Sales dropped from 10.009 to 400, help!

Highlighted
6 0 0
Hi advise or help needed for my webstore www.cable-ride.com
Sales dramatically dropped from 10k€ in may to 400 € last november.
Had prior a Belgian provider "easywebshop" - started in 2013, in nov 2018 migrated to Shopify, top sales year in 2016 - 100k€
This year, with the more "professional" Shopify will end around 45k € and this at a higher monthly cost for Shopify, my website is looking much better and even have 2 additional languages, traffic was ok but slowly descending and sales are going down, help appreciated!!!

I know my products are seasonal but all other years sold in dec around 8k€, until now: zero!

Thanks!

Filip
info@cable-ride.com
www.cable-ride.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1002 59 218

Hey Cable-ride,

The decreasing fraction of traffic and sales largely depends on the fact that the visitors seem to be losing interest in your store which needs to be retained in order to maintain your site. The following steps should be followed to improve traffic and sales.

1. Add discounts to the homepage in order to attract customer attention.
  2. Add more images to the product description for a detailed understanding of the product.
  3. Add customer reviews below every product to help customer decide better,
  4. The size of the images on the product page seems too big. Kindly make it small for a better view.
  5.  Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

Hope your store gets better traffic and sales in the days to come.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes

Hi Filip! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Sorry to hear about your low sales - yes, you should expect your sales to be increasing each year, or at least staying on a certain level. From looking at your website I cannot see anything that would put shoppers off - your images are high quality, it's easy to understand what you are offering and at what price from the very start, which is excellent.

If you have Google Analytics installed, I'd recommend getting a complete review of your traffic profile. It will give you information as to where your traffic was coming from months ago, why it dropped, and from which sources. The review will also look into where your most profitable buyers are coming from, meaning that you could then focus your marketing efforts to get more traffic from these sources, which is the easiest way to boost conversion rate.

If you're not sure how to read Google Analytics data, consider getting the full review [$100] here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/asp-products/google-analytics-ppc/

Looking for more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

0 Likes

Hi Filip

I would hire someone to do a site audit and look at your past years and compare it to this year. How is traffic different, are people getting stuck on certain pages. Overall your site does look great.

Doing work around conversion rate optimization (CRO) and understanding where the roadblocks are will help you get sales back. A lot of this data will already be in Google Analytics, you just need someone to hunt it down and figure out what is stopping your site from converting. We do this for our ecom clients and it really does grow the business.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

--

Duane

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes