily update on the site. 

1. Add all products and deals link on the main menu.
  2. Reduce the header space little, taking half of my screen and hardly can see any categories.
  3. You can add Sitemap on the site footer, it’s good for SEO purpose.
  4. You should add Blogs or FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content.
  5. Add an email address, if not a phone number, on the Contact page.
  6. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together.
  7. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  8. The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  9. Lastly, You have over 74 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows advanced filters, synonyms and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.

Hope these feedbacks help you and you taste the success soon.

May it rains customers and orders, 

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted

We have two clients who targets parents with babies and kids. Our feedback is going to be based on running ads for them across Facebook/Instagram, Google, Pinterest and Bing. We will add a second post to tell you how we think about marketing a kids/parent site. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand. This is going to help tie your site together

2. Setup a main menu with links to your collection pages vs having a drop down menu

3. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

Product Page  Feedback

1. Have links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page and remove all the extra text as it creates duplicate content

2. Move "Secured and trusted checkout with" to your footer
  3. Move the sizing chart information off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

4. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw had only 1 or 2 images

5. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

6. Add a product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

7. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store needs some work to take it up a level to what parents expect in 2019.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like