Sales and My Store

Solved
Tourist
5 0 1

I could really use some help here. I revamped my store today because I haven't received any sales since Feb 2019 when I opened it. Now that I revamped it today, can you give me some honest feedback on the design and products and such so I will get some sales?

Here is my store www.bfcskincare.com 

Thanks

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
332 37 65

Hey, @BFCSkinCare!

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

Thank you for sharing your business with the community, so that we can offer some input for your journey! I wanted to start by saying that you have a lovely website. I can tell a lot of work has gone into it. I did notice a few details I think you could benefit from working on, to take it to the next level!

First of all, I suggest revisiting your main slideshow. On a larger screen it looks great, but when I took a look at a smaller size, some of the text was cut off at the sides.
14-20-9xl6s-ssu22
Other than that I really like your home page. It has a professional vibe, with well distributed content.

I also took a look at the About page. I love the comparison list you have, however I think it might work better placed beneath your text. Having a sentence or two introducing your business as the first thing customers see will hook them and encourage them to keep reading. The list is great, but I suggest including it as part of the page instead of relying on it as the main introduction to your story.

Finally, I wanted to ask about Smoke House Unlimited. Is this another business that you own? While there is nothing wrong with cross promotion of businesses, it would be best to share an explanation of why this particular business is being featured on your store. Some customers may be familiar with the brand, but when I first loaded up your site I wasn't sure what that was or where it took me when I clicked on the link.

Store design is an important aspect of making sales, however another factor is how you are promoting your business. If you haven't had a chance to start thinking about it, I suggest going over this help doc on developing a marketing plan. 

How do you currently reach out to your audience? Do you connect with potential customers anywhere on social media at all? Feel free to continue our conversation here!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

Awesome advice! OK, take  look now. I made your suggested changes. Check out the mobile version too. www.bfcskincare.com

@Lizzy wrote:

Hey, @BFCSkinCare!

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

Thank you for sharing your business with the community, so that we can offer some input for your journey! I wanted to start by saying that you have a lovely website. I can tell a lot of work has gone into it. I did notice a few details I think you could benefit from working on, to take it to the next level!

First of all, I suggest revisiting your main slideshow. On a larger screen it looks great, but when I took a look at a smaller size, some of the text was cut off at the sides.
14-20-9xl6s-ssu22
Other than that I really like your home page. It has a professional vibe, with well distributed content.

I also took a look at the About page. I love the comparison list you have, however I think it might work better placed beneath your text. Having a sentence or two introducing your business as the first thing customers see will hook them and encourage them to keep reading. The list is great, but I suggest including it as part of the page instead of relying on it as the main introduction to your story.

Finally, I wanted to ask about Smoke House Unlimited. Is this another business that you own? While there is nothing wrong with cross promotion of businesses, it would be best to share an explanation of why this particular business is being featured on your store. Some customers may be familiar with the brand, but when I first loaded up your site I wasn't sure what that was or where it took me when I clicked on the link.

Store design is an important aspect of making sales, however another factor is how you are promoting your business. If you haven't had a chance to start thinking about it, I suggest going over this help doc on developing a marketing plan. 

How do you currently reach out to your audience? Do you connect with potential customers anywhere on social media at all? Feel free to continue our conversation here!

Thank you,
Lizzy

0 Likes

Hi @BFCSkinCare 

If you could get some images of people using your product etc I think that would look awesome. It's always gives a good vibe and feeling on a website when you see lots of people smiling. 

I'd also think about getting a professional logo and make the website easier to navigate etc. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Inspire Small Business #inspire

www.inspiresmallbusiness.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
332 37 65

Hey @BFCSkinCare.

Thanks for trying my suggestions out! The main image looks fantastic now, that's a great adjustment.

I noticed that you've removed the About Us page entirely. Have you temporarily disabled it while updating the content?

Thanks for keeping me updated with your adjustments! 

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks. I went ahead and added back in the About Us page. See what you think now.

@Lizzy wrote:

Hey @BFCSkinCare.

Thanks for trying my suggestions out! The main image looks fantastic now, that's a great adjustment.

I noticed that you've removed the About Us page entirely. Have you temporarily disabled it while updating the content?

Thanks for keeping me updated with your adjustments! 

Lizzy

1 Like

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as the BOGO ad image does not match the branding on the rest of your site. You want to keep a consistent design and brand style across your site. The benefit images talking about gluten free, eco friendly...ect get lost on the page

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Clear up the formatting of your product description. It's hard to read right now and green on white is not easy for everyone to read

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Tourist
5 0 1
Thanks. I made some of the changes just now. I'll get more pictures of my products to show and them I'll put them in. Also, what is your take on the product description where should that be under? the main picture horizontally? do I have too much information there now? should I use an accordion like tabs feature Etc?
0 Likes

@BFCSkinCare wrote:
Thanks. I made some of the changes just now. I'll get more pictures of my products to show and them I'll put them in. Also, what is your take on the product description where should that be under? the main picture horizontally? do I have too much information there now? should I use an accordion like tabs feature Etc?

Your product description is fine where it is. Just needs better formatting as I said. Help make it look more professional.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
316 18 37

Hey @BFCSkinCare 

Here are some suggestions you need to work on:-

The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - 

And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases and helps in retaining your customers.

You need to engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers.

I am open to further discussion.

Aitrillion is an 'All in One' Shopify app, built for the e-commerce store owners. With Aitrillion, maximize engagement and conversions by Loyalty Points and Rewards, Push Notifications, Email Marketing and automation, Chatbot with auto-optimization towards higher conversions powered by machine learning. Get deep insights about the activity of your customers with the help of Predictive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
Start your 14 days free trial now. https://www.aitrillion.com/
Get a free setup from our support.
0 Likes